Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:28   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Volkswagen dealer (Apple Auto) takes 4 months to repair Polo. No Delivery Yet!

Sreehari Sudhakaran from Bangalore drops the following email.

Photos attached were taken on 2nd August 2013:
Volkswagen dealer (Apple Auto) takes 4 months to repair Polo. No Delivery Yet!-car1.jpg

Volkswagen dealer (Apple Auto) takes 4 months to repair Polo. No Delivery Yet!-car.jpg

Quote:
I own a Volkswagen Polo Trendline Model 2011
with vehicle no KA **** **18 and chassis no WVWH********290.

My car hit a speed breaker, causing underbody damage on 8th April 2013 and was towed to Carnation Auto which was a closer destination.

Later, it was towed to Apple Auto Volkswagen Whitefield, Bangalore, stating unavailability of spare parts on 19th of April 2013.

From then on, almost every weekend, I am visiting Apple Auto Volkswagen Whitefield and got the reply that spare parts are not available. There was no other communication from their end.

I waited for 3 and a half months but nothing turned up. I went again on 2nd August 2013. We insisted to show the vehicle, nothing was done!!

Then, we spoke to the body shop manager who promised to deliver the vehicle on 12th August 2013. Till now, they have been postponing the date of delivery.

Now everyday, keeping my profession aside, I have to ride almost 60 Kms to and fro to have a check on the vehicle status. It has become the biggest headache for me.

I believed in Brand Volkswagen, and never expected such treatment from Apple Auto Volkswagen Whitefield.

Till date I have not received the vehicle.
Related Thread
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen dealer (Apple Auto) takes 4 months to repair Polo. No Delivery Yet!

These stories are getting increasingly common with the Germans.
They have beautiful products, but the back-up for the ownership lifecycle is a big concern. In spite of the steeper parts costs for the Germans, as compared to many other manufacturers, the down-time is really unacceptable.
I have personally, been sitting on the fence for the past two months for a GT TSI (or possibly another automatic city runabout), and in spite of loving everything about the car, am unable to repose my trust on this brand, notwithstanding the concerns around the gearbox.

On a sidenote, this is the 4th or 5th time I am hearing of a Polo with underbody damage. Is this really a very common problem, and if so, should it not be improved upon by VW, keeping in mind typical Indian conditions?
roy_libran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:05   #3
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen dealer (Apple Auto) takes 4 months to repair Polo. No Delivery Yet!

This Fraulein has suffered the wrath of bangalore's totally unnecessary dime a dozen himalayan sized speed breakers.

Assuming that it is not engine damage would it take 4 months to repair the same?
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
This Fraulein has suffered the wrath of bangalore's totally unnecessary dime a dozen himalayan sized speed breakers.

Assuming that it is not engine damage would it take 4 months to repair the same?
Even assuming that it is an engine damage, would it take 4 months? Incidents like these are the ones which put off the customer's trust, esp when you are a new brand in India. This is totally unacceptable and this is a major undone to all the efforts that VW & Skoda are putting to win the trust on Indians after the initial multiple fiasco.
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Companies are now focusing more on sales figures rather than improving their dealership network. Volkswagen and Skoda are known for their poor after sales experience and incidents like these further influence the decision of potential customers.

In no case a repair job should take 4 months. It is high time manufacturers realize that after sales service is equally (or rather more) important than just trying to make bigger sales numbers.
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:05   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
An engine rebuild / replacement shouldn't take more than 2 weeks (upper limit) for a mainstream car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks