Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 11:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahavir Skoda (Hyderabad) Cheats. Customer-NO-Care@skoda-india!

+1 to Ninjatalli's observation. Rapid is a beautiful car no doubt. But if you need to have the car for 4-5 years and will fully depend upon the same fraudulent dealer for service, please pick up the refund and move on. I know we all want to teach a lesson to these large corporate houses so that they will not take the consumer for granted.

If you have the patience to endure all the pain and effort to take this fight to the court, you have my best wishes. I hope you succeed.
Old 20th July 2013, 13:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

I for one think that if they offered a full refund, they must know that this is a HUGE mess-up on their side and might be afraid of the consequences. It really is nice to see someone take a stand though I myself would save the mental and financial agony.
Old 22nd July 2013, 00:34   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith View Post
Mr. Pradeep Gandhi, CEO, Mahavir Skoda calls me and says as he cannot procure a 2012 model they’ll either refund your money or give us a 2013 model if we pay the price difference. We refused, saying they cheated.

He then says “Yes, cheating happened, now what??”

RTI Act on Skoda India for providing the information about the car manufacturer variant when provided with the VIN.
- You can't use the RTI Act against private companies.

- In my opinion, take a full refund and walk out. Take a written apology from Mahavir/Pradeep Gandhi for what he said, apologising for cheating you, the way he spoke to you etc etc and you in return you can offer them a written assurance that you won't pursue this further in a court of law.
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
This is a very bad experience with Mahavir Motors. Having booked my Ambition Plus with them, I too am a bit skeptical about the car now. The main issue, there is no way, you can make out if it is Ambition or Ambition Plus just by looking at it as there is no badge on the car, which specifies this.
Did you take delivery of the car ?

Which offer did you opt for ? Discount / Accessories ?

What is the OTR you are getting the car at ?

Too many questions.. I know.. but curious..
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:40   #35
BHPian

Did you take delivery of the car ?
No, I am yet to take the delivery of the Car.

Which offer did you opt for ? Discount / Accessories ?
I opted for the Accessories offer. Was offered the Discount or Accessories.

What is the OTR you are getting the car at?
10.83 is the OTR of the Car.

Hope these answer your questions.
Old 29th July 2013, 19:23   #36
BANNED

Quote:

We are ready to make an example of this case, how ever long and what ever resources it is going to take.
Any sincere lawyer friend will tell you to exit when you are given a very good option to do so. What makes you so sure that you will not lose the case in the courts? Your approach seems to have an inference that you will win in the court and the "court will teach the dealer a lesson". This may not be so and the dealer may, with the help of a good lawyer, even win the case in this court and at every appellate stage too and what will you do then? And if the dealer agrees to compensate you, then there really is no case that will stand up in court as he has already accepted his fault which is the reason for offering you compensation.

You have to decide whether you are here to teach people lessons or enjoy the automotive experience.

I had put up a thread which covered this point and others: (point 7)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...opean-car.html

But I think you've already made up your mind despite several people advising you to the contrary. So good luck.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 19:37   #37
Team-BHP Support

Want to take Skoda (or their dealer) to court? You might want to read through Harish's thread first. Five years and counting (?) for a much more serious offence by the Skoda dealer, and it doesn't look like anything will happen anytime soon.

Going to court is all fine and dandy, but you need to keep in mind it's hardly ever about truth and justice once you get there. More often than not, it's about who has more money and the better lawyer. IPC has more holes than your regular fishing net.

Cynical? Probably. Practical? Definitely.

Take the refund (while it's still available) and walk away.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th July 2013 at 19:39.
Old 31st July 2013, 22:49   #38
BHPian

@All : The issue has been settled amicably, with the utmost satisfaction to both the parties, ie. We and Mahavir Auto and we have taken the delivery of the car.

@Mods : Please close this thread with a Happy Ending.
Old 1st August 2013, 06:01   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@All : The issue has been settled amicably, with the utmost satisfaction to both the parties, ie. We and Mahavir Auto and we have taken the delivery of the car.
So what was the final solution reached? How forthcoming was Skoda in solving your problem in the end? Please elaborate on the above so that the readers know.
Old 1st August 2013, 08:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:

@Mods : Please close this thread with a Happy Ending.
@DarkLordOfSith : Congratulations & Cheers to another positive Skoda Experience !
However, Do share the remediation & positive experiences in detail so that others can benefit from the same.

Quote:
We want the Service, so that we are not cheated again.
We only want the free insurance as compensation.
Quote:
I want the compensation and service assurance because of this ordeal.

As long as the car is New, Not registered previously, Not used as a Test Drive vehicle, Red in color, Ambition Plus variant -> I'll gracefully accept, if the compensation and service assurance are bundled.
Was a New Car provided ? Insurance/Assurance ? Compensation ?
What happened that changed your all-along bitter experience to suddenly a very positive & win-win situation as you mentioned ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
This is a very bad experience with Mahavir Motors. Having booked my Ambition Plus with them, I too am a bit skeptical about the car now.
@traveloholic : Better news I guess ! When is your delivery ? All the best !

Cheers,
Old 1st August 2013, 10:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Glad to know the matter was settled amicably. Looks like some negative publicity on popular automotive forums does help.
Cheers, and have a safe and enjoyable drive with Rapid.
Old 1st August 2013, 11:10   #42
BHPian

From the looks of it - the dealership did try to make amends. Of course, they initially thought they would pass off a lower variant and the consumer will not be able to tell the difference. They probably have already done that on a few occasions. All's well that ends well. India does need consumer protection laws which can be implemented with a stiff penalty for dealers like this - else people will continue to get fooled.
Old 1st August 2013, 17:08   #43
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually Mahavir was once of the first Dealers to set up a 3S facility from day one. Very few Skoda dealers were willing to invest so much money in the initial stages. Based on the dealers background and fact that he has other dealerships, I was sure that a solution would have been found.

Happy that the resolution has been done amicably.

Enjoy your ride. All the best

Cheers

KPS
Old 1st August 2013, 18:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

I usually maintain that Mahavir Dealers (Skoda, Mercedes and Porsche in the future) have always given a pretty good experience and they've won several awards for being the best Skoda dealers in India. That's why you don't here of many horror stories in Hyd.
Glad to hear things were sorted out. The partners are realy honest people who are dedicated to offering no nonsense service
Old 1st August 2013, 18:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We bought a Skoda Rapid Ambition Plus from Mahavir Auto on 26 June 2013.
I've not seen a trim by the name Ambition Plus. I guess this is a dealer created trim to sell off the ambition trims as I hear they're soon going to be phased off. Did you not do sufficient ground work?

Quote:
During delivery, we noticed that the electrically adjustable OVRM are missing and Chrome trim was missing.
Electrically adjustable OVRMs come as a default. Do you mean to say they were missing when you were taking delivery of the vehicle? Atleast that's what I understood from the sentence. If yes, why did you take delivery? You should have refused right away!

Quote:
* How did a Skoda ICE system get installed in an Ambition variant?
If you indeed say it was from the factory that this happened, I would proceed legally against Skoda India on the same.
Is their Quality Control so poor? That they cannot differentiate an Ambition and an Ambition Plus?
That they cannot hear the rear speakers not playing/ not being installed?
It is technically possible to add a Skoda music system to the ambition variant and to what I know, the ambition variant comes with the swing audio system. Do you mean to say you were offered an Ambition trim without an audio system and then an ambition plus system with the music system?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks