Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 10:14   #181
BHPian

Re: Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
To echo the statements of other BHPians, we DEMAND disclosure. It's the least owed to us for empathising with the Q7 owner.
Is this incident an eye opener for us? Affected people come to this forum (or through friends), rant, get other people to rant, get publicity, extract their pound of flesh and disappear, without updating what happened. The other two cases of Harish and Jetta are updated here by the concerned parties, this one is not updated. TBHP HAS BEEN USED. In future, we should be careful not to discuss and give publicity to such cases.
Old 1st December 2012, 10:48   #182
Team-BHP Support

Re: Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
TBHP HAS BEEN USED. In future, we should be careful not to discuss and give publicity to such cases.
I feel it’s not just team-bhp, but use of all popular channels – internet, social media etc.
I don’t think we gave unwanted publicity to the issue. Probably if the outcome was something different, you wouldn’t have felt that we got used (say just an apology from Audi, or just some freebies for the owner)

But this shows that in our society, Customer is the King only if s/he can afford to live king-size. If the said joyride was in a lesser car (say a Skoda or a VW), owned by a lesser person who is not much business/media-savvy, the outcome could have been entirely different.

Another interesting article on this matter:
http://forbesindia.com/blog/business...ndal-1-audi-0/
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 10:50   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Is this incident an eye opener for us? Affected people come to this forum (or through friends), rant, get other people to rant, get publicity, extract their pound of flesh and disappear, without updating what happened. The other two cases of Harish and Jetta are updated here by the concerned parties, this one is not updated. TBHP HAS BEEN USED. In future, we should be careful not to discuss and give publicity to such cases.
Exactly. Lesson learnt . Even i feel bad that team bhp has been used as a publicity platform to give the case the extra shot in the arm !I am sure the presence of the thread on TBHP would have made AUDI pull up their pants faster than just a newspaper. Because newspaper goes stale after a day but the thread would continue to have discussions and speculations and bad publicity towards Audi. I personally feel its moral obligation of the affected party to disclose the details of what transpired between him and Audi. Just telling that the matter has been solved to his satisfaction is not sufficient.

But how do we avoid such incidents in future. Mods , this is something to be pondered about. Our prestigious forum should not be a use and throw platform to air and solve the problems and later left high and dry without any satisfactory explanations.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 1st December 2012 at 10:51.
Old 1st December 2012, 10:56   #184
BHPian

GTO, I cannot appreciate you enough for seeking full disclosure. Especially after seemingly leveraging T-BHPians' sympathy

If the above "settlement" is true, I guess here's what would have happened:

Audi enters into an agreement with Mr Gondal, ( who is very respectable and appeared to be of high integrity as painted by one of his juniors here) to speak no more about this incident and will not belittle Audi and may in fact praise Audi and its dealership. The price for this "silence" could be what's mentioned above.

Audi happy that reputation damage is contained, Gondal happy that the series of incidents led to a new Audi.

Real losers: Customers trusting Audi to provide honest service and not aware of this incident.

Sad to say but not good news for car lovers.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:12   #185
Senior - BHPian

While social media is a powerful tool, It can also be abused just like any other means, and we should be wary about ourselves being used as unsuspecting pawns for social media 'experts' and veiled viral marketing pitches.
Intentional or not, the value of this sort of publicity for a firm in the GPS tracking industry (which is at a nascent, but still very competitive stage, and expecting a shakedown soon) cannot be discounted. The VC connection and the non disclosure (though expected) make this whole affair smell quite fishy

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st December 2012 at 11:19.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:19   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
[b]
Audi happy that reputation damage is contained, Gondal happy that the series of incidents led to a new Audi.

Real losers: Customers trusting Audi to provide honest service and not aware of this incident.

Sad to say but not good news for car lovers.

You bet !! For 2.5 years now my car has been going to them and iv never had reasons to complain (touchwood). But this thread now has so many strong , extreme remarks they are almost opinion swaying.
Usually id have taken it as a crapload of speculation and gone ahead with my regular service since theyv been good to me but in this case ,with so many permutations , i am actually a concerned customer with my car's year service due in the next 12 days !
Old 1st December 2012, 11:28   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Looks like the Q7 was not the only thing that was taken for a ride in this whole incident!

Agree 200% with you..

Quote:
A reliable birdie tells me that Gondal has been offered a brand new Q7 swap. This is either free of cost or at a significant (read = massive) discount. ..........To echo the statements of other BHPians, we DEMAND disclosure. It's the least owed to us for empathising with the Q7 owner.
Agree with you too. As BHPians, we naturally take up these issues by offering suggestions, discussing amongst ourselves and publicizing within our own limitations. The least we would expect is to have reliable information on closures. I like the way the banged Jetta and Harish's Skoda thread was being constantly updated by the affected parties.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 11:36   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Another interesting article on this matter:
Interesting read, it has a hint of why Audi might have been forced to offer a replacement - "for nearly two hours the car was parked near Mumbai car scrap market in Kurla"

Quote:
But a replacement???!! It's not like the Q7 was damaged or anything.
If the customer asks Audi to confirm genuineness of each and every part in his Q7 as it is suspected to have visited a scrap yard, it might be easier for Audi to replace the car than to verify the genuineness of all the parts in the car.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:40   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Why should you when we have (or don't we still have?) ample clarification otherwise. I do not think a big company like Audi will give in to mere media pressure without studying facts. In fact, your previous statement says so.
If you think otherwise, please let us too know of the reason for those. Don't leave us in oblivion with a mere speculation, please.
What the statement meant was Audi is a big company and would refrain for word battles on forums and in the press. They would amicably try to resolve the matter or then take things in the right channel that is a legal procedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilmadgavkar View Post
Vishal Gondal , know him since he belongs to the gaming world, and through a common friend too ,Audi will have to pay for the what they have done , I presume Audi has mentioned that their CCTV footage doesn't show anything.
Mr.Gondal has said so and not Audi. How are you so sure that Audi has done what is claimed ?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
That Audi/AMW is at fault is VERY clear from the fact that they chose to settle privatively. One does not need any other sort of proof. No mater what doubts you cast and however many permutations and combinations you draw between Mr. Gondal, Technopurple, Angels and Qora and what not - A joyride did happen. Without it there can be no publicity. Like they say - there can be no smoke without fire.
It could also mean Audi is being the better man and trying to keep its customer happy. Settlements between companies does not take place in the middle of the road or radio stations..they generally happen between closed doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Why is the fact that he got it brand new or second hand and the price at which he bought the car relevant here?
The reason the second hand purchase was brought up for the simple reason everyone thought it was a brand new car and the cost mentioned varied from 85 lakhs to 1 crore. It has no significance with the nature of the case otherwise.

Quote:
A reliable birdie tells me that Gondal has been offered a brand new Q7 swap. This is either free of cost or at a significant (read = massive) discount. If I'm wrong, please correct me TechnoPurple / Vishal. Happy to be corrected. To echo the statements of other BHPians, we DEMAND disclosure. It's the least owed to us for empathising with the Q7 owner.
As per Mr.Vishals facebook post he mentions he will keep everyone posted and Audi is working something out and he cannot disclose as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hey Speedy, nice to see that you're following this case with a keen eye, unfortunately I will have to disappoint you and fellow Team-Bhpians, I have nothing more to share then what has already been discussed, guess you'll have to pester your friends at AMW. I know you already mentioned that you enjoy a good relationship with them, and I'm quite sure you can find out easily details of this case since you've discussed these numerous times with them (as you mentioned on the thread.)
Please do not mix things..I have mentioned i share a Company - Customer relation with Audi having bought a few Audi's in the house. My relation with Audi is not as yours with Mr.Gondal..so dont confuse matters or mislead the people reading please. The only thing i discussed with the service center

Quote:
As far as the Quora posts are concerned, its a very interesting angle. But if you know Vishal then you know that he is not only part of the Gaming/ Entertainment/VC Scene in Mumbai he is also an active TED'ster and is also going to give a talk at a TEDx event in the future. My explanation would be that he is an extremely social and friendly person and meets a lot of people. And I am sure how he knows the TechnoPurple people (He might even have bought it because he met them because of VC connection/acquaintance, since techno-purple is more of a B2B than B2C company). But labelling this as a conspiracy does seem a bit far-fetched. Especially considering that he has a lot on his plate, and I don't understand really how a man of his stature would benefit from such a thing.
I dont think my question stated anything about achievements or what the future plan of Mr.Gondal is, It does not even ask if he is social or not( i guess as you stated his 13000 subscribers on Facebook and 22000+ twitter followers answers that)..but i guess the question was not understood..

What is the angle between Super Angels and Technopurple since Mr.Gondal is a VC of Super Angels and Super Angles is a sort of mentor to Technopurple? Its a simple question really.

Lets not get into how he can benefit from the whole thing, being people related to business, we know how it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
That sounds credible. I hear from some common friends that Mr. Gondal is quite the gizmo enthusiast and is always experimenting with new devices/gadgets. The VC-angel-mentor connection sounds tenuous at best and even if it isn't, should NOT take away from the fact that the car was probably taken for a joyride from the service station and Audi's dealer denied it initially.
A simple speculation and i would like to use TBHP itself as an example here. As Moderators, posts that are innappropriate are edited or deleted, on this same thread three pages were deleted by GTO. This goes to show the persons (Owner,Admin, Moderators) do have access to make a change, similarly Technopurple has this access for their product too. I am not acussing or making a personal remark against technopurple but all i am saying is the Super Angles angle needs to be clariffied in order to resolve this doubt or speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am afraid that isn't good enough. You were quick to the draw to blame the Audi Mumbai West people when this story broked and in fact continue to make veiled snide remarks about them. So, as GTO said, full disclosure is all that is expected...and acceptable.
I guess as per the facebook post of Mr.Gondal, Audi is working something out and he cannot disclose anything yet. So its a wait and watch situation.

Last edited by speedy : 1st December 2012 at 12:06.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:47   #190
Senior - BHPian

The media cannot expect full disclosure. Why? Because the media itself is one of the cause for which the thugs concur. So, I believe it is how the system works. And imagine if Harish's case comes to a closure tomorrow, I bet the thugs will sure demand hush up. It is no different.

So, I would like to think different here. I am at least happy that we could add value to a real need, and that too without any slightest partiality. Every fact was torn apart and checked thoroughly. I'm damn sure that if Vishal or TechnoPurple were bluffing, they would have been easily exposed by us.

It is another fact that those who were in need also made hay while the sun shined. And if they leveraged our forum for making any hay, the moderators would surely have brought them down.

So, no worries from me except that, as an example, Audi needed to punish the real culprit in public. Especially, manufacturers need to be more strict on their dealers than simply putting arm around their shoulders and take blame for the dealers mistakes. Most of the dealerships are acting like real thugs these days and it is high time the manufacturers come up strong on them.

Quote:
If the customer asks Audi to confirm genuineness of each and every part in his Q7 as it is suspected to have visited a scrap yard, it might be easier for Audi to replace the car than to verify the genuineness of all the parts in the car.
Hmm..this makes some sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I am not acussing or making a personal remark against technopurple but all i am saying is the Super Angles angle needs to be clariffied in order to resolve this doubt or speculation.
I would like to ask a counter question. I have stated this earlier, but you seemed to have missed it. Quoting below -

Quote:
So I am assuming that the joyride sure have happened and these guys decided to make a quick buck out of it rather than going the legal route? But aren't they entitled to it if the joyride had indeed happened. What if it was TechnoPurple's Q7?

Last edited by thoma : 1st December 2012 at 12:05.
Old 1st December 2012, 12:05   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
So, no worries from me except that, as an example, Audi needed to punish the real culprit in public. Especially. manufacturers need to be more strict on their dealers than simply putting arm around their shoulders and take blame for the dealers mistakes.
I am made to believe that the AMW people are fairly influential people themselves in their own right and I think it would be very very difficult (or maybe even impossible) for even Audi to take any action against them. Also it can not be discounted that an errant employee might be culprit here and not the whole organization. Surely you are not indicating to shut down AMW! What will happen to the employees there?

Its been an interesting closure to this incident. I think it is only fair that Mr. Gondal is being compensated with a new Car (if that is the settlement) as it looks like Audi is taking responsibility here and since the old car had visited all sorts of shady places (who knows, even criminal things might have been done etc) a brand new car is logical and correct compensation.

So its been a positive outcome for the following in some ways or another:
1. Vishal Gondal: Gains a new car, gains free publicity as well (not that he needed or demanded it but still it doesnt harm. I didnt know he existed before reading about this incident here!)
2. Technopurple: Has benefitted undoubtedly. Immense exposure that can help them get traction in market and grow. I didnt even know such a company existed in India! Only few months back I was discussing with my friend about conceiving a GPS/GPRS based anti-theft system for cars and if companies like Maruti/Hyundai would be interested in that as it can be a differentiator for their products. (I work for a company that makes GPS and 2G/3G/4G chips so have some knowledge about them).

And finally the losers:
1. AMW: Surely people would have some doubts about going there for some time. But I think long term it might not hurt them much. People will forget it was AMW's fault. Surely they should improve practices at their workplace to ensure this doesnt repeat.
2. Audi India: People eventually will forget it was a dealer's fault not theirs and will keep associating this incident with Audi, even though they did the right thing. Audi has gained unwarranted negative publicity through this incident and it might reflect in their future sales.

Isint it ironic the only party who did everything right - Audi India (for they jumped in pretty soon, engaged the upset customer and have managed to satisfy him by whatever means in no time) would be the biggest loser in all this!
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 12:27   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting read, it has a hint of why Audi might have been forced to offer a replacement - "for nearly two hours the car was parked near Mumbai car scrap market in Kurla"
Elsewhere it was mentioned as half an hour. Well we also are aware that since the tracker catches Phone towers are co ordinates if the closest one is at Kurla scrap market thats what it will show. If the geoghraphic route is known a person would be aware that if the car is brought via the Bandra Kurla Complex road you do cross the Kurla scrap market.

Quote:
As far as what i am aware off, Audi did offer to have the car and the parts varified under supervision and the offer was declined by Mr.Gondal. It does sound odd to me, but then again its reasons best known to him.

A fact that most luxury car owners would know is that a part no is required in order to purchase parts. If the part nombers dont match then it shows as a fault, this shows warnings on the dashboard of the car and you do require a server based unit (mercedes calls it the star) to find the fault and to rectify it. A simple plug in would show if the parts are fake or replaced.

@Thoma - I am not denying the fact that they can make a quick buck by settling out of court, they have every right too. I am contesting that proper varification should have been done before going and saying things on the social media or the press. The Technopurple device was checked way after it was in the press and the social media, Heck it was out even before he had a word with Audi itself. I dont know how others see it but i see it as twisting the arm tactic applied here.

Last edited by speedy : 1st December 2012 at 12:38.
Old 1st December 2012, 12:42   #193
BHPian

GTO rightly said-we deserve a full disclosure. Vishal, Technopuple & associates came to this forum with their own will. Now we have same right to take this discussion further.

If what GTO heard is true (replacement of a new Q7 for the second hand car Vishal owned), we can only guess that Audi has some thing serious to hide. That leaves every Audi owner wondering whether his car has ever visited the scrap yard & will have the same fear as Vishal expressed in his face book-If their Audi is fake? That too, we have Harish's case in front of us from the same group.

Where is Technopuple hiding-who was quick on this forum to clear that their relation between Vishal is only as a customer? Why they are silent after more serious allegations that Vishal is a VC in their mentoring firm?

All in all, we all are taken for a ride (unless Vishal, Audi & Technopurple come out and explain what really happened) Everybody makes mistakes & we can appreciate those who accept it and correct it rather than those who cover it under the carpet.
Old 1st December 2012, 12:50   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Speedy, nice to see that you're following this case with a keen eye, unfortunately I will have to disappoint you and fellow Team-Bhpians, I have nothing more to share then what has already been discussed, guess you'll have to pester your friends at AMW.

As long as Vishal is happy and he has mentioned that, I feel we should decipher it as a win, for us the consumer.
A very nicely put point but besides the fact that you have till date tried to defend Vishal Gondal's actions against @speedy and others who raised quite a few valid questions, and now you seem to be moving away from the entire incident. A win for Mr. Gondal - Yes. But us the consumer - No. Not till we get the complete picture.

Sorry to be utterly frank, kind of double standards I'd label this - while earlier you went all out at everyone (including me) who were raising questions at Mr. Gondal, but now when all is merry at his end, you want to down the noise.

As @noopster & @GTO correctly mentioned, a full disclosure is least of all that is expected. I'd go one step ahead - as someone who has almost been the spokesperson for Vishal Gondal so far on this thread, I'd expect you take up some responsibility for it now. And the moment you do that, I'll be the first one to thank you for that.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st December 2012 at 12:58.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 13:36   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reason the second hand purchase was brought up for the simple reason everyone thought it was a brand new car and the cost mentioned varied from 85 lakhs to 1 crore. It has no significance with the nature of the case otherwise.
I still don't know if the car was bought new or used, but I still fail to see why this was brought up at all.

Quote:
As per Mr.Vishals facebook post he mentions he will keep everyone posted and Audi is working something out and he cannot disclose as yet.
Nice that you mentioned it, http://www.facebook.com/vishal.gondal is his public profile and if you need to stay updated on this issue he usually posts all his updates there.

Quote:
Please do not mix things..I have mentioned i share a Company - Customer relation with Audi having bought a few Audi's in the house. My relation with Audi is not as yours with Mr.Gondal..so dont confuse matters or mislead the people reading please. The only thing i discussed with the service center
Quote:
As far as what i am aware off, Audi did offer to have the car and the parts varified under supervision and the offer was declined by Mr.Gondal. It does sound odd to me, but then again its reasons best known to him.
Both the posts mentioned above contradict each other.

Quote:
I dont think my question stated anything about achievements or what the future plan of Mr.Gondal is, It does not even ask if he is social or not( i guess as you stated his 13000 subscribers on Facebook and 22000+ twitter followers answers that)..but i guess the question was not understood..

What is the angle between Super Angels and Technopurple since Mr.Gondal is a VC of Super Angels and Super Angles is a sort of mentor to Technopurple? Its a simple question really.

Lets not get into how he can benefit from the whole thing, being people related to business, we know how it does.
This is like speculating how a man of your stature would gain by conning someone out of a meagre amount like Rs 15,000. I know it might sound far fetched but guess thats that. Lets discuss this sometime in person, as I cannot comment for vishal or even on this speculation. Because in all honestly all of this is quite far fetched, let me know if you're ever in Silvassa we should definitely catch up. Its been a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
A very nicely put point but besides the fact that you have till date tried to defend Vishal Gondal's actions against @speedy and others who raised quite a few valid questions, and now you seem to be moving away from the entire incident. A win for Mr. Gondal - Yes. But us the consumer - No. Not till we get the complete picture.

Sorry to be utterly frank, kind of double standards I'd label this - while earlier you went all out at everyone (including me) who were raising questions at Mr. Gondal, but now when all is merry at his end, you want to down the noise.

As @noopster & @GTO correctly mentioned, a full disclosure is least of all that is expected. I'd go one step ahead - as someone who has almost been the spokesperson for Vishal Gondal so far on this thread, I'd expect you take up some responsibility for it now. And the moment you do that, I'll be the first one to thank you for that.
I defended against the posts which seemed as personal attacks, the moderators of the forum agreed with me sentiment and deleted those posts.

I don't or can't control where the thread goes, I just merely stated that there is unfortunately no new information from my side to add. Whist replying to some outrageous conspiracy theories.

Although people just post thing here under a faceless forum nick they are talking about real people here. And I would urge people to take a moment to go through the entire incident and draw a sane conclusion. I think TechnoPurple replies so far have been very clear, concise and in-depth. But their silence now should speak for itself, and I respect them for not replying to speculation and outrageous theories.

Also read this article, its the most recent one I know of.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed