Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 12:44   #1
BHPian

Unprofessional Attitude - Marikar Engineers Cochin

I wanted to BUY a Vespa LX 125, but I did not do so because of the unprofessional and callous attitude of Marikar Engineers, Cochin. I was at the showroom by 10.30 and was attended to at 10.55! The only message I got was- “Sir please wait, sir please wait – I am taking a booking”.

At 11 AM, the salesman explained me the product – He informed me the paint is ED coated. When I asked what ED is he was clueless. "Sir there is some full form - but I don't know that." He was telling about a spark advancement, but unaware of how it helps or how it works!

There was some employees making loud sounds and sub standard talks in the showroom. A lady was telling on the face to a customer who required a loan that she will not give any discounts as the purcahse is going with a on loan!
"The offer is only till dec 31. You wont be able to get a loan in that time(as if she is the bank manager!). I cant give you any offer!"
You should have seen the face of that 65+ gentleman and the 18 year old daughter who came with him! Even I felt terrible!

The last straw was when I saw the price break up – There was a Logistics and facilitation charge?

When I asked what it is I was informed that it is a charge that is needed to transport the vehicle from the Plant to Showroom!

The charge is 1.5%(Rs. 1000/-) of the ex showroom price of the vehicle! He informed me that they will not do registration for me as I am staying in a place that is 15 kms away from the showroom. I bought a car for 8 lakhs and the extra charge was just 2000 rupee for the registration!

When I asked about the teflon coating the sales man was not sure of the brand of the coating/who does it!

Frankly all this was not a premium experience for me at the vespa showroom.Sub par, arrogant sales people! I am paying 15K extra to face their attitude?

Just a clarification on the logistic charges – Normally who bears the logistics charge? Is it not part of ex-showroom price?

Also shooted a mail to Vespa india asking for clarification.

Last edited by Sedate : 24th December 2012 at 12:56.
Sedate is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 13:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unprofessional Attitude - Marikar Engineers Cochin

I thought Marikar Motors have improved a lot in the present era from those yesteryears of license raj regime, when they were dealing with Ambassador cars and Enfield motor cycles.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 13:27   #3
ike
BHPian

Marikar in thrissur also take Rs 1000 as handling charge on the vespa. I think they bring vespas to thrisssur from their cochin showroom. Their attitude is just the same. The same space doubles up as the outlet for Royal Enfield, HM& Mitsubishi, Skoda & now Vespa. In addition to this, they were selling canon copiers & printers from the same place but I'm not sure if they still do that. They also service all the above mentioned brands in their basement. they act as if they give stuff to you for free and they are doing a huge favour to you by selling you something.

Last edited by ike : 24th December 2012 at 13:44.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 14:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post

Just a clarification on the logistic charges – Normally who bears the logistics charge? Is it not part of ex-showroom price?

Also shooted a mail to Vespa india asking for clarification
All dealers levy these handling/logistics charges at will. Though ideally they should not. Since all of them (across manufacturers) are in sync, it's often very difficult to get these waived off.

A detailed on-going discussion here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rges-scam.html

I hope you also mailed Vespa & the dealer, a link to this thread so they know about the free publicity they are getting.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 16:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
All dealers levy these handling/logistics charges at will. Though ideally they should not. Since all of them (across manufacturers) are in sync, it's often very difficult to get these waived off.

A detailed on-going discussion here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rges-scam.html

I hope you also mailed Vespa & the dealer, a link to this thread so they know about the free publicity they are getting.
I can accept this 1.5% of vehicle cost if they provide me any service for that! Not even the service of registering it at an RTO office inside the district.
So much for a premium product! If they were willing to register it for me, may be I could have paid - I should take a person his 2 hours (half hour commute+1 hour in RTO office+normal chai time) to get this done.

Will you register at base RTO - NO!
Will you deliver to home/office after temporary registration - NO!

I don't see any premium transportation - Just ordinary trucks, people pulling it out - scrapping the under body with truck floor and carrying it with bare hands. Some holding the "steering"(what do you call that scooter part - Sorry!?) and some holding it on the floor board, some on the exhaust!

I was in a hurry to reach home to celebrate Christmas and went to showroom with full amount. They must have thought I will definitely buy! So why bother serve this moron who came not to book, but to buy the product outright on full payment! - Just like buying vegetable in market! And they acted like those vegetable vendors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I called up the vespa call center to register a complaint! The lady there told me - "Sir, we dont take complaints over phone! You may note our email address!"

I was like

Any ways mailed Piaggio. Lets see if they respond! Will surely send a second mail with this thread address. I never knew that there was a supreme court directive/thread on Team-Bhp on this.

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th December 2012 at 07:43. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 24th December 2012, 16:43   #6
BHPian

Now this is a crying shame. I was very impressed with the Vespa, and was planning to get one for myself sometime soon.

I do hope that the head honchos at the Piaggio offices take note of the complaints.
Old 24th December 2012, 16:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Now this is a crying shame. I was very impressed with the Vespa, and was planning to get one for myself sometime soon.

I do hope that the head honchos at the Piaggio offices take note of the complaints.
Yes - the product styling impressed me. The price was ok as they had some 5K cuts. Engine and suspension vice I am not too sure!

Also the paint quality on some parts looked poor - Look at the joining point of two panels on top of headlight(just above the instrument console) - I noticed white colour(base white plastic?) along the joints on a red vehicle -had too much time lazing around the showroom with no sales man disturbing me!
Could be one off case also - didnt check others.
Old 24th December 2012, 17:02   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Yes - the product styling impressed me. The price was ok as they had some 5K cuts. Engine and suspension vice I am not too sure!

Also the paint quality on some parts looked poor - Look at the joining point of two panels on top of headlight(just above the instrument console) - I noticed white colour(base white plastic?) along the joints on a red vehicle -had too much time lazing around the showroom with no sales man disturbing me!
Could be one off case also - didnt check others.
Well, I only had a brief test ride, and I found that the handling was ok, while the brakes were not. Yhis is one scoot which really needs a front disc.

Didn't really notice the paint quality, it seemed ok, the one I rode was the white one.

The engine while more powerful than the 110cc Hondas, still was no match for the Access. That still is the most powerful scoot in this segment.

Do keep us updated on wether there is any change in the showroom staff's hateful attitude!!
Old 26th December 2012, 22:15   #9
BHPian

Got the following rely from Vespa

Quote:
Dear Mr. ,

Greetings for the day!

We would like to inform that we have forwarded your concern to the relevant team with the complaint no. Vespa0881

We shall revert at the earliest with the resolution of your complaint.

We appreciate your patience and co-operation in this interim.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,
Team Vespa India
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:17   #10
BHPian

Till date no reply from Vespa.

Dropping the plan of buying the lx 125 as the only premium seems to be the price - not the customer service/dealership/product!

Going in for a not so premium Suzuki! Low price but low expectations too.
Sedate is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:55   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

It's the attitude problem. When I bought my Swift, they took my car for registration. FYI, I took my car from Kottayam. They took the temp reg from there, drove to Cochin and registered my car without any problem. If they can do it, why cant Marikar do it if you are staying just 15kms away. This clearly shows that they are least interested.

They spoiled Skoda's reputation and now Vespa. Luckily, Skoda's got another dealer.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Dropping the plan of buying the lx 125 as the only premium seems to be the price - not the customer service/dealership/product!

Going in for a not so premium ones! Low price but low expectations too.

Received another mail from vespa after mailing them that I have not received any response.

Quote:
Dear Mr. "Sedate",

Thank you for writing to us.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We have re-forwarded your below mail to our relevant team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Team Vespa India.

Last edited by Sedate : 3rd January 2013 at 11:56.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:22   #13
BHPian

The Vespa/Skoda sales team is managed by erstwhile Amby management. So you must feel lucky that someone actually spoke to you.
Old 10th January 2016, 13:56   #14
BHPian

Quote:

Going in for a not so premium Suzuki! Low price but low expectations too.
You were lucky enough. I too was inclined on buying a Suzuki Access, But my better half did not like the Access. She fell in love with the Vespa on first sight, so we got the VX125 and now I do an adventure ride to Trichur(Its a 110Kms one way from where I stay) to get it serviced or for parts. I had not come across this thread earlier. If I had, I would have never gone for the Vespa.

The Trichur dealer Avaran Associates(the new dealer for Trichur after Marikar shut all their shops for Vespa in Kerala) also played a billing scam on me by charging additional on everything that's included in the paid service schedule and charge. I asked for clarifications then and there and tried to talk sense but they were arrogant and left me with no choice but to pay the excess. Came back home, shot a mail to Vespa India and was all set to take the dealer and Vespa to task. Also posted the whole story as comments on Vespa's FB page. The comment got noticed by many and people replied asking whether its wise to go for a Vespa anymore. The next morning, Vespa India calls me on the phone followed by the works manager of the dealer. They listened to everything I said, agreed that it was a mistake and wrong, then refunded and transferred the amount taken in excess to my bank account.

I still have and love the Vespa, Its a dream to ride and is the best built scooter in the country. Only grouse and nightmare is when its time for service or I'm in need of a service part. One has to Google for an hour or two just to find out whether the dealer is still there or has shut shop.

Last edited by jalex77 : 10th January 2016 at 13:58. Reason: addition
jalex77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 18:08   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex77 View Post
........ I do an adventure ride to Trichur(Its a 110Kms one way from where I stay) to get it serviced or for parts....
I was pissed of by the attitude of dealership! We pay price premium for premium service and offering.

One way it is a boon that Marikar shut shop - Hopefully some sane soul will open a service location somewhere near soon. By the way, I stopped servicing my suzuki! What ever I need to do I do it on my own now. The service centers are too crowded that they just do a namesake service. Also I have to spend almost a good part of a non working day to get it there and get it back.

At least with Vespa you are getting good attention and good service. 100 kms and one day at service center is too much to justify for that.

Most Viewed