Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2013, 15:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Price applicable at the time of delivery? Or booking?

I got fed up with Renault, took a loan for the difference and bought the XUV500 w8. Boy, what a difference. Yeah, there may be niggles but the quality and interiors are a whole world better, not to mention not having to put up with the Renault attitude problem is reason enough to buy a Mahindra.
Old 29th April 2013, 16:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Price applicable at the time of delivery? Or booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikikiki View Post
Ok guys update time.

I finally got the delivery of the Duster on the evening of the 29th of January. I had to pay something like Rs.3600 as some charges.

All this happened due to the intervention of a certain senior guy in Renault who happened to be a friend's friend. Everything went smoothly from the time I sent across my tale to him and the matter was resolved in a day. Of course the dealer as usual took his own sweet slow time and taking the actual delivery was another ordeal but anyways forget it now.
Congratulations for a happy ending to your painful story.
However, I am really appalled that ultimately results were achieved solely by pulling strings. What happens if a person doesn't have such connections?
Old 16th November 2014, 21:36   #33
BHPian

Hyundai Motors India (HMIL) ambiguous booking form terms and conditions

Hi,

I have booked a Hyundai Elite i20 on 12th October 2014. On the booking form, dealer has mentioned the expected date of delivery as "6 to 8 weeks". That would be somewhere around mid december.

Few days back I received an SMS from dealer that the price has been increased by 10,000 INR and the price at the time of delivery would be effective.

I talked to customer care at HMIL where the executive also confirmed the price rise as well that invoicing will be done at the price effective at the time of delivery.

My questions is, the clause 21 of the order booking form clearly states that:

"21. In case of deliveries are made after the expiry of quotation validity period, invoicing would be done basis on effective price of the car on delivery date."

Price applicable at the time of delivery? Or booking?-termsexcerpt.jpg

From the above clause it seems that if the vehicle is delivered within quoted delivery date then the price is safe from any escalation.

The executive at call centre was oblivion to this clause and was repeating the same tune of "invoicing at the effective price at the time of delivery". When I tried to reason him, he asked me to send an email to crsales@hmil.com.
The crsales guys in all their wisdom passed on the query to the dealer who promptly called me and repeated the same, "invoicing at the effective price at the time of delivery".

I wonder why such vague clause is there in the booking form if they want to charge the price effective at the time of delivery? or is it that I could not make sense of that condition?

Please let me know what you think?

Price applicable at the time of delivery? Or booking?-termshighlighted.jpg

Last edited by ashesh : 16th November 2014 at 21:37.
Old 16th November 2014, 22:00   #34
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Motors India (HMIL) ambiguous booking form terms and conditions

Ok. As far as I know:

Suppose a company decides to increase its car's price on 1st Dec, then:

If your car has landed before 1st Dec and you pay the balance amount or substantial amount such that your car is invoiced/billed before 1st Dec, then you are exempted from the price hike.

But if your car arrives after 1st Dec or if your car has arrived before 1st Dec but you pay that balance/substantial amount such that the car can only be invoiced on or after 1st Dec, then you have to pay the increased amount.

Amount that you pay for the car is NOT based on date that is quoted/estimated to you. i.e. if it's told to you that the car will be available to you after 2-3 weeks which is past 1st Dec, then too you have to pay the increased amount.

Hope that helps.
Cheers!
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 22:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

If the dealer gave you a quotation for the price of the car, the quotation will carry an expiry date or period. Usually a quotation would be valid for a couple of weeks, or at most a month.

If you booked the car and it was delivered before the quotation expired, the quotation price stands. If the delivery was made after the expiry of the quotation you need to pay the price prevailing at the time of delivery.

I think there is nothing malafide or wrong with what your dealer has told you.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 22:48   #36
BHPian

Thanks Ravsam, honeybee for the replies.

I got confused about "quotation". I guess they are talking about the price, while I took it for the time they have quoted for the delivery.
Old 17th November 2014, 00:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

You are welcome, mate. Remember, not all dealers and companies are out to fleece you. Don't be unreasonably alarmed. Prices are being hiked by almost all manufacturers this time, and what you have faced is the general practice.

Enjoy your new car and do post the experience of it.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 01:42   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesh View Post
Please let me know what you think?
Which dealer is this in Gurgaon?

When we bought an i20 same time last year from one of the dealers in Sector 50 (I forget the name now), delivery was expected in about a month's time. The sales guy informed us that Hyundai typically evaluates prices every fortnight and more often than not, those do change.

He clearly mentioned that we would have to pay the difference, if any.
Old 17th November 2014, 09:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

If its 6-8 weeks you should be happy. Hyundai has great discounts during December to clear end of year stocks. So you should get a cheaper price then the present quotation. However, make sure sure you take delivery before January. Else you have to take a 2014 car in 2015, it will be mentioned in the smart card and also pay a higher price.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Which dealer is this in Gurgaon?

When we bought an i20 same time last year from one of the dealers in Sector 50 (I forget the name now), delivery was expected in about a month's time. The sales guy informed us that Hyundai typically evaluates prices every fortnight and more often than not, those do change.

He clearly mentioned that we would have to pay the difference, if any.
libranof1987, this is Safdarjung Hyundai; so far I have got very good service. They were clear about the invoicing at effective price at the time of delivery, it's this condition in the booking form which got me confused.

The Safdarjung customer executive called the next day to explain me, when I was not satisfied with her reply she got her sales head call me back who also patiently explained me. Unfortunately no one told me that the "quotation" stands there for the price (if quoted any) and not the estimated period for delivery. This is the reason I posted my query here so that I can be sure before escalating this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
If its 6-8 weeks you should be happy. Hyundai has great discounts during December to clear end of year stocks. So you should get a cheaper price then the present quotation. However, make sure sure you take delivery before January. Else you have to take a 2014 car in 2015, it will be mentioned in the smart card and also pay a higher price.
Altocumulus thanks for your advice. but no christmas gift for me mate. Even talking about any discount on Elite i20 is profanity right now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks