Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 13:52   #16
BHPian

Even I thought so, that all dealers dont sell/service fiats.

All right, so Giri at RF it is. Will call him up and get the details.

Thanks Steer once again. Hope to meet up all these wonderful people some time.
Old 5th May 2006, 15:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
RF Motors in Cochin, the Tata Motors dealer, now services Fiat cars. If you want quality service go to RF and ask to meet Mr. Giridhara Prasad, the service manager. Tell hm you're a TBHP member or a friend of the owner of Dicor 9800 and you'll get good service.

Giridhar is one of the most technically competent service managers I have come across.

You can call RF Motors helpline at 98469 98469.
I haven't met anyone of team-bhp yet, but i know Steeroid is one of the prominent one in kerala......i have completed my B.Tech Mechanical Engineering from College of Engineering, Trivandrum in June 05.....i'm not at all interested in I.T , but very much interested in Technical (Mechanical), especially Automobile......i could easily get into R.F Motors, but then i thought, there's a limit to where you can go in a dealership.....so my dream of getting into an Automobile company in their plant, remains the same! OR SHOULD I GO FOR IT??? R.F Motor's owner (Mr.Farooq) is my uncle's brother-in-law......and is very close......i went to the inauguration ceremony and it was fantastic......especially the background music from "BOSE" - AZADI......the dealership is ISO 9001:2000 certified by TUV......i had looked around the service center, its great, have all the facilities including dent pull-out machine, paint booth, etc.....Mr.Rajeev Dubhe, The Vice President, Tata Motors - Passenger Car Division was also there....If anyone can help me with my dream, i would be indebted for life.

Last edited by arif_t01 : 5th May 2006 at 15:59.
Old 5th May 2006, 22:44   #18
BHPian

when compared to the service that u get in kottayam, i would always suggest ekm. I used to take my bolero to TVS Ekm to get it serviced and they used to do a gud job, but am not sure abt FIAT cars though the servicing bays are next to each other !!
Old 8th May 2006, 06:33   #19
BHPian

Thanks Karthik for the workshop info. I will take my car for all minor works.

Steeroid thanks for the info on RF motors. I have an appointment fixed on the 15th. Giri has promised to give the car back in 6 hours, if there is no big issues. He was very helpful, infact taught my wife, a few things about the car, which she never learned from me.. Will post a detailed review of the quality opf the service. Thanks once again.
Old 26th July 2007, 09:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Steeroid thanks for the info on RF motors. I have an appointment fixed on the 15th. Giri has promised to give the car back in 6 hours, if there is no big issues. He was very helpful, infact taught my wife, a few things about the car, which she never learned from me.. Will post a detailed review of the quality opf the service. Thanks once again.
Got my Palio D serviced at RF motors Cochin. Giridhara Prasad has left RF and now their service is not at all great. I had major issues after the service. I had one of my airfilter clips not fastened, had white paint on the bonnet of my balck car, and they dont seem to have done any of the works I had asked them to.

So me back to sqaure one, I need a good place to get my vehicle serviced/repaired. Guys, please help.

My glow plug bulb remains glowing after starting the car. Yesterday the car stalled with thick white smoke coming from the exhaust. Turned it off and turned in on again and the problem seem to have gone. I have issues with my alloy nuts, mentioned else where in this forum...

So, basically need a goodplace to take my car and get it back in shape. No warranties for me, so any good workshop wud do. Does TVS still service Fiats? Any good workshop in Trivandrum or Ernakulam is ok with me. help!!!
Old 26th July 2007, 16:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Basil. Sorry i missed this thread earlier. NExt time you can come to tvm for the service. I know some people at the Tvm TATA service centre. Could help you. Just PM me whenever you need. Sorry for missing this earlier.
Old 26th July 2007, 17:29   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Basil. Sorry i missed this thread earlier. NExt time you can come to tvm for the service. I know some people at the Tvm TATA service centre. Could help you. Just PM me whenever you need. Sorry for missing this earlier.
The thread may be old.

But he has asked for help regarding service today only. Why not help him out now if you know the service guys?
Old 27th July 2007, 08:38   #23
BHPian

How much for 2001 Palio 1.2ELX power steering service

I think its time to overhaul power steering in my Palio. Any idea how much it would cost (parts + labour)? Also which service centre will be the best bet? RF@Cochin or Kulathunkal@Tvm?

Symptoms: Off late, steering is pretty hard at times, on turning extreme left & right have a grinding feeling, feel a slight vibration on steering wheel while cruising above 50kmph on straight level road.
Old 29th July 2007, 12:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Giridhara Prasad has left RF
No, he had left some time back and now rejoined again. I think you should approach him promptly and i'm sure he'll be your best bet! No harm in trying, right?
Old 30th July 2007, 12:31   #25
BHPian

Ohh..thats great news Arif...willtry calling him today and see if he is still there..

I badly need a service centre as I had a small accident today morning and the front bumper needs some work done..:(
Old 1st August 2007, 06:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked View Post
I think its time to overhaul power steering in my Palio. Any idea how much it would cost (parts + labour)? Also which service centre will be the best bet? RF@Cochin or Kulathunkal@Tvm?

Symptoms: Off late, steering is pretty hard at times, on turning extreme left & right have a grinding feeling, feel a slight vibration on steering wheel while cruising above 50kmph on straight level road.
I have given my Palio D for some repairs and a paint job to TVS Trivandrum...they have always delivered great quality work for me...the only reason I didnt want to go there is coz of their working hors and customer friendliness...
try ur luck there before you go anywhere else..as they know the car inside out..RF and Kulathunkal are all doing Fiat works only because TATAs decided to pull Fiat along, and not because they know the job...so be careful when taking ur Fiat for any major works at TATAs.
Old 1st August 2007, 08:59   #27
BHPian

Thank you

Quote:
I have given my Palio D for some repairs and a paint job to TVS Trivandrum...they have always delivered great quality work for me...the only reason I didnt want to go there is because of their working hors and customer friendliness...
try your luck there before you go anywhere else..as they know the car inside out..RF and Kulathunkal are all doing Fiat works only because TATAs decided to pull Fiat along, and not because they know the job...so be careful when taking your Fiat for any major works at TATAs.

Thanks anyways..but I have already given mine to RF Cochin. Keeping fingers crossed. FIAT service engineer there is one Mr Anu Thomas. Any feed back about him? The estimate if power steering assembly needs to be replaced is 20K INR.
Old 1st August 2007, 13:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked View Post
Thanks anyways..but I have already given mine to RF Cochin. Keeping fingers crossed. FIAT service engineer there is one Mr Anu Thomas. Any feed back about him? The estimate if power steering assembly needs to be replaced is 20K INR.
I have nothing good to tell about Anu...A nice guy he is, but, his wroksmen would betray him...I had a very bad experience last time. My vehicle had got white paint spots, when technopark buildings were getting painted. Had given it to RF for the paint removal and regular service at 52K or so...
The car was delivered home, which TVS wouldnt do, but in a very bad shape. There was a blotch of white paint on the bonnet....not every spot was removed and when I opened my bonnet, two of the airfilter clips were undone...I promptly took it back, gave him a piece ofmy ind and got everything corrected...
The car has been having nagging issues ever since and finally I have given it to TVS trivandum. Atleast I am ensured a neat job at TVS...
Old 1st August 2007, 14:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

never knew that TVS triv did a good job with FIAT. Have never tried. We used to give our Uno at ekm TVS. Was not that happy with their job. IS there anybody to contact at TVS tvm. SOmebody who could be of help.
Old 1st August 2007, 17:37   #30
BHPian

Update

RF guys says there is no need to replace power steering assembly. They say just an overhaul is required now. The belt may need to be changed & the estimate is 3.5K now.

Most Viewed