Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 17:14   #16
BANNED

re: Shoddy workmanship & accessory fitment by Maruti Dealer

Dam MASS!

This clearly indicates the level of training at the service centers. Escalate the issue and get the things done pproperly under your supervision so that there is no compliant.
Old 13th November 2012, 09:58   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Shoddy workmanship & accessory fitment by Vipul Motors (Jaipur)

Thread re-opened and dealer name added. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 13:50   #18
BHPian

Thanks GTO for reopening the thread!. The dealership has got the central locking "guns" properly installed now and the GM at the dealership tried to convince me that he will get the marks cleaned off on the inner panels by rubbing them. I told him that I want the panels replaced and he was trying to dodge accepting a replacement. I have also written an email to customer care at Maruti Suzuki to ensure that the panels are replaced for sure. The guy who properly fixed the central locking guns told me something which was kind of shocking:

He told me that Maruti sources remote locking from Nippon for most cars. Nippon has specific models of remote locking for different cars designed to meet the car specifications, but currently Nippon has no remote locking system for Swift Ldi and hence dealers are installing Minda remote locking which is not specifically designed for Swift Ldi and hence involves a lot of shoddy installation work. Also, he said that the Ritz Vxi and other Vxi/Vdi models are better as they come with the guns in the doors pre-installed so they only have to hook up the remote locking module which is a simple job. He also said that Maruti/Nippon has recently launched some new remote locking system for lower models which is about to reach the dealerships and is newly designed and simpler to install.

It is clear that higher variants come with the essentials pre-installed so that there is no shoddy installation required. Also, the shut sound created in Ritz Lxi is much sharper than the Vxi models because of differently designed central locking guns, though I think that covering up the moving remote locking rods can reduce the sharp sound.

Last thing which the central locking installer told me is that the guns installed in higher end variants cost Rs 1500 per door to replace as compared to the Nippon ones which cost Rs 400. He also said that the original Nippon guns last much longer than those which come in the higher variants, though I doubt this as they are more properly installed, are less prone to develop any kind of play and wear lesser.

Last edited by iron.head : 13th November 2012 at 13:52.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 18:12   #19
BHPian

Hi All!

There is an update to this entire episode. I called the GM(Mr Narendra Yadav) at the dealership today and he told me that he cannot provide any deadline on the arrival of the replacement parts. He said that Maruti sources Central Locking from Nippon and that he is in communication with Nippon about the damages done to the car by Nippon installation guys during the installation of the remote locking. He also told me that I might ask you to contact Nippon, so that they pay for the damages done to the car. He also said that I cannot state any definite time period in which the parts will arrive and will be installed in your car and that ordering anything on part of the dealership will be a monetary loss to us!!! This is completely shocking! I have also written to Customer Care at Maruti Suzuki and got this reply from them:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Customer Care.
We have received your communication regarding damages done while installing accessories.
We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
We are forwarding your query to the concerned department. You would hear from us soon.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.
Regards,
ANY TIME MARUTI
-------------------------------------------------------------

This email was received on 12th of this month and nobody has contacted me yet. I request T-BHPians to provide me email addresses of senior officials at Maruti Suzuki so that I can contact them regarding this issue.

Last edited by iron.head : 20th November 2012 at 18:13.
Old 21st November 2012, 19:24   #20
BHPian

Hi!

Thanks to Team-BHPians, this ordeal is finally over. After writing to few senior Maruti Suzuki officials, I got a call from Maruti Suzuki's Regional Office in Jaipur and they told me that the needed parts will be replaced in 2-3 days. Thanks to Team-BHP!
Old 21st November 2012, 19:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head
Hi!

Thanks to Team-BHPians, this ordeal is finally over. After writing to few senior Maruti Suzuki officials, I got a call from Maruti Suzuki's Regional Office in Jaipur and they told me that the needed parts will be replaced in 2-3 days. Thanks to Team-BHP!
I told you a little persuasion and email to maruti will do the trick.
Congratulations !!
Could share the email ids here or with the mods ?
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 21:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I told you a little persuasion and email to maruti will do the trick.
Congratulations !!
Could share the email ids here or with the mods ?
contact@maruti.co.in; punit.chadha@maruti.co.in; ashish.chutani@maruti.co.in; skapoor@maruti.co.in; shashank.srivastava@maruti.co.in; mayank.pareek@maruti.co.in; rc.bhargava@maruti.co.in; s.nakanishi@maruti.co.in; mpareek@maruti.co.in; tsuneo.ohashi@maruti.co.in

These are all over Google. They also follow a specific pattern like all organizations. More can be found on google. A good practise is to also include the senior people of concerned local dealership/asc in these emails.

Last edited by iron.head : 21st November 2012 at 21:16.
iron.head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 18:46   #23
BHPian

Hi
Got a call from the dealership today and they told me that the door trims(all 4) will cost around 11-12k. After the guns were installed at the right place, the spots reduced a bit but they are still there.

They were ready to install new trims today itself(from another new car in the stockyard???) but I gave in to their request to cancel the replacement as the spots are not so visible now. I did not want wastage of 11-12k on this issue and let them free this time.

Though I am a little sad, but the spots are not too much and 11-12k looked like a big amount to me. Hope they give me better after sales service from now on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks