Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2012, 10:27   #1
BHPian

My experience with Khivraj Chevrolet, Chennai

I have had two experiences with Khivraj Chevrolet so far,both of them have been pretty good.The centre is located behind Hi-Style Perungudi,OMR.

1.I gave my 22.5k Cruze service at 21.7k kms.I called them up at 10:30 on a weekday morning and asked if I can give the car for service.I was attended to by a gentleman by name Suresh.

The Good
1.The SA was very courteous and prompt.Welcome change from KLN where everybody had a casual attitude.
2.The car was thoroughly cleaned both inside and out during time of delivery.
3.There is a marked improvement in both FE and performance after the service.God knows what KLN did when I gave the car there for service.
4.Was offered tea/coffee which I declined.
5.Bill amount was much lower than the estimate.

The Bad
1.I had loads of stuff to clean out of my car.Asked for a plastic cover.The SA said he will send somebody to get me one.20 minutes later,nobody had gone apparently.I let it slide and leave.
2.Took more than a day for general service and a few fixes.
3.Rattling noise which I had complained about had vanished,only to reappear two weeks later.
4.Pathetic approach roads to the service centre.
5.The SA promised to call regarding delivery time but never did.Had to follow up with him twice.
6.Long delay for bill generation and car delivery.

2.My car got hit the other day.I decided to get it fixed.The car was given at 10 30 am on friday.

The Good
1.Again,excellent courteous service from both the SA(Suresh) and the bodyshop incharge(Mahesh).I was actually attended to by the Manager first when I went in the morning.
2.Good coffee
3.Excellent workmanship.Paint matching was brilliant.I also had a long pending minor job which was also attended to.KLN did a shoddy job last time.
4.The car was spic and span both inside and out during delivery.
5.Bill estimate was ON TARGET.
6.In the evening while going to collect the car, we had to cross a stretch of road leading to service centre that was knee deep in water.I called up Mr.Mahesh and requested him to send a car over(We were just 25m away).He initially said they don't have a car.Then he asked us to wait and picked me and my friend up in his bike.I was very impressed.
7.I was initially asked to collect the car the next day.When I told them I live far,they promised to deliver the car by 6.And they did!!
8.I wanted to get my TBHP stickers removed.When I asked they said just removing them will peel off paint and that I had to go for a polish.Since it costed 4k there(full car,twice) I decided to forego.I was pleasantly surprised when I went in the evening and the stickers were gone.No polish ofcourse but the car looks the way it was before I stuck the stickers!!That area is a bit rough on touch though.I'm sure 3M detailing will take care of it.
9.No dealership stickers stuck this time.The first time I went,I had gone to inspect my car.I saw the stickers and muttered my displeasure to my friend who accompanied me.A SA heard that and promptly removed them.

The Bad
1..The incharge promised to call regarding delivery time but never did.Had to follow up with him.
2.40 minute delay for bill generation and car delivery.
3.Had asked for a drop to the main road in the morning.Had to wait 20 minutes.Dealership cars had gone out.Finally I was dropped in a customer's car.(With his permission and presence ofcourse.They were going that way)
4.Bad approach roads.
5.A separate minor touch up job I had requested was forgotten.Apparently the incharge was busy all day and delegated the job to somebody else.Genuine oversight.No issues.

Few observations
1.Many Sail-UVAs getting ready for delivery.
2.More number of cars for service this time when compared to last time.
3.Bad approach roads are expected to be rectified a bit by January.
4.The service centre opens officially by Jan 2013 only.No cards accepted until then.

Last edited by KINI : 9th December 2012 at 10:30.
KINI is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 15:13   #2
BHPian

Re: My experience with Khivraj Chevrolet, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I have had two experiences with Khivraj Chevrolet so far,both of them have been pretty good.The centre is located behind Hi-Style Perungudi,OMR.
Hey Kini,

I live in OMR and searched for the service station that you mentioned here, but was able to find only Khivraj maruti there

Have you visited this place anytime recently? It would be good if you have their contact number.

I have to leave my Beat for service, if its not OMR, I have to go all the way to Ambattur to KLN or Sundaram Motors.

Regards,
Rajan
Old 11th September 2013, 16:11   #3
BHPian

Re: My experience with Khivraj Chevrolet, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey Kini,

I live in OMR and searched for the service station that you mentioned here, but was able to find only Khivraj maruti there

Have you visited this place anytime recently? It would be good if you have their contact number.

I have to leave my Beat for service, if its not OMR, I have to go all the way to Ambattur to KLN or Sundaram Motors.

Regards,
Rajan
The Chevrolet service centre has been closed. Last time I checked, they told me it was being converted into a Renault service centre. I suggest you give your car at KLN Ambattur /Ashok Nagar. I have had good experiences with KLN Ambattur.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks