Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Courteous Honda service after a nasty fuel mix-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Could you please elaborate why it would be more risky if it had been the latter case?
The most simple reason is that when you compress petrol to the levels that diesels get compressed in a diesel engine the petrol detonates extremely violently and most often the result of this detonation is bye-bye engine. Also the components of a diesel pumping system rely on diesel for lubrication, where as petrol is a solvent and does not lubricate at all. So you are also looking at major problems with fuel pump and common rail units.

Last edited by vikram_d : 2nd January 2013 at 19:00.
vikram_d is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 19:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The most simple reason is that when you compress petrol to the levels that diesels get compressed in a diesel engine the petrol detonates extremely violently and most often the result of this detonation is bye-bye engine. Also the components of a diesel pumping system rely on diesel for lubrication, where as petrol is a solvent and does not lubricate at all. So you are also looking at major problems with fuel pump and common rail units.
Especially true for modern diesels since they deploy a turbo charger before the literally exploding the compressed diesel in subsequent stages

Last edited by B103 : 2nd January 2013 at 19:18.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:34   #33
BHPian

Hi Mates,

I had to call Honda road side assistance twice.

Once I was on the way to a remote resort in Kerala,when I met with an minor accident. They came to the resort in an hour's time and sorted out my problem-to the curious eyes of the guests and staff.

On the second occasion,my wife got stranded because the battery failed. The team arrived in 30 minutes and jump started the car for her.

I am thoroughly pleased with Honda service-they keep the promises.Except the slight delay in delivering the car after servicing, I have no complaints.

Last edited by charthom : 4th January 2013 at 09:38.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post

When the first call was made at 8:30 in the evening, they even asked him if he and family had eaten dinner and whether they need to carry food with them.

That kind of service is only available on a paid basis to Limo owners and company execs in Manhattan! Seeing Honda asking if you've had your meal or should they carry it for you, in India, now that is top-notch! The best part is they got the problem sorted out. So it wasn't just pep talk. Kudos to the Japs
Old 27th June 2013, 15:41   #35

Hi!

Does anyone know of a good/reliable private garage in the worli or andheri area of mumbai where I can get my Honda Crv serviced

Rgds
Old 27th June 2013, 22:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
That kind of service is only available on a paid basis to Limo owners and company execs in Manhattan! Seeing Honda asking if you've had your meal or should they carry it for you, in India, now that is top-notch! The best part is they got the problem sorted out. So it wasn't just pep talk. Kudos to the Japs
I will vouch that Erode Honda dealer - Sundaram Honda is actually good. Yeah, for some people it may sound oxymoronic (Sundaram Honda and Good Service). Though I have not interacted with Sundaram Honda in other parts of TN, I interacted with Erode guys.

Let me recap the experience I had. When BRIO was launched, I was very curious in TD'ing it. So I registered for the TD @ Erode through Honda website, and promptly I was called by the manager from Erode Sundaram Honda. After hearing my TD request, he asked my preferred date and time and noted it.

On that particular day, I was at Erode home, and a brand new BRIO came to my house at the right time. The SE was very good to deal with. After TD, I rejected BRIO for several reasons. I told him that I may not be booking a Honda Brio. Before saying bye, out of curiosity, I asked him that If I visit their dealership later that day, can I test drive JAZZ? He said, "no need to come Sir. I will bring it now."

And true to his word, he brought the JAZZ in the next 1 hour. Both JAZZ and the SE impressed me like anything. Pity that JAZZ had only a petrol motor. Otherwise I'd have made a spot booking.

So concluding, I'd say the team at SUNDARAM HONDA ERODE, it pretty good , unlike the infamous Chennai team which I heard scoring many negative reviews in those days.
Old 10th September 2014, 13:15   #37
BHPian

My Honda RSA is expiring and i went to the dealer today to renew it, i have learnt that Honda has now outsourced it to two companies, mentioned below.
My car is 4 years old and Allianz is providing only for 3 more years and whereas India Assistance is providing for 5 years. Can you please advice me which provider do i choose? Anybody has any experience with any of the two? Feedback will be appreciated.
Old 10th September 2014, 14:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea on the two mentioned by you. My vehicles are insured from Royal Sundaram and the policy comes with a built in RSA package from "My TVS"

http://www.mytvs.in

I have availed of their services a couple of times within Dilli and the experiences were positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
My Honda RSA is expiring and i went to the dealer today to renew it, i have learnt that Honda has now outsourced it to two companies, mentioned below.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 14:24   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I have no idea on the two mentioned by you. My vehicles are insured from Royal Sundaram and the policy comes with a built in RSA package from "My TVS"

http://www.mytvs.in

I have availed of their services a couple of times within Dilli and the experiences were positive.
Thank you for providing the alternative. BTW - I have done my own research and found out Allianz Assistance is better than India Assistance. I tried reaching both the numbers and Allianz Assistance picked up the call within 5 rings and India Assistance is yet to pick up my call, i'm trying to call them from past 30 mins on the number provided on Honda website. Big thumbs down for India Assistance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks