Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2014, 07:22   #16
BHPian

Re: I have a road tax receipt but no registration number?!

Hi all, help needed.
Need to take a new vehicle on a road trip through 3 states, incl state in which it was bought. Have got the number plates, and the tax receipt and insurance papers. The smart card RC is going to take its 45 days. I can obviously drive around in my own city, but am I likely to run into trouble in the other two states?
And to avoid this, exactly what all papers do I need to carry with me through the two week journey?
Old 19th December 2014, 00:29   #17
BHPian

Re: I have a road tax receipt but no registration number?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
Hi all, help needed.
Need to take a new vehicle on a road trip through 3 states, incl state in which it was bought. Have got the number plates, and the tax receipt and insurance papers. The smart card RC is going to take its 45 days. I can obviously drive around in my own city, but am I likely to run into trouble in the other two states?
And to avoid this, exactly what all papers do I need to carry with me through the two week journey?
Frankly, it depends on the cops of the state you are visiting.

If you have the RC, Tax receipt and the Insurance also keep the Original Invoice as a proof of purchase.

However, if you have the new HSRP IND number plates I don't think cops would bother you much. Get rid of all the plastic covers from the seats and try to keep the car inconspicuous.

Don't worry much, after all we are a Democratic Republic and you have bought the car with your own hard earned money.

Last edited by Jag4 : 19th December 2014 at 00:31.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks