Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 20:52   #1
BHPian

Popular Automobiles damages Dzire engine. Repair, but no replacement!

Found this on facebook. Shared by a fellow doc. It's self explanatory. I guess no manufacturer in India actually gives a damn about its customers.

Popular Automobiles damages Dzire engine. Repair, but no replacement!-1395404_10151960932037220_1596807444_n.jpg
one-77 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 21:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Popular Automobiles damages Dzire engine. Repair, but no replacement!

Maruti dealers have mostly been cheap thugs, the ones in Mumbai were famous for stealing swapping parts inside workshops. It was only the general bullet proof reliability but for the crappy rattling most Maruti's start emitting post 10k km that saved the day. I shudder to think what my Ertiga is going to show up, it is already rattling in the 3rd row, and overhead middle row AC unit after 7k km and one trip Mumbai-Goa over a few broken surfaces!! Will end up chucking it after 3 years like I did my Swift 2006 whose dash never stopped rattling.

The clutch went within 20k km and the company and dealers refused to honor the recall done for that car year. They are the worst PSU and company on after sales. In part I also blame our buying public who don't care much as its cheap A.S.S., and frankly used to be dirt cheap to fix. The clutch job coated a mere 5k odd.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2013 at 15:52. Reason: Removing inappropriate term
canonball is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 11:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Maruti dealers have mostly been cheap thugs, the ones in Mumbai were famous for stealing swapping parts inside workshops. It was only the general bullet proof reliability but for the crappy rattling most Maruti's start emitting post 10k km that saved the day. I shudder to think what my Ertiga is going to show up, it is already rattling in the 3rd row, and overhead middle row AC unit after 7k km and one trip Mumbai-Goa over a few broken surfaces!! Will end up chucking it after 3 years like I did my Swift 2006 whose dash never stopped rattling.

The clutch went within 20k km and the company and dealers refused to honor the recall done for that car year. They are the worst PSU and company on after sales. In part I also blame our buying public who don't care much as its cheap A.S.S., and frankly used to be dirt cheap to fix. The clutch job coated a mere 5k odd.
They are no longer a PSU. And that's where it becomes sadder. A wholly owned subsidiary of Suzuki doesn't give a damn about it's customers. My 12 year old Maruti 800 and today's Swift probably have the same levels of build quality.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2013 at 15:53. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
Old 20th October 2013, 14:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Off-late the issues around early burn out of the clutch in Maruthi has seen a significant spike. I think the overall perception of " Cheaper to Maintain " tag of Maruthi has to be re-looked by everyone as I feel that the cost of maintenance might eventually be the same as of other brands because the frequent spares change.
For Eg. the clutch needs a replacement at 20K in a Maruthi which might cost us about 6-7K , the same replacement might happen in Hyundai at 40K which would cost around 12-13K , so the maintenance cost is more or less the same.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th October 2013 at 20:01. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
Old 20th October 2013, 19:33   #5
BHPian

I don't understand. Why do we just criticising manufacturers? On one thread Maruti is praised like anything. One mistake and everybody loses their minds. A company which has sold more than a crore cars can make mistakes. Nobody's perfect. While they have done wrong, it could be that the Dealer is more at fault and Maruti should be contacted and told about the notorious activities its widespread dealers indulge into. Like one Skoda showroom had its license taken away. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...its-users.html
Maruti at least is a reasonable institution and makes vehicles that are reliable. While worldwide Suzuki might not have the best reputation. Maruti's widespread network is definitely a much needed backbone for our countries motoring infrastructure. But Maruti might have to keep a stricter heck on its dealers.

No way Sir. Swift's build quality is considered to be pretty high. Much better that Fiat's, Ford's,Renault's and definitely Tata. Have a look at h this 5th gear review of the Swift. Same car, same quality, same manufacturer. These guys have really high standards and are always really blunt. They liked the swift's build.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st October 2013 at 10:33. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
prakhar1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 20:02   #6
BHPian

Maintenance and spares for any new generation Maruti is in no way 'cheap'. Perhaps not as expensive as VW etc, but not cheap, even Toyota service is cheaper than Maruti. The cheap to maintain reputation is basically from the 800/Zen/Esteem days, and when compared with competing unreliable vehicles from Indian brands that were maintenance intensive. Cheap and good service is no longer a USP of Maruti.

That said, the vehicles themselves tend to be mechanically reliable, though they are plagued by those infernal rattles that MASS does not give a damm about.
chncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 20:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Is it good to bash a manufacturer based on a facebook post? We don't know the facts, we don't know the other side. Someone vents out his/her frustration on facebook and we start bad-mouthing the company? Does it really happen so in real life that a company that everyone stood for for customer friendliness and VFM cars suddenly becomes a villain?
honeybee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 21:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Is it good to bash a manufacturer based on a facebook post? We don't know the facts, we don't know the other side. Someone vents out his/her frustration on facebook and we start bad-mouthing the company?
Fully agree. The post has not included the full details of the specific car and the owner is yet to reach out to TBHP.

Unless the owner posts here with details that make it clear that fault is with MS/authorizes his friend to post here on his behalf with full details, I think we should refrain from bashing.

EDIT: This case is actually directed at the incompetence of A.S.S who screwed up rather than MSIL. Still the posts seem to be bashing the build quality of MS, which is in no way related to the original article.

Last edited by zenren : 20th October 2013 at 21:10.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 21:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

The facebook post is not clear at all as to what he/she means by they removed the damaged oil flow system of the engine. It indicates that some damage happened t0 the oil system. It could also be presumed that the car could have had a nasty hit in the oil sump which could have damaged the oil pump suction which would have led to engine damage.
Old 20th October 2013, 22:14   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
For Eg. the clutch needs a replacement at 20K in a Maruthi which might cost us about 6-7K , the same replacement might happen in Hyundai at 40K which would cost around 12-13K , so the maintenance cost is more or less the same.
Are you sure? Is it mentioned in the manual? I don't think so. There are bhpians who are on stock clutch even after 1L Kms. My Dzire is close to 70K Kms and in stock clutch, most of my drives are on bumper to bumper to traffic. On an average I think it should go for at least 50K Kms.
Old 20th October 2013, 22:43   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Probably the case is of a dealer playing dirty. We have such stories from some dealers in Bangalore. Though it takes time, MSIL will surely intervene and sort things out. These days the dealers are becoming crooks. Positive note is that unlike other manufacturers, MSIL has greater control over what the dealerships do. And at the same time the dealers are also somewhat under good control when it comes to an escalated issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I am sorry. This is ridiculous.

Now that you are in TBHP, I humbly request you to throw a search query on Automobile clutch and refer to how clutch wears, when a replacement is needed and the like. To put it in simple words, there is no fixed replacement interval for the clutch. It depends upon how a car is driven. We have had members running on stock clutches at more than a lakh kms. The earliest I have got a clutch replaced was at 37k kms in our previously owned Omni. The clutch was fine until my mom started her driving lessons and needless to say replacement was inevitable. Lets continue the same discussion in a Clutch related thread.
Old 20th October 2013, 23:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

I am sorry. This is ridiculous.

Now that you are in TBHP, I humbly request you to throw a search query on Automobile clutch and refer to how clutch wears, when a replacement is needed and the like. To put it in simple words, there is no fixed replacement interval for the clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Are you sure? Is it mentioned in the manual? I don't think so. There are bhpians who are on stock clutch even after 1L Kms. My Dzire is close to 70K Kms and in stock clutch, most of my drives are on bumper to bumper to traffic. On an average I think it should go for at least 50K Kms.
May be i should have been a more elaborate in expressing my view , I was trying to give an example (E.g) by quoting the numbers and I request you not to consider the numbers as is. I agree that the entire wear & tear of most of the components (more frequently the clutch & breaks) is mostly dependent on the way the vehicles are driven , having said that my comments came as a high level gist of multiple posts of our fellow BHPians from the issues they have highlighted.
Thank You audioholic for pointing me towards the related threads on the clutch.
Old 20th October 2013, 23:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

There is a scam in clutch overhaul at many service centres. My Alto has clocked 20K kms after a workshop recommended a clutch overhaul and is still in fine nick.
Browse thie following thread for more useful info on the subject.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-overhaul.html
Old 21st October 2013, 10:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

I believe that one must find a trusted dealership and service center when buying any automotive product from any brand (keep in mind that MS is up at the top in several surveys eg:JD power and there must be a good reason why).
Still don't think people should blindly believe a facebook post with no credibility. How is this different from any 5th grade gang fights in school? We are in a community that stands for no nonsense and we must do our best to maintain certain measures for quality.

Lastly, to everyone still whining about the products, the new swift, ertiga, a-star, are all built much better now even though they are manufactured here in our country (the swift sold in the UK is built to even better standards than some rivals) As for the rest, please try out a Grand Vitara, or even a Kizashi. One of the shows Suzuki put on was to invite public at random, blind-fold them and have them sit in a Kizashi; all of them came out thinking it was a new audi or a lexus.

In the end, I am not saying that I do not believe the post; I am merely exercising doubt since there is no credibility and we do not know of the owner's usage of the vehicle. One still ought to take this as a reminder to be aware of who you are dealing with. As long as you find a good service center/dealership, you can even enjoy a fiat, skoda or mitsubishi.
Old 21st October 2013, 11:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

As long we continue with extremely pathetic police and judiciary system (which are pro corporates and anti individual), such incidents will continue. Imagine a dealer taking a buyer for a ride for months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks