Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 17:44   #1
BHPian

Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)

We had booked Honda Amaze from Courtesy Honda on 21st April. The process and delivery was smooth.

Experience
Before launch of Amaze
We arrived late at showroom around 5.30-6 pm. The showroom looked literally empty, 2-3 honda city and a brio on display. There was dust everywhere, but atleast a SA approached us. He said he would come to our home next day to give a TD (I never knew this also happens, even Hyundai SA said the same thing). Although, there was no follow up or TD by the SA. The experience was uninspiring.

After launch of Amaze
The showroom looked better, only one city and brio were on display rest of the space was consumed by Amaze.
My father went to take a TD of Amaze and talked to the Mr Ajay. Later that day I went to take the TD and the SA helped me get it even though the TDs were stopped(it was 6pm and dark there) and I forgot my licence at home. The SA was very helpful even when the showroom was filled with more people than it could hold.

It is located in Wazirpur, which is one of the worst and polluted areas in Delhi (it’s an industrial area). But there are a lot of showrooms present(M&M, Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki etc). A single narrow service lane filled with potholes runs along the showrooms.
The TD was limited to areas around the showrooms as roads are jammed with traffic, and these areas are can be termed as off-roading areas because you won’t find a flat road there. Sufficient cars were available for TD and no person was kept waiting too long.

Booking and Delivery
While one of the SA said Extended Warranty and On Road Assistance are necessary, Mr Ajay easily removed them from the booking form. A 21k advance was taken with full refund promise unless car is delivered to showroom.
The car was delivered in 2 months but we had to delay it for some reasons. Finally took the delivery on 22 July. The delivery process had glitches as we had done RTGS but the computers at showroom were not getting updated. Had to wait 3-4 hours for that. The SA was supportive here too.

Service
Got the first service done after a month. Pickup and drop service was used and it was free. Overall service cost was also nil.
Second service due.

Overall the experience with Courtesy Honda has been excellent and I wish it remains same in the future.
Hope this helps to any potential buyer.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 22:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)

This is a positive experience. Earlier with the cheapest Honda costing upwards of Rs 7 lakhs and petrol costing in the Rs 58-60 level , Honda had few other competitors. Now with the market dynamics having changed and Honda increasing its reach to a broader set of customers ( who have come to experience MUL and HML service levels ), its but logical that they improve their service levels. as long as they continue this approach, they can expect to give a strong fight to MUL and HML in select segments
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 23:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)

I had gone to Courtesy Honda to book Honda City SMT but I was not happy with the overall experience I had with the sales person. Also the location, traffic conditions and poor roads made things unfavourable for this particular Honda showroom.

Few days after I went to Ring Road Honda Peeragarhi and got my car from there. Location/traffic wise it is little better place.

You can for a change try Ring Road Honda for servicing your car.

PS - I would like to try Courtesy Honda for servicing my car next time.

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th October 2013 at 23:10.
Old 8th June 2015, 13:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Cheaters : Courtsey Honda, Wazirpur

This all started app 2 years back when I was confused between Honda Amaze and Mahindra Quanto. Based on recommendations here, I decided to buy Honda Amaze and till date was very happy with the product as well as service.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...nto-amaze.html

I put up at Rohini and wanted to get my vehicle serviced nearby. Searched the net and found Courtsey Honda, Wazirpur. They were kind enough to provide me a couple of freebies like 10% off on service labour and a UV quoting on my car (being a new customer) and a surprise gift. Tempted, I scheduled the service and that was the biggest mistake.

After the vehicle was picked up, I got a call from one Mr. Prasad (SA) telling me that its a major service (35K on the ODO and I'd told them to carry out service that is scheduled for 40K). At first, he tried to sell me Clutch and brake bleeding for Rs. 15XX to which I denied since there was no problem in the vehicle and that it was not mentioned in the service manual. Then he tried to convince me for lubrication package for Rs. 26XX. Upon asking as to what they do in that, he told that they would lubricate all the doors etc. with grease. I also denied this saying that since it is not mentioned in manual and not recommended by Honda, i would not be going in for the same. Then he tried his level best to 'educate' me that its for the longevity of the vehicle and since the rains are approaching, I should go in for these packages. I firmly denied.

After an hour or so, I receive another call that my brake pads and discs are damaged and I need to shell out Rs. 6000 (app) for the same. Furious, I spoke to their manager, one Mr. Ashutosh. He told me that he has seen cases where the brake pads and discs need to be replaced at 15K kms on the ODO and "aapke toh phir bhi 35 hazaar chal gaye". I told him to give in writing that the life of brake pads and discs is indeed that much, to which he denied and told that he can only give in writing that the brake pads and discs of my car are damaged. When asked about being covered under warranty, he went on to sarcastically saying that "manual padh lijiye.. usme likha hota hai ki this is not covered under warranty". I told him to keep the car with them and also that I would proceed only when someone from Honda would intervene.

I immediately called up Honda one2one and narrated them the entire sequence of events. I also received an SMS soon after (Communication ID being 1-2894631108).

Wrote an email to all possible contacts including their senior VP (J. Sen) and other media contacts but got no answer/replies.. Honda pays a deaf ear to the customers in India I suppose. All I got a response from Customer relations saying we are looking into it.

After waiting for 3 days and from no answer from Honda, I had no option to pay the money and get the vehicle.

Now, see couple of pictures of the final serviced vehicle. The discs (supposedly new) has rust marks, the seats have marks which don't go (may be oil/grease types), the 'state of the art' technology in cleaning the air vents, excellent glass cleaning (they are charging 16XX for service labour.. mind it!).

Any pointers as to how to take this forward??

Beware of Courtsey Honda and Honda as a company for that matter!! Thieves..
Attached Thumbnails
Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)-20150606_155902.jpg  

Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)-20150606_164830.jpg  

Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)-20150606_172134.jpg  

Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)-20150607_120420.jpg  

Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)-20150607_120424.jpg  

Last edited by panky12345 : 8th June 2015 at 13:10.
panky12345 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:44   #5

Re: Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)

Hello sir, as for the fact that you stated above, I agree with it to certain extent.

Actually, we also purchased a Honda amaze EMT from this showroom last year in October. Services only three have been done till now. The last was the third free service which costed Rs.3800.

But, one thing I have always noticed is that you have to be always on their head to get your job done. Like if I said to them before handing over the car, that the touching up on dented bumper has to be done, it will sometimes remain as it is even after car is delivered to me. They do the job no doubt, but with quite some hassles in between. And I think this can be a heriditary problem for most Honda showrooms, as a matter of fat that few years ago only Honda City was their only car on mass sale, which also maxed to maybe 2500-3500 units per month.

So, they had that habit of sitting idle in the showrooms and they dont have the manners to deal with customers. For eg during our delivery and booking days, the car itself was costing upper of 7 lacs. And nobody didnt even bother to offer a glass of water or tea. Whereas in other shworooms like Hyundai and Maruti Suzuki, they care so much for the customer, that they first offer tea/coffee to the customer even before breaking the deal for the price quote itself.

These were my few cents to this matter. Thank you

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd July 2015 at 14:50. Reason: Spacing for better readability
muditseh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 20:57   #6
asm

Re: Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)

Pathetic Service Experience at Courtesy Honda, Wazirpur.

It was january 2021 when I first went to Courtesy Honda, Wazirpur with my Honda City to rectify some vibration and noise from rear windows when opening. After inspection, the SA informs that the regulator assembly for both the rear windows is not available and needs to be ordered and would take a month atleast (Too long but I said ok for it). After a month, I call them to ask if they've recieved the assembly to which they say they've only recieved for one side and the other one is still pending reason being less production due to pandemic. I was fine with it and called them after a few weeks this time to which they respond they've got the parts (No intimation from their end). This was after their Service head was involved as well. Now I had a small trip planned after which the pandemic started spreading too quickly leading to lockdown and restricted movements.
Fast forward to June 8, 2021. I talk to the SA(Mr. Prashant Mishra) about the service and he discusses the ongoing offers and affirms a service tomorrow. Next day on June 9, I call the service appointment number and ask for service appointment and specifically mention that I need the car back today. She says no appointment needed you can come in and we'll do the service today itself. I again call her(service appointment team) on reaching and she says to come in and share the details to get started. I go in at 1:40PM and ask for service and request an SA to look at it. No one at Courtesy Honda had the 'Courtesy' to attend me for the next 1.5hrs. At 3:09PM after talking to their Service Head(Mr. Naveen Wadhera) who was on leave, I am finally able to get the attention of a SA(Mr. Prashant Mishra). I ask for periodic service and tell him to change the requested part to be replaced under warranty, the regulatory assembly for rear windows. He says will check if the part is available and tries to include several things in the service(typical upselling) to which I politely refuse. For the next 2 hours, I keep waiting for the car to reach the workshop and request for the part to be replaced under warranty. This time the SA informs that only right rear window regulator assembly is available since they gave the other one to someone. All of this when I'd initially put in the order for the parts. And the SA had no regret regarding any of this. He just blatantly informs that they'll put in the order again and please come again after 2 days(yes we are free and own a 11L INR vehicle only to visit the service centre). This isn't the end of this nightmarish experience. At around 5:15PM finally the service starts, the technician changes the engine oil, oil filter and air filter and checks the Brake pad. No pins lubricated, no inspection of timing belts etc. which are later mentioned in the Service Bill. To add to the atrocity, the free wheel allignment part of the deal they were offering wasn't even done. Then came 6pm and all technicians left and I was left high and dry with all the pending work. Was this the end of this experience you ask? Courteously 'NOT'. At the start of all this I had mentioned to the SA to not clean the car from exteriors at any point in time because I wash the car myself and don't like that they use the same cloth on multiple cars. Later this was done as well and I've never felt more bad taking a car back home from service. Finally when I go in for billing, disappointed and I see the mention of several things which were not done by them(Marked in the bill attached). I ask the SA to mention that these things were not done to which he says 'sir, it's your problem you came so late'. Then what is the whole point of calling and confirming before visiting them?! Now I have the basics replaced and will never visit them again for the 'Pending' tasks. I wish I had gone to Cherish Honda in Peeragarhi before hand and saved all the hassle.
Attached Thumbnails
Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)-16232521990735107799775904705143.jpg  

Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)-16232522935174566217228804150276.jpg  

Experience with Courtesy Honda (Wazirpur, New Delhi)-1623252346429693841965258237883.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks