Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 18:50   #1
BHPian

Pathetic sales/service by Frontier Autoworld (VW Gurgaon)

In August/September, 2013, I had purchased a brand new Polo Diesel from Frontier Autoworld in Gurgaon. All the payments were made and a portion of the sale price was financed by Volkswagen Finance Private Limited. In fact I had also had paid some excess amount approximately Rs.6,700. The said excess amount has not been refunded till date despite numerous reminders to the dealer/agency.

Within the first few days itself while driving the Car, I found that the Reverse Gear of the Car was not working properly and it got stuck. The shifting of the Reverse Gear was not proper or rather inaccurate. The problem was immediately brought to the notice of the Sales Representative, Mr. Gaurav, who had communicated with me. Mr. Gaurav also drove the Car and found that the Reverse Gear was not shifting properly. I asked him if the Car has either been delivered with manufacturing defect or may be the old/used one.

However, I took his advice and the Car was sent to the Service Station of VW. Even after keeping the Car for two days, the manufacturing defect was not rectified and the Reverse Gear was still not functioning properly. Whenever the car is tried to put in motion in reverse gear; it requires force to put in reverse gear and once it is done it gets fixed/stuck up and causes lot of noise which comes as a complete surprise as this car is not even 3 months old!

I kept following up with Autoworld that the Reverse Gear is still not working smoothly and gets stuck while it is brought back to the original position. In fact I also requested VW to have the Car picked, checked and problem fixed on urgent basis. However till date there has been no response to the mails/calls. Neither is the Car is taken for check-up nor is the excess amount refunded. The advisors have again told me that the Reverse Gear cannot be rectified. The Car has also been retained at the Service Station, but to no avail. I tried to explain to them how it is impossible to drive the car without a functional reverse gear. The executives/officers at dealer or agency as well as the employees/mechanical staff at the service station are simply not co-operative.

So guys apart from launching legal proceedings I am considering asking them to replace the car with a new one, as the car in question is delivered to I is used/old one and/or has inbuilt manufacturing defects. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by GTO : 18th October 2013 at 14:57. Reason: Adding paragraph spacing for better readability. Please note. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks