Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 13:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Horrendous experience with Mahavir Skoda, Somajiguda, Hyderabad

Here it goes again. Another Skoda and it's a bad story yet again.
Skoda is definitely at the top of the 'Hall of Shame'.
Don't Skoda executives ever read teambhp ?
If they did they wouldn't be Skoda, is it !
Old 8th May 2013, 15:18   #17
BHPian

Firstly, congrats on a brand new car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinesataris View Post
*snip*
On 20th of April, I received a call from Mahavir Skoda asking me to make a booking as it was the last day for some offer (free accessories worth Rs. 25000) and they even told me that I have to complete all the formalities on the same day for the offer to be valid on my purchase. I told them I'm not really willing to take the delivery of the vehicle on 20th of April which is 4 days away from my wedding anniversary, but I want it on 24th of April only. I have then started to receive continuous calls from the staff of Mahavir Skoda pleading me to complete the formalities and take the delivery of the vehicle. So after talking to them for over 4 hours, I couldn't convince them but they convinced me to take the delivery.
*snip*

Secondly, with all due respect, you should have stuck to your guns about taking the delivery on the 24th. If you are easily convinced by sales people to do what they want you to do then you really shouldn't be blaming them cause that's exactly their job. To up sell, or to get inventory out before the next offer begins, or to get enough numbers before the end of the month closing. Or whatever other reason. Not only that, they probably realized that this person can be convinced in such a manner and that probably lead them to not honor their quote on the exchange of your old car.
Also, like others have pointed out, if they didn't honor the value for your older vehicle, you should've cancelled the order and taken your business elsewhere. Or you could've sold your old car to a private buyer. Of course that requires more work!

Quote:
*snip*
On 22nd April (two days after the delivery), a friend of mine comes to me and says he booked the Rapid, Prestige edition which comes for 1lac lesser price and more features. I got shocked and immediately called the sales rep to find out if that's true.

*snip*
Finally, this seems more of a "one-up-man-ship" by your friend. I'm sure there's been plenty of times that people have purchased products and subsequently the price of that item goes down in a day or two. It's happened to me (for example when buying Apple products!) and I'm sure it's happened to the best of us. It really doesn't mean the product you've purchased is of any less utility. Of course you feel like a bit of a doofus, but then such is life! So IMO, instead of taking the fun out of a brand new car by complaining about this Skoda dealership, I'd say let it slide and enjoy the vehicle! It's no less brilliant now that there's a "Prestige Edition" out there.

Anywhoo, I guess you live and learn!
Macfreak7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 15:40   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Feel real bad for you my friend.
Never ever trust what the sales people say until they give it in writing.

No Offence!, but I still don't understand why people go for Skoda even after so many horror stories. I understand their cars are good, but the relationship does not end with driving out of the showroom, it actually begins with it.
Precisely my thought too. But the good thing is that you have a nice car and we all wish that you have lacs of joyful miles ahead with it.

BTW, even I am amazed that even after so many Skoda stories on this very forum, how do people fall prey to them?

& speedmiester, your last line was a killer of quote "the relationship does not end with driving out of the showroom, it actually begins with it"
Old 8th May 2013, 16:10   #19
BHPian

Thanks everybody for your inputs and suggestions. My friend who recently bought the Prestige edition is also facing the same problems as me! He took the delivery of the vehicle without those promised accessories. He was told to wait for a day or two for the accessories but he's still not received. I think he'll come up with his woes in a different thread in this forum.

Apart from those complains, I'm really liking the vehicle to the core. Once after I complete running 2000 kms in the city, I will probably go for a long drive to extract the maximum pleasure.
Old 8th May 2013, 17:49   #20
BHPian

vinesataris,

Felt sorry to hear the troubles caused by Mahavir. As some one already mentioned in one of the post, they have the dealership and service for both Andhra Pradesh and Orissa. We don't have other option to get the car serviced outside of Mahavir in both these states, at least during warranty period.

I am in touch with the Mahavir guys both at Jubilee Hills & Somajiguda for the last 6-7 months or so. Had numerous visits to their showrooms and once almost booked the car as they very much convinced me, but the deal didnt get through as they are not ready to provide the discount what I was expecting. So walked out straight-away.

Regarding the prestige edition, ex-showroom price listed in Skoda website is ~9.15 and on-road will be ~10.7 L. Add extended warranty ~11K + handling charges ~10K. This makes on-road to be 10.9 L. You will get only the Navigation system extra. On the other hand, regular Elegance on-road is ~11.2 along with Leather seats, USB music player, Reverse camera with display. I hope you got the same deal. So the price is more or less same if you add these accessories to the Prestige edition, may be 10-15k lesser than the regular Elegance which you need worry about much :-).

With any dealer, sales guy/dealership behavior will definitely change once the vehicle is booked. Forget all the issues and enjoy the drive to the core.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 9th May 2013, 12:42   #21
BHPian

Hi again,
After speaking to the C.E.O of Mahavir motors and writing to Skoda India Customer care, Mahavir Motors agreed to compensate the loss by giving me any accessory worth Rs. 5000. Although it's not a huge amount I really appreciate the way they're dealing with the complaints. I felt like this is a common man's triumph over a very big dealer. Can you guys suggest me of any better accessory? I find a huge price difference in their showroom over the market price so I don't want to buy anything which is worth over Rs. 5000
vinesataris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 20:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi again,
After speaking to the C.E.O of Mahavir motors and writing to Skoda India Customer care, Mahavir Motors agreed to compensate the loss by giving me any accessory worth Rs. 5000. Although it's not a huge amount I really appreciate the way they're dealing with the complaints. I felt like this is a common man's triumph over a very big dealer. Can you guys suggest me of any better accessory? I find a huge price difference in their showroom over the market price so I don't want to buy anything which is worth over Rs. 5000
That's nice to know Mr. Marshal is an honest man and takes these matters seriously. So do the other members. Mahavir motors has infact won in skoda customer satisfaction for quite a few years. I even think they are ranked high for their Mercedes dealerships too.
Old 10th May 2013, 13:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi again,
You mean being compensated Rs 5000 against hiding the information that a 1 lac cheaper variant is being released soon, and forcing you to buy the higher priced variant BEFORE the date you wanted (so that you don't come to know about the lesser priced variant) is appreciable?

And it reflects the common man's triumph over a very big dealer?
No.

It actually reminds me of this thread somehow:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3115198

Common man has lost yet again.

Last edited by alpha1 : 10th May 2013 at 13:21.
Old 24th June 2013, 23:07   #24
BHPian

Ownership transfer not done yet. Help needed

Hi,

This is my second post expressing my woes after I purchased the Skoda Rapid. I exchanged my Octavia with Rapid over two months ago. The vehicle's permanent registration is still not done since Skoda Octavia is still on my name and if I want to go ahead with the registration, I will have to pay extra 2% tax. I'm continuously being in touch with the executives from Mahavir Skoda and also had a word with the C.E.O but nothing did really help. They probably haven't sold my Octavia which is why I guess it's still on my name. But the used cars manager always tells me the vehicle had been disposed and he had submitted ownership transfer papers at the local RTO (RTO, Somajiguda, Hyderabad). My problem here is, I cannot run the vehicle with a temporary registration number for more than 1 month and it's already been over 67 days and it's kind of illegal to run the vehicle. I have paid the cops a couple of times and I yelled at the people at Mahavir auto. Today also they promised me it'd be done by the evening which obviously didn't. The question is, can I proceed legally on this issue and if yes, how can it be done or who should I approach. As a starter, I'm planning to go through a local police station.

Mod: I'm not sure if this post belongs here. Please move it to an appropriate thread if it doesn't.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks