Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 17:33   #16
BHPian

re: VW Metropolitan Saket (Delhi) gave us a problematic Vento. TWICE! Update - Resolved !

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post

Looking forward to your help and guidance. Thanks.
Woof, any update on this matter? What was the final resolution ?
Old 11th May 2015, 20:41   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: VW Metropolitan Saket (Delhi) gave us a problematic Vento. TWICE! Update - Resolved !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Our Ford dealer had replaced Fiesta. So, it is possible!
Not legally. A car once registered is NOT supposed to be sold fresh to someone else. It becomes a pre-owned car. The only way out is to bribe the RTO & get it done.
Old 13th May 2015, 21:24   #18
BHPian

In light of absolutely no reaction, follow up responses and update after the first post, i am inclined to treat this 'complaint' as bogus. God knows there have been more than one on this forum.

MODS- Aren't there any checks for something like this.
Old 13th May 2015, 23:02   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from from developing a sensitive nose, there is nothing that moderators can do. Very very tough to get the balance right. Turning up the suspicion levels means that more genuine complaints would get taken down, which in its turn would make a heap more work for mod team handling the flac from that.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 01:10   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
In light of absolutely no reaction, follow up responses and update after the first post, i am inclined to treat this 'complaint' as bogus. God knows there have been more than one on this forum.

Possibly not bogus but just a means to get attention. I guess most auto brands are now aware of the reach of TBHP and people use this forum for varying levels of issues; right from basic bad service to non-availability of parts to actual serious issues with the vehicle. And why not - for every "problem" thread started out here the situation is more or less as follows
  • OP starts a thread. Gives (varying levels of) information about the experience and issue at hand. Cribs a lot of how he is never going to believe in <insert brand> ever again
  • A lot of bhpians jump on the bandwagon just to post one-liners about how one should never trust <insert brand>
  • A few enterprising bhpians would dig into past threads related to <insert brand> and post them irrespective of whether the same dealer is in discussion or the same problem is being discussed
  • A few reasonable bhpians would actually question the issue at hand and wonder out aloud if the OP has tried option X, option Y or option Z
  • A few would immediately jump in with one-liner suggestions of why doesn't the OP just raise the issue in consumer court? (as if handling the consumer court is like buying groceries from the neighbourhood shop)
  • A mod or a level headed senior bhpian would then pose important questions, give useful advice on the issue at hand or even question the OP's mistake(s) that led to the problem
  • By then the OP disappears - his job is done. He's got sufficient eyeballs on the forum and a means (read:thread) to argue with the <insert brand> dealer/customer service team. Also by then a few bhpians have already posted the thread link on the FB page of the <insert brand> creating sufficient bargaining power to the OP

P.s. Not talking about the OP of this thread, but in general.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 15:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

The thing to remember is that the no-follow-up threads die a death buried in forum history unless we resurrect them by posting to them.

It's fair enough, of course, to enquire for an update, but better not to keep the thread alive with general comment.

Just my observation and opinion, I'm not a moderator, and others may disagree or have a different point of view.
Old 14th May 2015, 16:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

Ok, I happen to know Woof, the OP.

A quick whatsapp chat confirms that the car was repaired to their satisfactions and has been serving them well since.
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 16:37   #23
BHPian

Thanks Eddy for reminding me to update this thread.

Well, to be honest, I don't remember the complete technical problem (the issue happened 2 years back), but I can recall that VW repaired the starter motor of the car. They took their own time to do the job, but the car has been working fine since that date. Fingers crossed.
woof is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 17:53   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Thanks Eddy for reminding me to update this thread.

Well, to be honest, I don't remember the complete technical problem (the issue happened 2 years back), but I can recall that VW repaired the starter motor of the car. They took their own time to do the job, but the car has been working fine since that date. Fingers crossed.
Good for you. Btw thank @vitalstatistiks - he was the first one to ask! Not good to leave loose ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Ok, I happen to know Woof, the OP.

A quick whatsapp chat confirms that the car was repaired to their satisfactions and has been serving them well since.

Then the thread title needs to be updated and the thread closed, no? Whaatya doin saaaar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks