Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 17:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahavir Skoda (Hyderabad) Cheats. Customer-NO-Care@skoda-india!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith View Post
We bought a Skoda Rapid Ambition Plus from Mahavir Auto on 26 June 2013.
We opted a 2012 Model car, because there was a discount of 1.1 L on the OTR Price of 10.84 L.

@DarkLordOfSith - My regrets for what happened ! However, I am going to blame you a little too.

Yes, we know of the numerous Skoda horror stories on the forum & elsewhere. Mostly Dealers, in a few cases(as claimed) Skoda India. For that matter, the same happens elsewhere as well.

A little more caution could have helped you identify the issues beforehand.

If the dealer was a little cautious, they could have installed the rear speakers as well & we would not have been discussing on this thread (hence my faint opinion that the this was not intended from the dealer's side). I am not supporting the dealer in any way. They have definitely wronged.

And unfortunately, since everything happened at the Dealer, 'Skoda' is going to wash itz hands.

Have a few questions :- keeping the 'Dealer'/'Skoda' portion aside
  • You were interested in the Car (since you booked one). Do you still like the car now ?
    • A close friend of mine has a Rapid & is so happy with it !
    • Atleast 2 folks are going gaga over the Rapid & itz abilities.
  • Given what has happened, What is acceptable ?
    • 'Dealer to replace the current car with a New 2013 car & also offer free 4 yrs Preventive/Maintenance Service + Zero Dep' ? - as per your post
    • Do you want to proceed legally ?

The The MRTP Act, 1969 is the one that is most needed. That should solve all other issues. One more dealership should change the equation.
But what else would happen. The same guys get another firm registered and take one more dealership.

Personally
a) If you like the Rapid - go for the replacement (2013 model - Worth the extra dough. & you could squeeze some freebies).
or
b) Get the hell out of this mess by taking a refund (unless you have better connections than the dealer in the high courts)

Cheers,
DieselDon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 18:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post

Have a few questions :- keeping the 'Dealer'/'Skoda' portion aside
  • You were interested in the Car (since you booked one). Do you still like the car now ?
    • A close friend of mine has a Rapid & is so happy with it !
    • Atleast 2 folks are going gaga over the Rapid & itz abilities.
  • Given what has happened, What is acceptable ?
    • 'Dealer to replace the current car with a New 2013 car & also offer free 4 yrs Preventive/Maintenance Service + Zero Dep' ? - as per your post
    • Do you want to proceed legally ?
The dealer is replacing the car with a 2013 car because he doesn't have an option. There are no more 2012 Red Rapid Ambition Plus's in his stock yard or in the factory.Not because he's generous.

We want the Service, so that we are not cheated again.
We only want the free insurance as compensation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
The The MRTP Act, 1969 is the one that is most needed. That should solve all other issues. One more dealership should change the equation.
But what else would happen. The same guys get another firm registered and take one more dealership.
After being spoken to in such a tone, where in they don't care for a customer, this is exactly what we want to do now.

It would have had been a simple case of apology and replacement. The dealership has brought this on themselves.
DarkLordOfSith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 18:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
We bought a Skoda Rapid Ambition Plus from Mahavir Auto on 26 June 2013.
We opted a 2012 Model car, because there was a discount of 1.1 L on the OTR Price of 10.84 L.
Contact head of CC. Contact recommended by dkaile.

Rahul Kulkarni | Customer Care
Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd.,
A 605, ICC Towers, S B Road,Pune, India.
HQ- A1/1, Five Star MIDC, Shendra, Aurangabad 431201, India
020-30931113 E-Mail:rahul.kulkarni@skoda-auto.co.in

Also send a letter by courier immediately to the MD of Skoda India. Opt for next day courier so they get it asap.

Sh. Sudhir Rao (Managing Director)
SKODA Auto India Private Limited
A-1 / 1, M.I.D.C.,
Five Star Industrial Area, Shendra,
Aurangabad - 431 201
Tel: +91 240 6631 111 / 222 / 333,

Send a stern email & letter!

Last edited by Y@SH : 19th July 2013 at 19:01.
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 20:38   #19
BHPian

Last weekend I happened to drive a Rapid for almost 100 KM and another 30-40 as a passenger (both front seat and backseat) and loved the car. I am looking to have a change of my current drive (well, now that is been in cards for quite sometime; since then my treasury is not getting more allowances from my employer; but expenses have skyrocketed; so the new purchase is always getting postponed and now it is slated for coming April which I am sure might get another kick to the year end) and Rapid was a serious contender (after Linea) till I read this thread. Now, I will think it twice or thrice or many many times before I consider it.

However, my friend who owns the car is overall OK - OK kind with the dealer in Bangalore and his comments were "I just need to visit them once in an year and I feel it is OK compromise to have this beauty and I would call it as the cost of doing business". So even in Bangalore (where there are multiple dealers) he is not a happy (completely happy) customer.
Old 19th July 2013, 21:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

@DarkLordOfSith, Why do you say that the refund is not an option? If you say that this a gift for your dad, why taint it with all these memories. You will not get peace of mind as long as you own this car, as you will always have the fear that something may go wrong in service, you do not have an option to change to a different dealer as they are a monopoly in AP. Skoda who has cheated you does not deserve your money. Please get the refund and get another car, if alone for the peace of mind factor.

PS: When i mean refund, I mean 100% of the cost of the car and not just the amount paid by you, 3.91L. Get the full amount and then pay of the bank separately. Push for 100% of the cost of the car.

Last edited by govigov : 19th July 2013 at 22:01.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 22:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

I believe in this case they are ready to accept the mistake and offer a replacement or refund. I can take sides and say Skoda is bad and dealers are just money minded. In this case, post you initial request and initial denial the dealer has started to work with you on a negotiation.

Now its up to you to act smart and make it a win-win. If you trust in India law and order system and are ready to go through the civil case route for your request for compensation and additional freebee and service etc you should stick to your conviction and take it forward. But dont expect a free ride for the dealer has exactly done what he is suppose to do post the issue was notified.

I am not going to say be wise. I would only say trusting the system is just a waste of time.

Get your money back including any interest you would have paid and any preclosure you need to pay back.
Old 19th July 2013, 22:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

As a consumer I'd be grateful if you hang in there and sue Skoda & the dealer to the last penny.

However, as a fellow bhp-ian I'd rather you take your money and buy another brand. Skoda & the dealership will stonewall your calls and your only choice will be to go to court. Once it goes to court, Skoda's legal team will exploit legal loopholes to the fullest and eventually even if you win, I doubt the courts will award refund with 18% (maybe 6%) interest. Even as per the other laws, Skoda may bear the damage, but it'll me more beneficial for you to simply exit now.

Or if you're really passionate about owning a good German engineered product, demand they give you a 2012 version Ambition Plus variant with all the other things you said you demanded in the OP, and if they don't have a 2012 vehicle, their funeral, they might as well give you a 2013 model with the benefits mentioned.

Just because the dealer has offered to make "good" his wrong, it doesn't absolve him of the crime, neither does it reduce the heinousness in any way for the court to have sympathy for him. Also, assuming everything you're saying is true and backed by proof, you're surely likely to teach Skoda and the Dealer a tough lesson.

P.S. : If by any chance you have the call recordings of the dealer saying , "Yes, cheating happened, now what?", have no mercy whatsoever and sue the dealer for cheating. Once this guy is put behind bars, that'd teach all other Skoda dealers not to act smart and cheat consumers.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 19th July 2013 at 23:08.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 00:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dealers response --> Cheating happened now what ?

Now a --> Punch

If I were you, after this experience, I would buy a Maruti Alto even, but dump the Skoda. Push for a refund and get better memories. I would not expect even a Nano customer to go through this, let alone a 10 lakh Skoda.

A company which does not side with the customer, does not know business.

In case of Maruti--> Customer is always right, until the dealer has 1000 proofs to prove him wrong. Result--> 50% market share

Skoda's theory--> Customer is always wrong, dealer is always right. If proved otherwise, move onto next case.

Please Move on to something else.
Old 20th July 2013, 00:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
@All :

Refund is not an Option here. We were offered 18% interest on the amount paid by us from the date of the cheque, and offer was politely denied.

The amount paid was 3.9 L -> Cheque , 6L -> Kotak Mahindra.
We have stopped the loan dispersal and are not paying the EMI.

This is happening over and over and let someone stand up. Why should the customer be taken for a ride always.

A customer is paying his hard earned money and the dealership is behaving as if its charity on their part.

We are ready to make an example of this case, how ever long and what ever resources it is going to take.

The insurance company, bank and RTA were also sent forged/ wrong documents.

To top it all, it was a B'day gift to my dad. Why should I compromise when they have stolen such a good memoir.
I do admire your determination and righteousness. Not to dissuade you from your choice to take the legal course, but you may wish to consider the following:

- There is a member 'harishv' on the forum who also decided to take matters to the courts after a Skoda dealership 'stole' parts from his car, the issue is still not solved after more than 5 years.
(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-5-years.html)

- You not paying the EMIs would only cause your credit rating to plummet, the bank reclaiming your car, and them sending their money collectors after you (read - goons).
Old 20th July 2013, 00:13   #25
BHPian

And I thought skoda horror stories are a thing of the past ! Its such a shame. Buying a new car is a happy moment and they just totally ruined it for you. Rapid is a good car but these incidents will further put people off from the skoda brand in India.
Agree with the comments above. I dont think its worth going into a legal tangle with them. I would have considered the 2013 option or if possible, get the money back and go for a different brand( no more worries about the dealer monopoly and service).
Keep us posted.

Last edited by pyrodrive : 20th July 2013 at 00:14.
Old 20th July 2013, 00:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
As a consumer I'd be grateful if you hang in there and sue Skoda & the dealer to the last penny.

demand they give you a 2012 version Ambition Plus variant with all the other things you said you demanded in the OP, and if they don't have a 2012 vehicle, their funeral, they might as well give you a 2013 model with the benefits mentioned.

Just because the dealer has offered to make "good" his wrong, it doesn't absolve him of the crime, neither does it reduce the heinousness in any way for the court to have sympathy for him. Also, assuming everything you're saying is true and backed by proof, you're surely likely to teach Skoda and the Dealer a tough lesson.

P.S. : If by any chance you have the call recordings of the dealer saying , "Yes, cheating happened, now what?", have no mercy whatsoever and sue the dealer for cheating. Once this guy is put behind bars, that'd teach all other Skoda dealers not to act smart and cheat consumers.
There are no more 2012 cars. They only have 2013 cars. Not my problem. I want the compensation and service assurance because of this ordeal.

As long as the car is New, Not registered previously, Not used as a Test Drive vehicle, Red in color, Ambition Plus variant -> I'll gracefully accept, if the compensation and service assurance are bundled.

As for the proof : We have

Temporary Registration Certificate
Life Tax Receipt
Insurance Policy
Numerous eMails from Mahavir Auto and Skoda India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I do admire your determination and righteousness. Not to dissuade you from your choice to take the legal course, but you may wish to consider the following:

- There is a member 'harishv' on the forum who also decided to take matters to the courts after a Skoda dealership 'stole' parts from his car, the issue is still not solved after more than 5 years.
(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-5-years.html)

- You not paying the EMIs would only cause your credit rating to plummet, the bank reclaiming your car, and them sending their money collectors after you (read - goons).
We stopped the loan dispersal. We have informed Kotak Mahindra about the dispute and requested them to hold the loan dispersal till the issue is settled.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th July 2013 at 09:37.
Old 20th July 2013, 00:42   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

And what do you expect the Court's verdict to be after an agonizing fight extending over several years? They would not really offer you too much monetary compensation and at tops would ask Skoda to give you a new car or return the money with some interest etc. Not really worth the effort because except you no one will be tortured in this whole mess.
I too feel you should take a refund and move on to something else. The Vento perhaps?

PS: Is anyone in your family a lawyer?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 07:46   #28
BHPian

I agree with the post above. The court will offer you not more than what is already being offered at the moment i.e. a new car or refund. And by the looks of our system, it will take you lot more time and money.

About punishing them for forgery and other cheating charges; are all the other companies they submitted the forged documents joining in the case? If not then not much will happen there too.

The best way to punish them is:
1. Take your money back and take the business somewhere else
2. After that, publicize this issue on the net and other avenues, so potential buyers stay away from Skoda in your state.

Hit them where it hurts the most: sales. Nothing else will bring a change.
Old 20th July 2013, 10:35   #29
BHPian

Wanting the same car after all this - NO NO.

1. Why do you want a car when the delaer or the manufacturer doesn't want you. if Skoda was with you and the dealer was doing wrong, you can still go with the car. That's not the case here.

2. The car is going to be with for long time. You have to go to them for service and spares. Even if they agree for all free service and spares as you demand, you cannot trust them to honour their words given the experience so far. What if "the spares are not available and it takes 3 weeks to get simple part". You can't do anything and you will be at their mercy. And you be sure that they won't be cooperative.

Remember, Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
Old 20th July 2013, 10:53   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me try to understand the options they have provided
1. You are getting a 2013 car at the price of an 2012 car which you were going to take earlier (a cool discount of 1.1L)
2. On a refund option, they have offered to pay 18% on your cheque amount ~= 4.6L (an increase of 70k)
3. You have stopped the loan disbursal, which would mean that the dealer has already given you the car without full payment (at the worst you should be penalized a few Ks by the bank for the cancellation of the loan, if it happens)
4. You have (legal-worthy) documents which state the car as Ambient Plus while the car isn't, clearly showcasing fraud on part of the dealer.

Well currently you seem to be in quite a good situation, but all depending on how you take this forward.

I'm no lawyer, nor am I well-versed in this kind of situation; but I'd recommend the threat of courts would do you a lot more good than actually going to the courts. No wonder the options given by the dealer (1. & 2.) are in your favor. But act fast, get yourself a better deal (which you are attempting currently) if possible, and close the case at the earliest.

IMHO - I'd take the refund-exit route. A gift (to your father) can be re-done. You have lost the trust of the dealer; and you are going to be dependent on him for the next few years. Not a good situation to place your father into. An easier option would be to head to VW, and get the 100% identical car Vento.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks