Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 10:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Blog on Terrible accidental repair experience at VW Bhopal

A real frustrating experience! I hope the conclusion is a satisfactory one for him. But I must say that proving beyond doubt that the oil indicator was faulty might be near impossible because, if the dealership is as unscrupulous as he makes it out to be, they could have rectified it quietly - and there is no way to prove it was faulty in the first place.
Old 6th November 2013, 10:39   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
I think its better we create an accident by hitting a tree / pole so that they will consider as an accident.
At what speed do you recommend we crash our car into a pole or a tree?
SmartCat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 10:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I wonder if the sump getting damaged is a common issue. It happened a friend of mine, though his oil loss was gradual, and he was able to drive it to a workshop. He was charged 40K, which eventually was paid for by insurance.
It is not that uncommon. A few weeks back in Bangalore Mirror there was a story about a lady complaining about 2L repair estimates for her new Brio! Apparently (and thanks to the incessant rains we are blessed with over here) she had also "touched" some bad road imperfection and consequently engine seizure happened. She was ranting against both Honda (who had refused to repair under warranty) and BBMP for the bad roads in the city for she had to shell out 2L for repairs of her new car!

Last edited by joslicx : 6th November 2013 at 10:46.
Old 6th November 2013, 11:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Ask any local garage, they will tell you how to do that, no need to crash land on a tree to replicate the accident. During my Amby days, I had seen a similar treatment to one esteem at one local workshop since the outer damage was less after a small accident.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 22:17   #35
BHPian

Re: Blog on Terrible accidental repair experience at VW Bhopal

I take it that the Polo doesn't come with a sump guard? Could this have helped to some extent?

On a side note: what other cars in this segment come with factory-fitted sump guards?
Old 6th November 2013, 22:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
I take it that the Polo doesn't come with a sump guard? Could this have helped to some extent?

On a side note: what other cars in this segment come with factory-fitted sump guards?
Certainly Punto comes with one.

Thank god Duster has a underbody protection.

This incident is forcing me to get a zero dep policy with engine cover added.

I know it might be costly, but it saves headache when roads are in very bad shape.
Old 6th November 2013, 22:49   #37
BHPian

And here I was thinking VW must have improved its customer service with the new 1.6 models in the market. I am really baffled by how customer service centre dealt with the poor guy and made him wait for a whole day.

Compared to this, I must say my experience with Ford roadside assistance as extraordinary. I called them when my car's power steering failed and was immediately connected to a SA. Again this was on a weekday around 3pm. I was asked to check the oils and few other stuff and they zeroed in on the issue pretty quickly. A tow truck was promptly sent within an hour and my car was taken with absolutely no damage to my preferred service centre almost 15 kms from my residence. And of course, the entire costs were covered under warranty.

One not just puts in money but a part of himself/herself while buying a new car and to go through this kind of trauma for no fault of themselves is really bad. Hope he gets his car in brand new condition and enjoys many a miles in it.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 17:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
It is not that uncommon. A few weeks back in Bangalore Mirror there was a story about a lady complaining about 2L repair estimates for her new Brio! Apparently (and thanks to the incessant rains we are blessed with over here) she had also "touched" some bad road imperfection and consequently engine seizure happened. She was ranting against both Honda (who had refused to repair under warranty) and BBMP for the bad roads in the city for she had to shell out 2L for repairs of her new car!
Sorry for being OT but Any idea whether the Brio has a Sump Guard or not ? Brio has a low GC & we don't really have the best roads in Calcutta.
Old 7th November 2013, 18:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Sorry for being OT but Any idea whether the Brio has a Sump Guard or not ? Brio has a low GC & we don't really have the best roads in Calcutta.
I am hoping someone knowledgeable would be kind enough to answer that. I have a Brio in our home (my father is using it) and would love to know about it.

I have read somewhere about radiator being at the front and susceptible to cracking when hit with stones/stray animals etc.
Old 7th November 2013, 18:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Wish every car has a SPOA Option!!

I feel scared even with a rust bucket 15 year old mahindra UV. And It only has a 300-400mm oil sump clearence. SPOA will increase it by 5 inches I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
...seriously thinking the tag line should read - "If you busted a sump, go find a tree"!! (But before the engine seizes )

Last edited by svsantosh : 7th November 2013 at 18:52.
Old 8th November 2013, 10:34   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It was discovered that the chamber under the car was touched and the engine oil had leaked. Apparently, the engine oil indicator was faulty as well!
Interested in finding out what the indicator was showing since it was faulty? Was it at 0 all the while? I am assuming this is the oil temp indicator.

Generally speaking - how do you diagnose if a temp indicator is faulty? Car not reaching operating temp in the usual 15-20 mins?

Any thoughts?
Old 8th November 2013, 13:24   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Interested in finding out what the indicator was showing since it was faulty? Was it at 0 all the while? I am assuming this is the oil temp indicator.
Yes may be our wad only a '0'

I am assuming the temperature gauge.

Quote:
Generally speaking - how do you diagnose if a temp indicator is faulty? Car not reaching operating temp in the usual 15-20 mins?
If the temperature gauge doesn't go til the half mark even after driving 6-7 kms at speeda around 60 Kmph there could be a fault. Same way other way round - if the engine bay is steaming but no red light with the temperature gauge at half mark something is wrong.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 13:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any thoughts?
An oil pressure low lamp in red in the shape of a Oil Can wil light up once the oil level goes down. Engine temp may not increase much as the engine will seize once the oil has drained out.
Old 8th November 2013, 14:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

VAG is under serious threat in India!!

Pathetic service and after sales to say the least.

I sincerely feel the way they treat Indians is completely not fair. Had this been in US where in the consumer laws are stringent, would they have dared to do what they are doing now?

Only way out is to probably fight it out in the Consumer court as you have a strong case running for you.
Old 8th November 2013, 15:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
VAG is under serious threat in India!!

Pathetic service and after sales to say the least.

I sincerely feel the way they treat Indians is completely not fair. Had this been in US where in the consumer laws are stringent, would they have dared to do what they are doing now?

Only way out is to probably fight it out in the Consumer court as you have a strong case running for you.
Isint it misguided to suggest court case here? Clearly the person broke his sump and still carried on driving causing engine seizure. How would court help here?
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks