Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 20:31   #46
BHPian

Try Manipal

Avoid Prerna motors. They do not have much knowledge about Fiat cars. I had a problem with power windows. Prerna guys were not even close to understanding what was wrong.

Manipal motors is a pretty good place to get you car serviced. The supervisor Mr Shivram Nayak is pretty knowledgable guy. He fixed my power window problem within 15 mins.I liked the way in which he found out the problem. I saw a couple of Petra Ds bieng serviced there when I was there.

They have a pickup and delivery service.
Old 5th July 2007, 21:21   #47

Fiat PetraD Service experience, in Bangalore

Good news is, I have had pleasant experience with getting my PetraD serviced during the first year!

Manipal Motors: Shivaram Nayak is a pleasant person.
Body work: Bangalore traffic and some reckless driving by one a**h*** taxi driver rendered a major dent on my car's doors on the right side for no fault of mine. He had tried to sneak into the third lane in a 2-lane road! Hassle-free body work (Contact Mr. Raghavendra or Valli Rao). Pleasant guys, but you need to adjust with some delays in delivery of your vehicle post-repair. My car is back in shape and no trace of the damage. If TATA-AIG is the insurance company, things are even smoother through green-channel.
(Got my first and third free service done here. Happy with their work!)

Concorde Motors: Very good work too. Pickup and drop for Rs.200. There are dedicated service supervisor and service engineer for Fiat. The only drawback is if you want to inspect your vehicle post-service. You'll have to go to Hosur road all the way. There's no acceptance and delivery of Fiat vehicles in their shop near Bangalore Dairy.
(Got my second service done here)

My personal preference for major problems in the vehicle is to get it done by Concorde guys (slightly better than Manipal Motors just because they did not crib about non-availability of spare parts).

So far so good!!
Old 15th July 2007, 23:00   #48
BHPian

Greentracks Service Review

I had promised to put the review on my experience with Greentracks.

To cut long story short, I am disappointed with the service at Greentracks.

My car had only one problem - the car drags towards left side. Greentracks kept the car for 5 long days and were not able to solve the problem. I have escalted the issue to Fiat and they are looking into in now. All thru these five days the Sales guy - Santosh tried to confuse the issue for me. For two days he kept saying that they are working on the issue. Third day he told me that the problem is with the tyres. I told him he can change whatever he likes but he should get me rid of the problem. When he realized that he will not be able to fool me, he gave up on the fifth day and said there is nothing that they can do about the problem.

Another small example - I had a dog hit because of which my fog light holder in the front bumper had broke. I kept requesting him to do something about it. And finally on the fifth day (when the other problem of dragging had became really big on him) he procured the part and got it fixed. There was no need to keep saying that it can't be done sir, because if that would have been the case, I am not sure how he was able to procure the part on the last moment. I will say sheer laziness to try options.

They charged me some 5300 rupees. They charged me 350 rupees for camber adjustment but the dragging problem has actually become more serious after the adjustment.

They are good in talking. Everything is good till you don't have a problem in your car. Give your car for service in Greentracks at your own risk.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:44   #49
BHPian

Greentracks service review vis a vis Concorde Motors

This might be an old thread but I felt that recent experiences on my part with these two service centers might be of interest.
I own a 2002 FIAT Palio 1.2 ELX.
About two months ago, I faced a problem with the car refusing to start when switched off somewhere en route ( e.g. at a shop or such). This happened intermittently two or three times.
Concorde Motors at Hosur Road, Bangalore, was consulted, and they were of the opinion after 'checking' that nothing was wrong with the alternator, battery or anything in between, and identified a TDC sensor as the probable culprit. This was duly replaced and billed at around 1000 plus taxes and labor.
A week later, and at the very moment I needed to start the car for a hospital trip because my wife had just fallen and torn her ankle ligament, the car refuses to start, and had to be push started once again. (push starts were the only alternative on the earlier occasions too, with no stopping along the way for fear of being stranded!)
Needless to say, the Concorde Motors folks promised to send someone right away.
In the intervening six hours, I called the amaron battery people since my battery was over 5 years old, and they sent someone over and got a new battery installed within an hour.
This worked like a charm and the engine cranked the first time.
Six hours after my call to Concorde, drivers call me asking for directions to my place to come pick up the vehicle! ***??
I told them that the matter was taken care of, and had strong words with the service advisor regarding the delay- some excuse about the drivers being caught by the police for lack of license, and hence being unavailable, was given to me.
A few days later, the AC stopped functioning. The LED on the dashboard control would glow, but the compressor was obviously not kicking in.
I took the car back to Concorde. After much 'checking', they decide it is not a wiring problem, but that the AC thermostat needs replacing, and will entail removal of the dashboard, with a subsequent bill of around 4000. ( 1000 for part and 3000 for labor @ 300 an hour for 8 hours plus taxes!)
As for availability of said part, it would require being ordered from FIAT in Pune.
I was asked to check back in a week. After 3 weeks of checking with no sign of the part, and with a long drive in the sun to Goa imminent, I took it to GreenTracks, who had earlier (on checking for availability of the thermostat) told me they had the part in stock.
Their check revealed only a loose wire ( the crimp at the connector needed to be tightened) with an outlay of around 300 rupees. The AC has worked fine since.
Interestingly, a short while after this, and the day before my drive to Goa, i faced a starting devil again. Push start, and straight to GreenTracks this time.
They checked the alternator and battery outputs and came to the conclusion that the battery was not charging, though the output at the alternator was OK.
This was traced to corroded contacts, which were duly sanded and I was on my way. Outlay roughly 600 rupees.
I had an excellent drive to Goa and back. the 1300 + KM round trip more than charged the battery. There were no issues with the AC ( on all the way there, while there, and back) and the battery (with ipod docked and all blowers at full tilt).
Which brings me to the crux of the issue--
Concorde Motors doesnt seem to know their FIATs.
The folks at GreenTracks are ex Sundaram Automobile people ( where i actually first purchased my car), and know it better than Tata does.
I used to get GreenTracks to service my car in the intervening time when Sundaram shifted operations from their Kasturba road facility, and stopped only when GreenTracks stopped calling me to remind me about scheduled services. (I think the fact that Santosh, who many people have mentioned, had left in the intervening period caused some disruption to customer contact).
Given these experiences, and the fact that GreenTracks is in fact an authorized service center for FIAT, I do not see any reason not to give them my custom. They are closer and more accessible in location compared to Concorde, and seem to know their job better.

Most Viewed