Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2013, 18:39   #1
BHPian

Chevrolet offers free vehicle pick up & drop-off to lady car owners

GM India has said that it will offer free pick up and drop of its vehicles to women customers. The announcement was made on the occasion of International Woman’s Day.

This offer is open to any lady customer of a Chevrolet car in India. The proviso being that the vehicle needs to be registered in their name.

Chevrolet offers free vehicle pick up & drop-off to lady car owners-womens-day.jpg

This is a convenient offering by GM India that is likely to be well received by working women professionals. Not having to drop-off one’s vehicle for service and pick it up later would save the owner a useful amount of time.

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2013 at 09:50.
Redline6800 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 09:50   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Chevrolet offers lady customers free vehicle pick up & drop facility

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Dealership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11th March 2013, 10:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
GM India has said that it will offer free pick up and drop of its vehicles to women customers. The announcement was made on the occasion of International Woman’s Day.

This offer is open to any lady customer of a Chevrolet car in India. The proviso being that the vehicle needs to be registered in their name.

This is a convenient offering by GM India that is likely to be well received by working women professionals. Not having to drop-off one’s vehicle for service and pick it up later would save the owner a useful amount of time.
Good initiative, though this is already available with the Maruti dealer to whom I give my vehicle for service. I have availed it as well a couple of times and am happy with it
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 11:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
What is the big deal? I've always had free pick-up and drop from Maruti and Honda. In fact when I was in Pune, the Honda showroom/workshop was over 20 km away from my home!
Old 11th March 2013, 12:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was not charged for the drop for my Chevy beat service in past one year! Does this new advt mean the free pick up and drop is limited to lady customers only from now on ?
Old 11th March 2013, 13:25   #6

I too didnt understand this advertisement. Most A.S.C's in Mumbai (Maruti, Hyundai, Honda etc) already give free pick up & drop facility for their customers.
Old 11th March 2013, 20:32   #7
BHPian

My old office used to be about 4-5 kms from the dealership and the pick up/drop charges were applicable. It was 250 bucks along with irritating drivers who would demand a tip. Round it off close to about 300 bucks. Even during the free services these were applicable. This would be a relief for all ladies who get their vehicles serviced from Metro Chevrolet, Vasant Kunj in Delhi.
Old 11th March 2013, 20:36   #8
BANNED

I believe many dealers of many brands already provide such a facility . But i have been hesitant to avail it. Just looking at the way the drivers of dealerships drive a vehicle(manhandle it), makes you think of the effect it will have on your beloved possession!!
Old 12th March 2013, 10:20   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
What is the big deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I was not charged for the drop for my Chevy beat service in past one year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy N P View Post
I too didnt understand this advertisement.
There was no hard & fast rule. Some dealers offer it for free, while others charge for the same.

Now, Chevrolet assures that ALL dealerships will offer free pickup & drop for woman owners.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 11:33   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a nice gimmick. The fine print says the car has to be registered in the woman's name- that alone will reduce the target group significantly. So Chevy can have their cake (get some brownie points for being pro-feminist) and eat it too (have very few customers who will avail of this).

Like GTO said, dealers are notoriously fickle about free pickup/drop services. VW dealers for example flatly refuse. Maruti almost always provides this service. Everyone else is somewhere in between: they start by saying it is a pay service but when you threaten to go to a competing dealer, they change their tune.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 12:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
My old office used to be about 4-5 kms from the dealership and the pick up/drop charges were applicable. It was 250 bucks along with irritating drivers who would demand a tip. Round it off close to about 300 bucks. Even during the free services these were applicable. This would be a relief for all ladies who get their vehicles serviced from Metro Chevrolet, Vasant Kunj in Delhi.
I totally agree with Abhishek. In fact I stopped using this service because of the quality of drivers and the risk that on the way to the ASC, they get into an accident (however minor). For peace of mind, I always bring my car to the ASC myself and make sure I am there when it is being serviced. Of course this may not be practical if any major repair that takes a couple of days is there.
Old 23rd March 2013, 20:00   #12
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet offers free vehicle pick up & drop-off to lady car owners

Hi everybody.
I own a beat and everytime when the service is due the A.S.S. offers to pick up and drop without any charge.However I prefer to drive myself and catch a cab back.Find that safer.
Wonder what is new.Could just be a publicity stunt as the current buzz word is the empowerment of women in India.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed