Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2013, 18:13   #31
BHPian

re: Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore

Here is the invoice for the 1st service -

Had been to 3M Care today in JP Nagar. Time had come for an inspection of the under body coating that was done in May this year.

The loose wires, courtesy Surya Nissan Service Center, can be seen in the pics that follow. Got them fixed under the bumper with the 3M double side adhesive tape.

As seen in the following pics, underbody coating had taken a hit due to an intense monsoon this year, plus the under body scraping almost 4 times during our trip to Coorg in August (5 adults on board plus luggage).

Found these additives at 3M Care today. Haven't bought it as I wasn't sure if it really does what it says. May be experts can comment on this.

Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 22:42   #32
BHPian

First free service does not seem to be anywhere near free. Why? Why did they do wheel balancing and wheel alignment as part of first free service?
Old 18th January 2014, 16:35   #33

I am in the process of getting delivery of a Sunny CVT from Shahwar Nissan (Queen's Rd). Reading the above review sends shivers down my spine. Hats off to Safety is Param for getting this review on file and making novices such as myself aware of potential pitfalls of dealing with SA's and their promises.

I've been promised a bunch of freebies, which after reading the thread, I'd take assurance in writing. Will let you know of my experience in a few weeks .
SidBanerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 15:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBanerjee View Post
I've been promised a bunch of freebies, which after reading the thread, I'd take assurance in writing. Will let you know of my experience in a few weeks .
The irony is, even after having it in writing, they fail to honor their commitments. Please make sure you have all you are entitled to before you move your car out of the showroom.

You would be surprised to learn that I am still awaiting the pending items.

I was assured on September 27 last year, as indicated in this thread on October 3, by none other than the AGM of Sales.

Till September 27, I only had it in writing from the Sales Executive, but later I also had it acknowledged by the latter.

It's been 4 months, and SURYA NISSAN has still not got 4 Nissan branded cushions from their vendor?

Last edited by Safety is Param : 21st January 2014 at 15:30.
Old 21st January 2014, 20:30   #35
BHPian

my experience with Shahwar Nissan has been equally abysmal. They are least interested to follow up on a possible deal.

I've expressed interest in buying a Terrano and they are :
  • Not committing to sending me a performa invoice citing an anticipated price hike
  • Not willing to invoice at the older rates in the absence of clarity on the new rates in spite of me following up for 3 weeks now.
  • Neither take up calls nor have the courtesy to call back when customers attempt to call them.
  • Have a take it or leave it' attitude. when i expressed my interest to meet up personally with the SA he was not willing to stay back after 6 neither interested to show up on a Sunday.

Given this attitude, i shudder to think what the post sale experience ought to be.

Last edited by vinayak007 : 21st January 2014 at 20:33.
Old 22nd January 2014, 06:25   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak007 View Post
my experience with Shahwar Nissan has been equally abysmal. They are least interested to follow up on a possible deal.
Is this the Queens Road office? Their SA (Mr Dhananjay) has been gracious with me all through. Informed me about price hike and gave a rough estimate (though I'm buying at 2013 prices, he said the vehicle will be registered as 2014) of how prices will look in 2014. They genuinely haven't got the price list, also they're all gearing up for the Datsun Go launch. I heard from my SA that they're launching a revamped Teana this year. It is quite easy to work out OTR Price based on a price hike (please inbox me for details on how to go about it).

Also, I had a problem with my first loan application as the bank wanted 2 years residential proof, while I've been in Bangalore only for 1.5 years. So, the SA and team got it through an NBFC with prompt follow up. SA visited my apartment to analyse parking space and collect pre-invoicing documents.

I heard from my SA that the Kasturba Road Shahwar Nissan office has been a miserable lot after a brand new Terrano got stolen from their parking lot (theft happened on 31/12/13 and was reported in Bangalore Mirror. I had seen this vehicle parked there with keys inside on 24/12/13 when I had gone for CVT TD. I informed the guard about it but he said they're aware of the key in the Terrano). I guess they had it coming.

The Shahwar Nissan stockyard is in Manyata Tech Park (I work in the same area), so I am going today to check the vehicle out with a friend of mine.
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:06   #37
BHPian

I don't understand why people buy Nissan cars in India. Besides sales, their after sales service is not proven to be good, especially in Bangalore. I have narrated my bitter experience with Shahwar Nissan in couple threads. Basically they could not deliver me Micra CVT for over 2 months after promising a delivery date of couple weeks. Almost fought to get my money back. I do understand the models and features in Nissan cars are quite tempting but we need to look beyond sales and initial ownership. 75% of cars coming out of the Nissan factory are exported to UK and other countries. India market is 2nd class for Nissan. And I think the India market is outsourced to Hover.
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:36   #38
BHPian

The 2nd service is due this month, and I plan to get it done on the 15th.

As such, there are no issues requiring immediate attention, except pt-3 below.

Following are the items I intend to get addressed -

1) Loose wires hanging below the rear bumper after the 1st service need to be fixed. So far, I have been fixing them manually, but they loose out each week. Need a permanent fix for this.

2) The AC fan makes a click-click sound, that can be heard only when all windows are rolled up and engine switched off (or when engine is switched on, but there isn't any traffic on the road)

3) A urine-kind-of-stench (got no better words to express) that emanates from the AC vents only when the blower is switched to External Air mode. The smell goes away after 2 minutes, but it's quite evident during those 2 mins. There's no issue in Recirculation mode. And yes, I do use a car perfume, which otherwise has a strong aroma to nullify any such stench. Not sure what's causing this, but I need to take care of this, permanently, before anyone feels uncomfortable during those 2 mins. I strongly believe that our apartment parking lot has no rats, but I can't prove it. Especially my parking spot, the watch man and his family sleep pretty adjacent to it, so I believe it shouldn't be rat-infested.

4) The vehicle has done 13,000 kms, and the oil was changed during the 1st service (@5000 kms). So, post 1st service, it has done almost 8000 kms (including 2 long trips of 1400 & 875 kms resp.)and I will ask them for an oil-change irrespective of what the manual says. I plan to stick to Mineral Oil because - as per my current plans, I will go for an oil-change during each service, assuming that the vehicle will be running for at least 7500 kms between 2 consecutive services. The stipulated intervals between 2 services is 10,000 kms.

5) Wheel Balancing / Rotation / Alignment was done during 1st service. So, I am not that inclined on doing it this time, though the car has travelled to Goa, Pondicherry and Mysore-Bandipur after that (this is just to give an idea of the roads).

I am yet to refer to the Service Manual, which contains the exact manufacturer-recommended specifications, however, the points mentioned above are just my thoughts. At the end of the day, I would be aligning as close to the manufacturer's recommendations as possible.

Since there are wiser wo/men on this forum, I would request inputs from them, in order to mete out the best possible treatment to my beloved SUNNY!!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 3rd March 2014 at 17:37.
Old 3rd March 2014, 18:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
5) Wheel Balancing / Rotation / Alignment was done during 1st service.
Why was wheel balancing/Rotation/Alignment done during 1st service? Did you pay for that or was it free?
Old 3rd March 2014, 18:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
Why was wheel balancing/Rotation/Alignment done during 1st service? Did you pay for that or was it free?
No sir, it wasn't free. I paid 700/- for that, indicated in the scanned copy of the bill here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3257663

A mistake I made at that time was to not check the Service Manual whether the 1st service warranted a wheel Rotation / Alignment / Balancing. I didn't exercise due diligence, hence, am not blaming them for that, considering the fact that expecting honesty and professionalism from service centers is too much to ask (pls read with sarcasm)!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 3rd March 2014 at 18:37.
Old 8th March 2014, 20:22   #41
BHPian

Had been to Pondicherry from March 1 through 3.

Wanted to upload pics since long, but somehow got delayed due to over-packed schedule.

Finally, managed some time today and am completing this long-pending task.

Will keep text at the minimum and let the pics do the talking -

Had planned an early morning start by my standards, i.e. 06:00 hrs; instead, managed to start only at the stroke of 07:00!!!

Toll Booth upon descending the Electronic City Elevated Toll-way

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03628.jpg

The light turns Green, and here we go -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03631.jpg

Passing through Hosur, the sky was yet to open up, though the Sun played hide & seek -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03641.jpg

Soon we were in company of some nicely dressed up bikers-

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03645.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03646.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03648.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03649.jpg

Soon we reached the Krishnagiri Toll -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03651.jpg

Greetings from my home-town -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03657.jpg

On the Chennai highway now -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03658.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03659.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03661.jpg

This is not to indicate speed, but the recipe for Best Mileage -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03667.jpg

Can't stop admiring these -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03684.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03686.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03689.jpg

Spot the train -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03691.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03700.jpg

Soon we reached one more toll. This one was like waiting for vehicles -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03693.jpg

The view outside was good, at least not boring -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03713.jpg

Bypassing Vellore -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03732.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03733.jpg

Soon we were on SH-5. There were a lot of "kachhi imli" trees on the way. Stopped by one and plucked some -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03734.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03735.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03736.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140203_180707.jpg

SH-5

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03738.jpg

Welcome to Pondicherry -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03739.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03745.jpg

Welcome to the Hotel -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03753.jpg

Last edited by Safety is Param : 8th March 2014 at 20:29.
Old 8th March 2014, 20:55   #42
BHPian

Reached Ginger, Pondicherry in about 6 hrs and 45 mins, which roughly includes 6 hrs of driving time -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03754.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03755.jpg

Had some quick bites at the attached CCD outlet in the hotel and headed straight to the Marine Drive of Pondicherry. Asked the guy on Activa whether it was safe to park. He said - "Unofficially yes, but officially No"...Moved the car ahead to the parking spot exactly opposite to Mahatma Gandhi's statue -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03756.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03766.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03767.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03768.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03769.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03770.jpg

Auroville -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03790.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03793.jpg

Beach on ECR, near Auroville. Can view the Light House as well.

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03794.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03799.jpg

We had dinner at The Promenade, located on the Marine Drive, facing The Bay of Bengal. They serve only Barbeque on the terrace, so please don't expect Subji-Roti stuff if you plan to dine on the terrace. Food was okay; would rate 7/10.

Sunday, March 2

Some pics of the Vintage Car Rally -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_080822.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_080638.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_080850.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084329.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084302.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084356.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084408.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084427.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084525.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084546.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084603.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084613.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084624.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084707.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084716.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084745.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_084829.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_085110.jpg
Old 8th March 2014, 23:15   #43
BHPian

We then proceeded to Paradise Beach. This beach can be accessed only after one travels for 3 kms in the back waters. The boats are good, and the beach is worth the wait. It was easily one of the best beaches I have been till date.

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_130010.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03818.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03819.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03832.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03835.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_131006.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_131021.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_132434.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03839.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03845.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03860.jpg

My wife began from where she had left off in Goa -

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03849.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03859.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-dsc03866.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_160834.jpg

It is better one gets food along with them here on the beach. There was fried rice available, however, we didn't fathom it to be hygienic and hence, gave it a miss.

After having breakfast at 08:00 hrs, we were able to lay hands on food again only at 16:30 hrs.

The Secretariat. There is a famous Coffee Shop near it, selling mini-samosas as well.

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140202_173929.jpg

We also realized we needed more time on Paradise Beach and hence, decided to plan another trip to Pondicherry too. The 3 hrs we spent there were just not enough.

The beach is free of crabs and there are sufficient changing rooms available. The sea too is not deep till quite a distance.

We returned to the hotel and saw this Swift, registered in one of the north-eastern states (not the 7 sisters).

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140203_073943.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140203_073955.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140203_074015.jpg

Monday, March 3

We started at 12 noon and reached BSK 3rd Stage, Bangalore at 20:00 hrs. As mentioned in the Bangalore-Pondicherry route thread, we lost 45 mins as we were on the wrong road after Vandavasi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3361751

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3374158

At Shoolagiri, we took a break of almost an hour, since we had driven non-stop from Pondicherry.

Traffic at Hosur was horrible, and so was the queue at NICE Toll after Electronic City.

All in all, a very good trip, and we would be definitely visiting Pondy again, pretty soon.

We need to do justice to the Paradise Beach

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140203_200805.jpg

Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore-20140203_200818.jpg
Old 29th March 2014, 08:37   #44
BHPian

Will be heading for 2nd service in an hour from now. Will post the experience and bill details in the evening.

Thanks!
Old 1st April 2014, 12:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Will be heading for 2nd service in an hour from now.
Completed the service on Saturday, March 29.

The vehicle was handed over at 11:00 hrs and we received it back at 16:30.

The total cost of the 2nd service came to INR 5300/- , inclusive of taxes.

All issues were addressed.

Have driven the car for approximately 50 kms after service, and I am satisfied with the performance.

I would like to mention here that the washing, cleaning and wiping the car dry jobs were done pretty horribly, to say the least.

It was only after my wife and I persisted that they cleaned the car to our satisfaction. And no, this was not a part of any package, but just the basic cleaning work one expects when the car is serviced in an authorized service center.

We left the service center giving them 2 suggestions -

1) When the car is taken to the bay, and headlights and turn indicators checked for, please do not test the wipers with the glass dry. In my case, there was dust already on the windshield, plus more would have gathered as we traveled 18 kms to the service center from our home. If the wipers are tested on dry glass, I see no reason why would there be no scratch marks on the windshield.

2) Give the customer an option of having a brand new micro fibre cloth to wipe the car dry after a wash. Please charge customers extra if they opt for this service. But please do not keep using the same soiled cloth again and again on all cars. There are owners who are emotionally attached with their vehicles and they definitely do not appreciate this.

Will upload the scanned copy of the bill along with other details pretty soon.

Over all rating -

1) Service Quality & Issues Addressed - 9/10

2) Post service jobs before handing over the car - 4/10

Thanks for reading!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks