Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 14:33   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Woo hoo conspiracy theories. They seem to be the rage now-a-days. (Also its verified not varified). I'll try and answer most of the things you've mentioned here as someone who knows whats been happening first-hand. Cool?
Quote:
Disclaimer, I work for Vishal but we've been friends for long before I started working for him.
As i mentioned earlier as well wont you be biased in this case.

Quote:
You even know how to get in touch with me, howcome you never asked me what's going on?
Quote:
Although I will agree with the fact that you are analyzing whats been happening with a keen eye, your statements do come off as biased. Since you contacted AMW but never got in touch with me.
Now i did and your beating round the bush..regarding the angle of Super Angels and Mr.Gondals involvent in the mentoring of Technopurple. So doubts would still remain.

Quote:
Just to set the record straight, Vishal is a well known VC but does not hold any stake in the GPS tracker company.
The link provided by me states a possible indirect angle that cannot be ruled out.

Quote:
Unfortunately this is the only data Vishal has, and we've put it up for discussion and its certainly a possibility (I've explained above regarding the errors) but its highly unlikely.
As you say its put up for discussion..thats what the members of TBHP are trying to do..get the facts and put a closure to this.

Quote:
I still don't know if the car was bought new or used, but I still fail to see why this was brought up at all.
As i have mentioned before it was brought up as fellow members were under the wrong notion of it being worth 85 lakhs or 1 crore. i have also mentioned the value has nothing to do with the incident as if it has happened is wrong.

Quote:
Both the posts mentioned above contradict each other.
No they dont cause i asked as soon as i got to know a settlement was done and aleegations of parts being changed, i did ask. I do have a right to ask questions and post the information for everyone to be kept updated of the situation. If i did have access as per what you percieve my access with Audi to be, the Forum members would not be asking for the details of the settlement inorder to put a closure to this chapter..they would already be knowing it. I too am keen to know what kind of settlement was done in order to keep Mr.Gondal happy and satisfied.

Quote:
Lets discuss this sometime in person, as I cannot comment for vishal or even on this speculation. Because in all honestly all of this is quite far fetched, let me know if you're ever in Silvassa we should definitely catch up. Its been a while.
Since the thread is in the open and i have openly stated my analysis and speculations i think it only be fair to discuss in the open and not in person. I would definately catch up with you the next time i am in silvassa in general terms, its been over a year i guess since we last met in Bombay.

Quote:
I defended against the posts which seemed as personal attacks, the moderators of the forum agreed with me sentiment and deleted those posts.
It seems as though you found posts that did not support the story and questioned the authenticity as personal attacks.

Quote:
Although people just post thing here under a faceless forum nick they are talking about real people here. And I would urge people to take a moment to go through the entire incident and draw a sane conclusion. I think TechnoPurple replies so far have been very clear, concise and in-depth. But their silence now should speak for itself, and I respect them for not replying to speculation and outrageous theories.

Also read this article, its the most recent one I know of.

http://forbesindia.com/blog/business...ndal-1-audi-0/
I have written on the link provided under my actual name and yet there is no sane conclusion as there are alot of holes that need to be plugged.

TechnoPurple was quick in giving an explaination when they felt their integrity was questioned but then again they have chossen to keep mum when their indirect or direct link with Mr.Gondal has been brought to light. They are being mentored of sorts by Super Angels that has Mr.Gondal as a Venture Capitalist on board. Their silence is speaking for itself and not in a positive way.

Last edited by speedy : 1st December 2012 at 14:44.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 14:56   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker

It is in the best interest that the truth is let known at the earliest. Audi and Mr Gondal has to clear the air in between The truce enforced by deletion of certain posts have now been sidelined again as seen from some of today's posts in which the one to one is getting repeated.

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st December 2012 at 14:59.
Old 1st December 2012, 15:25   #198
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Interesting read, it has a hint of why Audi might have been forced to offer a replacement - "for nearly two hours the car was parked near Mumbai car scrap market in Kurla" If the customer asks Audi to confirm genuineness of each and every part in his Q7 as it is suspected to have visited a scrap yard, it might be easier for Audi to replace the car than to verify the genuineness of all the parts in the car.
Buddy, to even think that "Kurla" would have fake parts for a vehicle as rare as the Q7 is ridiculous. Even if you tried to, you wouldn't be able to find fake Q7 parts in Kurla. Maruti 800 spurious spares? Sure. Honda City? Sure.

Audi Q7? The probability is the same as finding a Lamborghini oil filter in Leh Ladakh.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 16:19   #199
BHPian

@ speedy,

Keep it cool, boss.

TechnoPurple got what they expected & Mr. Vishal is about to get what he wanted.

If ever AUDI gives a Q7 for free, there will be an agreement which insists on "silence"

TechnoPurple is already silent, so u might be getting the drift right?

Silence is golden indeed.
Old 1st December 2012, 16:19   #200
Senior - BHPian

There is nothing wrong in settling for a new car. Here is an incident that happened today. May be out of topic for a second, but you can get the gist of why i believe a replacement is the right deal.

Maruthi known for its service and sales sends a driver to pick up some customer car. The driver has no clue of driving and drops the car into a small ditch. The car is an alto and the left wheel is inside the ditch. I stopped and few of them asked me to drive and help with reversing as they lifted the car. The car was out of the ditch in a second. We were ready to move as the driver was trying to take reverse. Guess what he dropped the left wheel again and bang. This time helped take the car out and drop him in the highway on straight roads. The customer will have no clue of what happened, maruthi will deny any broken parts and this will become an unknown incident.

Back to our case. With such things being practiced by service centres, i dont see why a replacement is not a right answer for the Audi has no clue what the car has been through.

Secondly techno purple has nothing to explain here. The supporter who is part of BHP who provided supportive comments and defended both technopurple and the affected party would also be bold enough to state what finally happened. Not that we want to know what happened, more so for just making me believe that the attempt to defend a unknown, third party(To TBHP) has a closure in TBHP.

Else I will still believe whatever speedy said and it just makes sense more.

At this point, nothing personal but i am losing respect on Audi for settling rather than revealing how they would prvent such screw ups.

Last edited by VW2010 : 1st December 2012 at 16:21.
Old 1st December 2012, 17:00   #201
BHPian

I think if a customer uses social media, including this forum to gain publicity for a legal wrong which was done to him by a company, and then the company settles it with the customer with very strict non disclosure agreements, due to which the customer cannot reveal all to the forum; then whether the forum members demand answers or not, the customer cannot answer back details to the same social media which he used earlier.

If that is the case here, then it is fair on behalf of the customer to do so. If the participants of social media feel that they have been used, then it is the nature of the medium and something they cannot feel aggreived about, since the purpose of such interaction was that the customer's problems be solved, which they have been.

The only exception to this would have been if it was a case of virtual marketing of a product. I believe the statement of the gps company is sufficiently clear in that respect. Anyways it is very unlikely there will be ever be sufficient unbiased evidence on this.

All those saying replacement of car is way too much compensation for the offence, believe me it isn't. If the car was used for a crime in-between, the owner of the car will go through so much hassle that he will be willing to pay a few lakhs to just not be bothered. And such things may come to light much later.

And in any case, its not like the replacement is for free. Audi is getting an almost new fully functional car, and giving back a new car. Net net, Audi is only losing a couple of lakhs, and the customer has transferred the risk to Audi.

Just because there are other people who should be adequately compensated in their claims, doesn't mean that this customer doesn't need a replacement car.

Last edited by manolin : 1st December 2012 at 17:02.
Old 1st December 2012, 18:30   #202
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Since this case has now come to an end, time to close the thread as well. If anyone has an important update to share (especially the Q7 owner), please get in touch via the "Contact Us" form, or via Techno Purple. Without a concrete update, we're going nowhere.

Thread closed.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed