Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 18:10   #46
BANNED

And there is Concorde too, I am not a Tata vehicle owner though.
Old 8th June 2009, 01:25   #47
BHPian

Anyone out there who had recently service Fiat in Concorde Motors Ernakulam, please post your experience or create a new thread.
Old 8th June 2009, 10:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icar View Post
Anyone out there who had recently service Fiat in Concorde Motors Ernakulam, please post your experience or create a new thread.
Hi Icar,
I did my 3rd free service for my Palio MJD from concorde motors, Kochi. I had done the booking before hand and the service advisor Mr.Siby was very helpful. The best part is i got the service done on a sunday and though they booked my car for 9.45 am, they took the car at 8.30am.I had a priority cos i had come all the way from Manjeri.
They very prompt and I requested them that i was present with the car while the oil and filters were changed. The working bay was on the 2nd floor and they take the car up by a lift.
the working bay was clean and they had the correct tools to work on the car. they did a general check up then they changed the the oil and diesel filter and and fresh engine oil after they completely drained the old oil.They changed my front brake pads as the front left one side brake pad was worn out a little more than the others. so i asked them to change the full set in the front.
they gave an estimate of Rs.2800 for the service, but when the final bill came it was Rs.4000/- the excess was due to the replace ment of the brake pads.
Overal the service was a good experiance. As promised the delivered the car at 1pm with all the compliants attended to.

When you do the booking ask for Mr.Perumal the works man, MR.Siby is the man who deals with the fiat service.

Regards,
Abdul Messiah

Pm me for more details.
Old 18th November 2009, 23:43   #49
BHPian

Sadly, I'm joining the club too...I'd given my Linea for 2nd free service to RF Motors, Kochi. Service and all the additional work carried out is plain unbelievable. As is the service bill! I'm still shocked. Car was at the dealer for a whole week, yet they managed to leave out a thing or two AND botch up those that they actually worked on.

I work for a dealership too (albeit a different manufacturer, a different segment), so I believe I know a thing or two about these things. I won't go into the details. Professional ethics, I'm afraid. I have taken things up with Fiat, will wait till they revert back.
Old 29th November 2009, 11:08   #50
BANNED

Yesterday, I took a Test drive of Vista & Punto Diesel at RF. The sales guy was very co-operative and knowledgeable.

So I would give a rating of 4.5/5 for that initial buying experience.
Old 29th November 2009, 12:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Mithun,

One you buy and give the vehicle, then I am sure you will do a 180 degree turn.

But then sales and service are two different arms and not necessarily of the same quality.
Old 29th August 2010, 05:25   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
They have changed their working hours - they now work in two shifts from 8.30 am to 12.30 AM (yes, AM - they deliver at half past midnight for those who dont want their cars tied up during working hours if you deliver upto 7 pm).
But ,now the workshop rescheduled to normal timing like 8.30 am to 5pm , but Advisors will deliver the cars after service upto 7am . The reason behind is one more workshop added in Kochi by RF , can be accomodated more vehicles in day hours . FIAT & highsegment TATA cars are exclusively attending in UNIT I , In new site only commerical taxis and Indicas
Old 29th August 2010, 06:50   #53

It was grand opening in 2005 for RF and nobody can beat RF during 2005-07 season. In that period , Other workshop like , Focuz motors , Koyenco Motors , Maninadan auto , Kalpadi auto (nettoor) was in feild with -all put together anther 200 cas can be serviced per day . Then Koyenco stopped , Focuz shifted to small facility (?) , kalpadi stopped . & In Manikandan hardly no vehicles. So automatically RF got overloaded and starts failing in their prime moto -Customer Satisfaction. In 2007 FIAT also added to RF --load increases .The customers, who not taking prior appointments and bringing cars for service and of course distrurbing other appointed customers also. If workshop denays to attend such customers - showing muscle power to get it done. Of course end of the day lost the result . auto boom in the market create severe manpower issues in Kerala , hardly qulified techs are not available , if available only in Gulf or they running own local workshops for more returns ( thru all gimmicks). Manpower retention is very much critical in this sector like in any other private business feild , people jumping from one to another without any commitment.

But RF Motors expanded service facility to Thodupuzha -2007, alappuzha-2008 and one more workshop in Kochi -2010 June for catering more cars in a smoother way . THis is the first step by any dealership , who sepereated taxis & personnel segment customers into two campus that both profile had different demands. Thus FIAT & High segment TATA (Safari /Manza / Vista ) starts attending in one premises , giving more comfort to personnel customer . In service feild -nobody can keep customers always happy --every day is a different day.
Old 7th September 2010, 09:48   #54
BANNED

amaanjasmin: It seems to be like that you are the PR guy for RF Motors.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:11   #55
BANNED

@mithun. :-)

But let us be fair; we need to hear them out.

What I fail to understand is how "overloading" corrods the ethical fabric.
Old 29th October 2010, 21:52   #56
BHPian

There is no doubt about the facilities available in RF Motors. It is a good and clean service centre. But, as far as customers are concerned, there are other more important things as tata themself ask in their feedback :

1. How the security guard receives you at the gate and help you to properly park your car etc ?

2. How the receptionist welcomes you and get your details ?

3. How fast and how good the service advisor provides service ?

4. How well the service you requested are done ?

5. How well they kept the promised delivery timings ?

6. How fair was the service charges and the explanation on the charges and work done ?

7. Have you left the centre happily (or what was your overall experience ?) ?
Will you go there again or suggest the service centre to your friend ?

Last edited by KMohanan : 29th October 2010 at 21:54.
Old 30th October 2010, 13:40   #57
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaanjasmin View Post
It was grand opening in 2005 for RF and nobody can beat RF during 2005-07 season. In that period , Other workshop like , Focuz motors , Koyenco Motors , Maninadan auto , Kalpadi auto (nettoor) was in feild with -all put together anther 200 cas can be serviced per day . Then Koyenco stopped , Focuz shifted to small facility (?) , kalpadi stopped . & In Manikandan hardly no vehicles. So automatically RF got overloaded and starts failing in their prime moto -Customer Satisfaction. In 2007 FIAT also added to RF --load increases .The customers, who not taking prior appointments and bringing cars for service and of course distrurbing other appointed customers also. If workshop denays to attend such customers - showing muscle power to get it done. Of course end of the day lost the result . auto boom in the market create severe manpower issues in Kerala , hardly qulified techs are not available , if available only in Gulf or they running own local workshops for more returns ( thru all gimmicks). Manpower retention is very much critical in this sector like in any other private business feild , people jumping from one to another without any commitment.

But RF Motors expanded service facility to Thodupuzha -2007, alappuzha-2008 and one more workshop in Kochi -2010 June for catering more cars in a smoother way . THis is the first step by any dealership , who sepereated taxis & personnel segment customers into two campus that both profile had different demands. Thus FIAT & High segment TATA (Safari /Manza / Vista ) starts attending in one premises , giving more comfort to personnel customer . In service feild -nobody can keep customers always happy --every day is a different day.
I believe you are some way associated with RF Motors, so let me point out a few things which might help you sort a few things at the service center. I myself own a tata manza and has been there a couple of times.

The sales department is quite good. I was quite happy until the time of delivery, but then one of the guys ( a manager i think) came up and told me that someone will soon explain all the features of the vehicle to me. This was followed by a series of people coming up to me and asking "what do you want to know? hurry up, its late". It appeared that the manager was pushing some of the people to explain the vehicle to me. but it was late and they wanted to go home instead! This happened until i told the manager that i can read well and the manual will do!

What ever work done at the service station is good and I can confidently say it is better than Hyundai. But it is very difficult to get a parking inside the service station premises. Its badly crowded. Even for minor works, the service advisors ask for unreasonable time. I once went there with a horn issue and i was asked to keep the vehicle in the service station for 3 days! Even if i agree for the 3 days, I am sure it will be further delayed. I have personally experienced it on more than one occasion. Once 3 days turned out to be 3 weeks. The reason quoted was non availability of parts from Tata. Small issues are never attended to. I once complained about the fog light switch, which comes with an indicator which doesn't glow. The advisor showed surprise at my complaint and readily said that other things are working in my car. He didn't hesitate to compare it with an Indica and said those things never work. True he may be, but customers like me are used to working switches on vehicles and I expect those things to be heard at least. It is another matter if it is attended to or not. There is no importance to cosmetics at all in RF.

All said, mechanical works are well attended to and whatever paint job done is good. Better crowd management will help lots.
Old 30th October 2010, 19:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icar View Post
Concorde Kochi is an Amazing place to be in. I got both my free services (for my Punto 1.3 Emotion) done there. Both were done with appointment, and in both cases the car was delivered at the promised time. Their facility is clean and staff were cordial in both instances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
When you do the booking ask for Mr.Perumal the works man, MR.Siby is the man who deals with the fiat service.
Perumal is the Customer Relations Manager. Siby is the only person who deals with FIAT cars - this is the only flaw I see with them. This delays matters a lot.

I had to visit the workshop once without appointment - for a door lock issue. No SAs were available, and the CRM (Mr. Perumal) himself attended my car, and he got the job done. Although I had to wait for over 3 hours to get the job done, the work was completed to my satisfaction.

I'll recommend Concorde any day.
Old 31st October 2010, 16:09   #59
BHPian

I would advise anyone to take the car to concord, they are better equipped and have good trained technicians and the parts issues seems to be not that much at concord either , i guess it's all part of how things are managed.

@ VEA a horn issue you take it to the service center ?Take it to any auto electrician in aluva !
Old 31st October 2010, 18:38   #60
VEA
BHPian

@ muneemmk
The horn was fitted at their accessory center at the time of delivery. One of the horns stopped working after a couple of months and they fixed it once promising to replace it under warranty if the problem returns. It did return, i took the car to the service center, they asked me to contact the accessory people, the accessory people asked me to get the horn checked by the service center instead. When i took it to the service center they asked for 3 days which i thought was too much for a horn check. One of the horns still don't work which means the sound is weak. Anyways enough of tata, I sold the vehicle yesterday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks