Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 17:38   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
I complete understand your feelings! Dont spare them, I would suggest, get the refund and get out of this mess altogether, irrespective of whether you like the car or not, when the company is not trustworthy and lacks customer service all together why continue with them?

Don't opt for the useless freebies! Do let us know the final outcome and surely let me know if you need any help.
Thank you xuv2390. thinking on the same lines. Tolerating Mahindra and the ways their dealerships operate is getting more and more difficult. Waiting to see where this leads. Will definitely touch base if I need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Driiive!

There are other ways of looking at the same situation.

1. You can get a replacement and stick with the same service-center for your service/repair needs. M&M is not going to pick up the tab for a malpractice at the dealer's end. This would teach such a huge lesson to the service center that they would never touch at least your vehicle with any inappropriate intent.

2. You can get a refund and go for a vehicle from another brand (may be a Skoda Yeti or a Fortuner). This way you start from scratch. There is no guarantee again that the new service-center of a different manufacturer would not try to cheat you.

In a way, the first option is "remove the leech, clean the wound and then step on the leech a couple times so that it doesn't bite you again" and the second option is "remove the leech, clean the wound and then step into another leech-infested puddle"

PS: If you are not happy with the vehicle itself, please get a refund and move on. Brilliant opportunity.
Love the "step on the leech a couple of times so that it doesn't bite you again" line. Though I would love to do this, i'm now probably veering to doing a complete refund and not a replacement.
Enough heartburn in the first couple of months to last a lifetime. Plan to start the fireworks in a day odd depending on whether / what their response is.

Note from Support: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.

Last edited by Eddy : 5th September 2013 at 21:37.
Old 5th September 2013, 18:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driiive! View Post
Companies should learn that they cannot use consumers as guinea pigs. AND top it up with dishonest, unethical practices in their workshops / authorized centres to make a quick buck.
Way to go Driiive, it is high time they realise they cannot get away with cheating.

Wish I had taken the same initiative 5 years back, but anyways despite being associated with M&M vehicles for over 22 years (including my first driving experience), I am afraid to touch the XUV now and looking around the market for alternatives.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 21:44   #33

Another update. They haven't bothered to call or respond to my emails. So I called the GM of G3 today evening. Their stand is that they will repair all faults in my car (i've given them a list) but will not take the car back.
So, I now start action on this. Also intimated them that I will be now initiating with the following acts, not necessarily in the same order:

Intimation to Mr.Anand Mahindra about this sorry state of affairs in his company
Update on various social media forums to let the general public know at large the real story of the Mahindra XUV and the service centres(I have a few forums. If anyone can refer more public forums will be greatly appreciated)
Filing of a case with the consumer court based on this theft at the authorized service centre / long list of quality issues with a brand new car
An article in the newspapers on this theft and the consumer court case filed. As of now I have access to just one newspaper, and am working on more. Also planning to include testimonies by existing XUV owners about the sorry state of the vehicle

Now with the attitude they have been giving me, am hell bent on going all out to nail these guys. Need all the help I can get peoples..!

Cheers and wish me luck!
Driiive! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 09:28   #34
BHPian

When we ordered our XUV500 AWD from the GOA dealer (povorim) we also paid for the Mahindra carrier to be fitted (12,000 INR) when we collect the car the carrier fitted is dented so we ask for a replacement to be supplied. OK but you will have to take to the service centre, no problem and we arranged to take it there a few days later. When we ghet there they then supply the real M&M part as what they had fitted was after market (cost 3500) and kept teh real part we had paid for. I have been in contact with M&M and the Mumbai area sales manager is looking into it. I pointed that the dealers are not owned by M&M but they are ripping off their customers all the same and it looks bad for M&M. I am British but wife very much Indian but does not look Indian as her parents are Irish and German so they tried to rip us off thinking we know nothing, thats till wife rips into them in Hindi then see the fur fly. So we wait to see what M&M have to say. Also the proper part looks so much better and we are very happy with the car so far.

Ken
Old 29th September 2013, 09:58   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driiive! View Post
Now with the attitude they have been giving me, am hell bent on going all out to nail these guys. Need all the help I can get peoples..!

Cheers and wish me luck!
Write to https://www.facebook.com/Pehredaar as well. Have seen quite a few auto cases here. TV broadcast will get your issue noticed at the broadest levels.
Old 29th September 2013, 10:01   #36
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Driiive!, any update on the issue? Hope it has been resolved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks