Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 18:36   #1
BHPian

KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Hello All
I have (Safari GX 2010) bought from KHT Motors. I was issued an extended warranty document along with the delivery of the vehicle.

However recently during my service at Concorde Motors (hosur Road) i had requested for a change in a faulty switch of my AC under extended warranty. They came back stating KHT motors had not filed the extended warranty.

It appears like a scam by the sales adviser (of course not possible without the management involved) that by not filing the extended warranty they save that and only when a customer claims for an extended warranty this comes out.

I also know of another safari owner in the same situation.
It's 2 years past the vehicle is bought so can't apply for an extended warranty now.

How should one go about in this situation?
Please advise
thanks
keyan
Old 16th September 2013, 18:46   #2
v&v
Senior - BHPian

If you have the ew document and payment receipt then its a clear case 420.

Firstly write to kht marking a cc to tata motors should resolve.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 18:47   #3
BHPian

re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

I have the EW booklet (no receipt ) as it was a package deal part of the purchase
Old 16th September 2013, 18:57   #4
v&v
Senior - BHPian

IMO I got the bill for EW. Try to look for some details which mentions EW deal.
At least fire a mail to KHT and wait for their response.
Old 16th September 2013, 23:05   #5
BHPian

If you don't have receipt that any amount was paid towards the EW then also no issues. You have a document verifying that you opted for extended warranty. Have you talked directly to dealer to know what they have to say on this?

We all pay a total amount as a deal including all things like car cost, tax, road tax, basic kit etc and nobody asks for separate receipts from the dealer.

Keyank do check if you would have taken any final quotation from dealer where all details are mentioned, usually these are needed for car loan processing.

-
SS
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 23:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

I'll just PM you the number of one Mr.Suresh there. He's been rather helpful to me.

Also, in general, I've seen the dealership/company respond very proactively to help sort issues, so I doubt you'll have to go anywhere close to the law.

But its been 3 years! till now even you didn't realise?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 16th September 2013 at 23:48.
Old 17th September 2013, 10:15   #7
BHPian

thanks GrammarNazi for your assistance.

SS, i have the extended warranty booklet (see the attached scan EW with dealer stamp)
Attached Thumbnails
KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?-safari_gx_-tbhp.jpg  

KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?-ext-insurance-cover.jpg  

Old 17th September 2013, 11:05   #8
BHPian

These documents are enough to prove that you have opted for EW and dealer has not got the done. This is a case of cheating by dealer if TML rejects your claim for extended warranty.

Have you taken this to TML Customer Care by call or email?

Do keep this thread posted about the latest happening on this.

Surprisingly, I have got the EW document only, dealer has not given the booklet which you have shown.

Me too is facing similar problem will share my experience once I am done with my home work on this.

-
SS
Old 17th September 2013, 11:22   #9
BHPian

Hello All

This morning I called the processing company (http://globaladministration.net/) which is mentioned in the EW booklet back cover, they say it is the responsibility of the dealer to pay & register the EW. Neither my policy number nor the vehicle registration number exists in their records.

This EW was a joint TML & United India Insurance program and Global Administration was the processing firm. check their website link I have given above.

SS, I had emailed TML customer care 4 weeks or so back(no response from them till now) then I had called the toll free number and registered a complaint against KHT.
The booklet has detailed information on what is covered in EW and what is not covered.
keyank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 11:39   #10
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Have you contacted KHT ? What does they say ?
Old 17th September 2013, 13:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Have you contacted KHT ? What does they say ?
I have emailed KHT Motors the documents and also couriered the same to the Director and a copy to the TML Regional Customer support Manager.
Old 17th September 2013, 13:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

If time permits, i think you should just walk into their showroom and have a conversatiion with the senior guys at KHT.

Strange that TML hasnt responded for 4 weeks, coz, the experience with me is quite the opposite - i had written one gentle complain about a service experiene that i wasnt too happy with, and i got a flurry of calls from the service centre and TML for the next few days. Maybe, i think you should resend and check for a) their acknowledgement and b) a resolution
Old 17th September 2013, 15:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
Hello All

This morning I called the processing company (http://globaladministration.net/) which is mentioned in the EW booklet back cover, they say it is the responsibility of the dealer to pay & register the EW. Neither my policy number nor the vehicle registration number exists in their records.

This EW was a joint TML & United India Insurance program and Global Administration was the processing firm. check their website link I have given above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
If time permits, i think you should just walk into their showroom and have a conversatiion with the senior guys at KHT.

As suggested by jkrishnakj you should go to the showroom to know what they have to say on this.

Me too got in trouble when TML Customer Care over phone told me that the warranty is not applicable to my 2012 Safari. Yesterday I visited the showroom and inquired from them and they assured me that the system at TML might not be updated. Its really hard to believe and in case they have such software then they should upgrade this at the earliest.

As I was not given the EW booklet (for this I have to chase them now) so was not aware of processing company details which you shared, thanks for this information posted. I called Global Administration, Gurgaon on the number given on the website and there I talked to Mr. Tribhuvan and he checked the records and confirmed me that the warranty of my Safari is valid till 2016 (2 + 2).

With him I discussed your scenario as well and he told me that you should talk to the dealer and keep the TML in loop for early resolution of your problem.

It could be a mistake also at dealer end for not updating the processing company about the EW which you took for your Safari.

Just follow up harder and get what you paid for as you still have another 1 year left for EW.

-
SS
Old 17th September 2013, 18:54   #14
BHPian

Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

This is case of fraud.

You have to take these guys to task if you want to find a solution. Suggest you to file complete details to the dealer and TML, soft copy and written and keep records of the same. This would help in tracking the discussion. These guys are masters in dilly-dalying and misrepresenting facts.

4 weeks and no response from TML! Another example of fancy marketing terms doing little when it comes to ground realities. WhatNEXT TML?

Last edited by mac187 : 17th September 2013 at 18:57.
mac187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 19:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Along with the EW booklet, you must also got the EW certificate I hope. Even with no certificate, the booklet with the serial no is a sufficient proof that you have taken the EW. Write a strong worded mail to the dealer and if required confront the top officials of the dealer personally. Keep the Tata guys in loop too.

This is crazy. First we buy EW and then we need to ensure that its registered too.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed