Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2013, 23:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A friend's plight with Fiat Exclusive - Tejaswi Motors, Hyderabad

This is shockingly pathetic! that too by a Customer Service manager, he doesn't know basics of Customer service...!
As suggested by most, please upload the video in Youtube & share the link with Fiat India & post it here too.

Last edited by finneyp : 30th June 2013 at 23:15.
Old 30th June 2013, 23:14   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It was smart to record the video and applaud that. The restraint shown is also admirable. Will also applaud Fiat if it take fast and serious action against the Service Manager responsible for this. Can they work fast enough? I do doubt that? They can get the service centre to dismiss such people for sure. We also need to see if they work fast and solve the issue on hand as well.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:13   #18
BHPian

Blame the showroom management for hiring service personal like these. These are guys who work with no passion or without understanding what the brand stands for in the market. I am sure this guy is a relative of someone in the management and has been hired heavily on influence and nothing else!!
Old 1st July 2013, 11:23   #19
BHPian

Well, time to do what is right, Fiat. This incident makes my blood boil. How does one raise his voice against another even if he has been told something? People who can't remain calm and collected aren't fit to serve in the service industry. If a customer has a concern, address it because if you do, the positive PR he creates will give the sc better business prospects. Sad to say nincompoops with absolutely no idea how to handle people are present everywhere.
Old 1st July 2013, 13:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if anyone would experience this even in an Government organization. Absolutely pathetic. Take this to all possible levels with Fiat India. The dealer has to formally apologize to him for this incident.
Old 1st July 2013, 14:17   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

This might be the last chance Fiat might have in India(Unless they have unlimited Money!).
After parting ways with Tata, now when they are all set to make a fresh start with their own setup, if they do not take such cases seriously, not only the car owners but also the people who have invested in setting up Fiat sales and service facilities will have to suffer.
Old 2nd July 2013, 11:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
I knew that I would need roof of this, so I very coolly took out my camera and recorded at least 20 mins of the carnage/rage and uncontrollable insult I faced. He was so out of his mind that he didn't even realize I was recording his show. He continued to scream at the top of his voice and when I told him that he must accept “feedback” from a customer, he asked to get lost and that he dosent need feedback from customers. The 10 odd customers waiting to pick up their car were shocked and amazed too, at this kind of an attitude towards customer service

Link to the FB thread:
https://www.facebook.com/fiat.india/...t=feed_comment
Extremely sorry to learn about such behavior from the dealer.
I would request you kindly to write a mail to mangesh dot kodalkar at fiat dot com (head of customer services at Fiat), stating the whole story and giving the link of the video.
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
THIS IS WHEN HE LOST TOTAL CONTROL OVER HIS EMOTIONS!! HE SHOUTED AT THE TOP OF HIS VOICE.

He KEPT SHOUTING THROUGHOUT AND THE WHOLE WORKSHOP AD OTHER CUSTOMERS GATHERED TRYING TO CALM HIM DOWN. All the customers and staff were trying to cool him down and many were even angry with him, so customers trying to defend me and shouted back. I, all the while remained calm, composed and was waiting for him to cool down (which he didn't).

HE WAS BEHAVING LIKE A GOON AND A FEW WORKSHOP STAFF AS HIS HENCHMEN. HE WAS JUST SHORT OF HITTING ME (a state judo champion having played national level judo) DESPITE WHICH I REMAINED CALM.
This is pathetic behavior by the Service Manager. In my limited interactions with my Ford Service Managers (at Cauvery Ford) - they have been nothing short of brilliant and helpful. I am sure this is one isolated incident but the fall would be taken by FIAT.

Has here been any response from any official channels? I wonder how he kept his calm through all of this? There is simply no place for such behavior in professional life. So if FIAT does not do something about it - then FIAT needs to face some flak as well.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Extremely sorry to learn about such behavior from the dealer.
I would request you kindly to write a mail to mangesh dot kodalkar at fiat dot com (head of customer services at Fiat), stating the whole story and giving the link of the video.
Sommos - i have forwarded the email address to armaan, hope we get some resolution from him atleast.

So far the story remains the same.
Old 24th July 2013, 00:41   #25
BHPian

Finally the day arrived 23rd July. I booked the appointment on 17th June and got the slot on 23rd July. It was raining lightly , over all a beautiful day .
I had received an sms the previous day on 22nd about the appointment arrived in time 9:45am sharp. Parked my vehicle outside the Service center as it was jammed with Lineas and Puntos . Confirmed with the Agent who was doing the initial inspection about where to park , he took the keys from me and parked in front of show room , kind of -sort of on the road ...
5 mins later the traffic police arrived and this is what followed.

A friend's plight with Fiat Exclusive - Tejaswi Motors, Hyderabad-img_1823.jpg

I went to the agent and he said that I will have to pay the ticket as "they did not have space to park" That just touched my nerve , I went down and came back with the "unprofessional" manager , there was a lady who had come with her car and another guy with his wife 2 kids , he looked at Raju and started abusing him with what ever he knew adding the special word at the end of every thing that came his way . I went away from the spot and to ward the road and to my surprise i saw some more cars that arrived after me for servicing CAGED.

I felt really bad as this had never happened to my car earlier I was not infuriated or angry , I was just very sad and feeling helpless , had there been other service centers I would have run away immediately . There were 3 other cars in the row that got booked because of the stupid agent [Raju] we didnt pay the ticket but it was a bad mark on my car .

A friend's plight with Fiat Exclusive - Tejaswi Motors, Hyderabad-img_1824.jpg

I went away , far far away from the spot and I could hear the manager shout at the top of his voice .Traffic lords had left but he was still shouting .

A friend's plight with Fiat Exclusive - Tejaswi Motors, Hyderabad-img_1834.jpg

Coming to the servicing :
I had mentioned specially to get a particular spare for my rear fog lamp , I was assured that it had arrived. I called up on the 20th confirming my appointment and they confirmed that the spare had arrived.
Up went my punto on the hydraulics , i thought they will change the light . I asked the guy he said there are no spares.I checked with the manager he said straightaway no spares , as if he was aware of each and every nut and bolt in his inventory.I was so pissed that i forgot to react
Oil filter , air filter was changed I was informed that I would be charged 6000 bucks for the filters, I found it hard to digest but again I was helpless .The actual bill arrived with 2400 [kind of misleading ! huh !]

The Washing :
They did not wash the underbody , when asked they said this is free with service , underbody is chargeable. No polish on the dash and interior plastics . After cribbing for 10 mins an assistant arrived and rubbed the tyres with some polish.

Over all I would rate the servicing 2/10 . I was thinking of my earlier service experience with Hyundai and Maruti and birds started chirping in my ears , "sweet melody in the background". My car was ready for delivery nothing was done other than oil change and filter change and wash. Clock strikes 1 and all the workers vanish in thin air , the manager and receptionist was missing as well , we the few customers looked at each other dumbly .

Finally got back the car at 3 pm , I was sad and feeling help less as I did not have any option in Hyderabad . Took the car to the outer ring road. Placed the petes tuning [took me 1 hour ] that I was carrying in the backpack and did what I like to do best [birds started chirping in my ears again with full bass, "sweet melody in the background"] and came back home a very happy man. That is what Fiat is capable of make a sad sad man very happy

Last edited by ARAY : 24th July 2013 at 01:09. Reason: 3 smileys , not allowed
ARAY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 08:55   #26
BHPian

Getting your FIAT serviced in Hyderabad is a nightmare. You'd have to book atleast a month in advance.

I heard it's the only service center in the state.
Old 24th July 2013, 13:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aritraray View Post
Finally the day arrived 23rd July. I booked the appointment on 17th June and got the slot on 23rd July. It was raining lightly , over all a beautiful day .
I had received an sms the previous day on 22nd about the appointment arrived in time 9:45am sharp. Parked my vehicle outside the Service center as it was jammed with Lineas and Puntos . Confirmed with the Agent who was doing the initial inspection about where to park , he took the keys from me and parked in front of show room , kind of -sort of on the road ...
5 mins later the traffic police arrived and this is what followed.
I think member "nkrishnap" has contacts with the head of service and dealership development at Fiat. He can help to escalate such issues to the highest authorities.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 17:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

I actually landed on this thread thank to BBlosts review post , very very disturbed to read what i have read here. You should not only put the video on YouTube but also on your FB wall and let it circulate for people to see.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 10:49   #29
BHPian

I just landed on this thread. I am really sorry to hear about your experience. I guess its the same experience for either FIAT or TATA vehicles at Tejaswi Motors.

Even I had a really bad experience with my Tata Safari. From then on, I stopped going to Tejaswi motors. I have given servicing to Malik Cars and they are much better. I am satisfied with the experience I am getting at Malik Cars.

Sharing My story: Below are couple of examples I shared already in team - bhp long ago.
Here are couple of experiences with Tejaswi Motors:
Example 1 Turbo Replacement: Completely careless about customer experience
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2236344

Example 2: Pathetic quality of work. Cant even fix a bolt properly.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2655658

Right now my car has done 1.1 lac kms with no issues at all after moving to Malik Cars.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 26th September 2013 at 10:51.
Old 23rd November 2013, 01:25   #30
BHPian

FIAT - They make some of the best cars and makes some of the worst mistakes that lets us stay far away from buying one

Quote:
T-bhpians this is sad for me to see the italian mark fading away and incidents such as this just bring more shame to the mark that is loved by most of us.
So, what happened finally?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks