Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Where is this stock yard located ?
It's in Kalamasserry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelocity View Post
Going by the top pictures, the interiors could have had a bad hit. All those cushions would have got soaked. These pictures are eye openenrs for the people planning to buy the vehicle from this particular dealer.
I shared the pictures to help potential customers to know the state of the vehicles. If Renault sees this, I guess I will get a call from them asking me to remove the pics. Or after they see my signature they will claim that it's a photoshop work. (something what I experienced at their showroom where they tried to degrade Ecosport)
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 15:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Interior is least of the worry , I think buyers should be more worried about longevity of mechanicals such as bearings , drive shafts , exhaust system , and suspension components and also engine peripherals and electrical components if they are submerged.

A simple example if you are doing water fording for a few minutes in a moving vehicle and do not go for bearing greasing be assured that bearings will be shot in less then a year. Here the whole vehicle is standing in water for extended period.
Old 8th August 2013, 16:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
No car is sealed air tight. Water wading will keep the seepage out, because there is momentum and you are not stranded for long. In this case these vehicles are pretty much dipped in water.....
They will refurbish and sell it as new. A nice polish and the car will look as good as new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It's in Kalamasserry.

I shared the pictures to help potential customers to know the state of the vehicles. I......
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Interior is least of the worry , I think buyers should be more worried about longevity of mechanicals such as bearings , drive shafts , exhaust system , and suspension components and also engine peripherals and electrical components if they are submerged.
I guess once the rain holds back the flood will automatically recede. The Duster is designed to take a lot of beating but since it has been 'dipped' for a while I guess it will have some real maintenance work to be done to make it road worthy.

I've had the experience of water leak into my Duster, since repaired, but it took a while for the stench to go. I'm sure all the vehicles in this lot will have that problem. Of course, the electronics would have short circuited by now.

Naveen, someone has lifted your pic and posted in Renault Duster India fans page on FB. Here is the link. I think you should have watermarked the pics.
Old 8th August 2013, 16:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelocity View Post
Going by the top pictures, the interiors could have had a bad hit. All those cushions would have got soaked. These pictures are eye openenrs for the people planning to buy the vehicle from this particular dealer.
I would say just because there was so much on the internet about this dealer, people buying from other dealers should also be beware, they might move these cars around to other dealers to get them on the market. Anyone buying a new Renault perhaps in Kerala/TN should be super careful.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Anyone buying a new Renault perhaps in Kerala/TN should be super careful.
Look for signs of rusting. The weld spots will be bluish-grey in color and not brown.

These cars are most likely to be built in the month of July, might not be older stock. So check vehicle document.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:44   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Naveen, someone has lifted your pic and posted in Renault Duster India fans page on FB. Here is the link. I think you should have watermarked the pics.
No issues. Those are not clicked by me. Got it from my friend.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
No issues. Those are not clicked by me. Got it from my friend.
Oh! So who is the real photographer?

I'm sure Renault is already working on this. This is not going to look good on their sales charts considering that the sales figures in the automobile sector is already taking a beating. The monsoon has really dampened sales last couple of months and this is really something Renault can't afford. I'm sure this entire lot has to be recalled and reworked inside out. Pity.

Surely this can't be as bad as this or even this ;-)

Last edited by woodcrawler : 8th August 2013 at 18:01. Reason: To add links
woodcrawler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 18:18   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Oh! So who is the real photographer?

I'm sure Renault is already working on this. This is not going to look good on their sales charts considering that the sales figures in the automobile sector is already taking a beating. The monsoon has really dampened sales last couple of months and this is really something Renault can't afford. I'm sure this entire lot has to be recalled and reworked inside out. Pity.

Surely this can't be as bad as this or even this ;-)
No idea who the photographer is. Yes, this is really bad for Renault. First it was the Ecosport and now this. This incident will not directly affect the figures as this is just one dealer but they will have to work hard to bring it up, especially the dealer here at Cochin.
Old 9th August 2013, 17:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody planning to buy any Renault cars in Cochin soon? Well, beware!
In the second picture you posted, it's very clear that the water has seeped in. Look at the Headlight section and there's water inside! Just hope that these lemons are not sold to unsuspecting customers. The extent of the damage is quite big and not sure how the dealer will get compensated?

What is the obligation of a manufacturer once the car leaves the factory and received as "delivered in good condition" at the dealership yard? Renault could very well wash their hands and blame the dealership's inability to stock the cars in a proper place.
Old 9th August 2013, 18:47   #25
P76
BHPian

I think Renault does not have any sort of say in this over the dealer. The dealers do have Insurance for those cars in their yard, and their entire stock of cars are covered against any sort of damage. Incase there are cars which do not have any water ingress inside the cabin, the dealer may easily sell them by just giving a through wash, after a proper check/replacement of fluids.
However the fate of those vehicles with water ingress needs to be seen.
Old 10th August 2013, 01:15   #26
BHPian

Sad waste of so many Dusters that would in the normal course be off to eager buyers. The dealer would have insurance, but what happens to these cars? Do they get refurbished and sold at a discount, or scrapped? Getting them back to operational order will cost time, effort and resources.

Any one with insights on how dealers, manufacturers normally deal with this kind of thing? I am sure this is not the first time a dealer is getting stocks affected due to bad weather and flooding etc.
Old 10th August 2013, 11:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
It's in Kalamasserry.
Another picture that was clicked by a mutual friend on FB, shows d aerial view of the yard and the surroundings. Taken from the Summit Suite hotel.

Flooding at the dealer's stockyard-duster.jpg

Source: Facebook - Nelgin Joseph
Safin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 15:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Another picture that was clicked by a mutual friend on FB, shows d aerial view of the yard and the surroundings.
Looks like the idiots are attempting to drive out the vehicles. They are going to get the engines damaged.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 20:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

Looks like the idiots are attempting to drive out the vehicles. They are going to get the engines damaged.
Doesn't look like the engine can be turned On. Dealership will surely not attempt to crank a car submerged knee deep with silencer below the water. They might have to bear the damages.
Old 10th August 2013, 20:35   #30
BHPian

re: Flooding at the dealer's stockyard

I don't know what the dealer or renault will do eventually. But, usually the dealer yard vehicles are usually insured. Usually, the insurance companies auction off the vehicles.
I doubt that these vehicles will be deliberately sold to customers unless the dealer deliberately wants to do so.

Thanks,
Simple_car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks