Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:24   #1

Servicing Issues with Pajero Sport @ Aquest Auto

Since the second service done in mid September, my woes with Aquest Auto – the official service station for Mitsubishi, just does not seem to end.

First for a routine second service, they took almost 4 days to service and deliver us the vehicle - this is after we had booked and send our vehicle!

When we received the car back - as they delayed it, they send it late in night and we could not do a test drive etc. I was leaving out of India the next day, so though my driver did mention about Brake not being very smooth - I kind of ignored it...saying they must have topped brake oil or something, so let us observe for a few days and then let us see.

I was away for 10 days, and the brake unfortunately kept on getting loose. Our error was that we did was not send it right away for repair, as I was not there and the vehicle was in use. When I returned after 10 days and drove the car and realized that the brake is really loose...we send the car immediately to Aquest Auto.

First thing Aquest auto started stating is that they had made us do test drive etc and everything was fine...I said, please look at the problem and then help me solve it. Depending on the problem we can say whether it was caused by service or whatever.

They took few hours and then said, the problem is because of diesel being mixed in brake oil.
I asked how can diesel reach in brake oil…their response, we would have topped it or someone outside would have topped it with Diesel!
A highly illogical statement, and which we know to be false - we will not be doing something so foolish - however I still said - instead of fixing blame, can we atleast know what has been the problem and what will it take to resolve it.

After 3 working days, they came back and said...brake is completely spoiled and all rubber parts have to be repaired and gave me estimate of Rs. 50,000.
I went and met their service Manager and Head - Mr. Roy where a representative of Hindustam motors - Mr. Pandurang who said he heads Maharashtra & Goa - also present.

I presented my view -
a) How could something alien go into the brake oil container?
b) We do not get any oil etc put from outside.
c) The car was just serviced by them two weeks back - and one of the items we had mentioned as complain that braking on high speeds - ...the braking was not even and car drifted to slight right.

They maintained - it would have been done by us - maybe at a petrol pump as they sometime have people checking for water - oil - they would have put diesel instead of oil.
My response -
1) First we do not let it be done for any of our cars. They all go to authorized service station only
2) The car was just serviced....why will anyone have the need to recheck the same and do top up.
3) How will a diesel fit in the brake oil refill bottle and while this is happening, we will allow it to happen.
4) Also is it not feasible - that just they are assuming that someone outside might have put diesel instead of Oil...could that not happen within their service station too?
It is after all not our first vehicle..we do have experience of owning and maintaining a car!

So it was a stalemate - their word against ours. Finally as it is our vehicle and to get it repaired our priority - I said OK...I will pay for the repair - please get it repaired. However now more than 10 days over - and they are not even able to tell us when they will get it.
Aquest Auto people and Mr. Pandurang's (Hindustan Motors guy) - first response when we call to check - that they are in meeting / travelling and will call back shortly.
Obviously no call comes back...when we check after 3-4 hours...again same response. When we push for a response - Aquest Auto says - please check with Hindustan Motors as parts are not available.
Mr. Pandurang says - he has arranged for the parts and now we should check with Aquest Auto - so it is a circular reference and we are like ping pong calling them alternatively - with no response

So while we are very sure it is a human error at Aquest Auto. (Am hoping they have not done it wilfully!) I am really finding their whole attitude and approach highly callous and irresponsible.
How can service managers always be in meetings and never call back?
They both do not agree for a conference call – citing they are busy - so that I can get Aquest Auto and Hindustan Motors guy on same call – so that they can give me a clear picture whether the parts have been send or not.

On another front, I would like to know from the forum members:
a) Any experience of such a thing?
b) I am not able to understand how it can happen.
c) What can a member do in this situation – where it is like one person words against another!
d) Can they know that Diesel was mixed with Oil?
e) Will diesel cause this problem that all rubber part of the brake system needs to be replaced
ahujapradeep is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:23   #2
BHPian

Greetings
I've picked up a pajero sport around 2 months back, I did this because of the dealer here . They have an excellent staff and it's our 5th Mitsubishi from them !
It's service stations like this that bring a bad name to Mitsubishi in india ! I feel you should write to higher ups in Mitsubishi and accept no rubbish from the manager or dealer who so ever .
Chandigarh has a great dealer and you never hear a no or a can't do this from them. Plonking money into a new car the least you want is peace of mind ! You shouldn't let them go easily .
Regards
Imran
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Servicing Issues with Pajero Sport @ Aquest Auto

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, this can be frustrating. You would expect Mitsubishi to try and at least keep its few customers happy. The Pajero Sport is the best product in its price bracket IMO, and its terrible the dealer is behaving like this.

But is it possible that while you were away for 10 days, your driver tried to top it up since the brakes kept getting looser?

By looser I assume you mean to have to put more pressure on the pedal to make it stop?

Also what I suggest is at least ask them to flush out the braking system, and top it up with fresh fluid and then bleed the brakes so that at least your car is back on the road.

If you are confident it was not topped up outside, then stick to your word with the service manager, and company representative. I think you made a mistake my agreeing to pay. Do try and get some higher ups contact details at Mitsubishi.

The last thing, if I may suggest. Please don't let the service centre pick up and drop your car. Go and give it yourself at least a few times, so that they know you are interested about the car, and that they cannot con you at all.

If these 2 guys are avoiding you, the best thing is to go personally to the service centre and create a bit of a ruckus. After all you have paid 25+ lacs for this car.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 06:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

HM - another Skoda in making? Good car bad service. I think escalating the issue higher up in Mitsubishi is the way out.

That said. How is it that in the first place the "brake" oil needed to be topped up? In such short distance? I have driven cars many a kilometre and unless there is a leak I have not found any reduction in brae oil levels ever. In a almost new car there should not have been a need for topping up in the first place.

Anyone else see drop in brake oil levels without a leak?

The only reason we drain change brake oil is to drain out carbon or dust build up.
sudev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

I hope not, Mitsubishi dealers over all are not a bad lot, I have had my Mitsubishi serviced in various cities viz Poona, Dilli & Bombay and never had a reason to complain. Then again no one is perfect and goof ups do happen, as is evident in this case but then it would be difficult for anyone to do another Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
HM - another Skoda in making? Good car bad service.
Old 24th October 2013, 20:02   #6

Re: Servicing Issues with Pajero Sport @ Aquest Auto

i m still contemplating to buy a pajero from Aquest... but due to their monopoly in mumbai... aint able to get a gud deal from them.. seriously a gud car with a bad management... hope mitsubishi up their ante...
Old 1st November 2013, 00:13   #7

Leo, I am in a similar situation - trying to negotiate a discount. Have they offered you anything at all for the Pajero sport? The best they claim is free insurance (zero dep if you push a little harder)?
Old 1st November 2013, 02:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Guys, you can try with Pethkar in Poona or Thaparsons in Nagpur. Pethkar with dealerships in Aurangabad, Nasik & Kolhapur in addition to Poona moves more Pajeros than Aquest and you may get a better deal with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Rulez View Post
i m still contemplating to buy a pajero from Aquest... but due to their monopoly in mumbai... aint able to get a gud deal from them.. seriously a gud car with a bad management... hope mitsubishi up their ante...
Quote:
Originally Posted by knganapathy View Post
Leo, I am in a similar situation - trying to negotiate a discount. Have they offered you anything at all for the Pajero sport? The best they claim is free insurance (zero dep if you push a little harder)?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 08:03   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by knganapathy View Post
Yes they offered me the same zero insurance. i was very keen on finalizing and had been talking to them for last 4-5 months but they are not budging. My point of contest was, you are not superior than the fortuner, than why price it equal to or more than it. Obviously buying a pajero i m taking a risk, unlike the Fortuner where its a tried and tested service and product.

IMHO they should offer at least 2-3L discount.

Anways meanwhile i have booked a Polo Tsi and so have almost 3-6 months for the 2nd car which has to be a SUV. Don't need a 7 seater so would even consider Wrangler if and when its launched.

Cheers
Leo_Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 22:30   #10

Pradeep - Have you been able to resolve your problem? Has Aquest Auto or HM been accommodating as part of the process? I am asking as I am keen to understand their approach managing customer issues - which is a key input to my buying decision.

Leo - Congrats on your purchase

Most Viewed