Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 14:52   #1
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy with Kundan Motors, Pune (Mahindra)

Posting on behalf of my friend Vivek Mane from Pune. This is what he is facing with his 2012 Scorpio VLX and this is the email he has shot out to the honchos at M&M. No real action so far!!!

Dear Mr. Ashutosh,
Greetings for the day !!
Let me start with introducing myself....I am Vivek Mane , a resident of Pune.

I own a Mahindra Scorpio VLX , which I had bought in December 2012 from Mahindra authorized dealer in Pune - Kundan Motors. Reg No - MH 14 DT 1727

This email is intended to raise a complaint against the said dealer for pathetic and intolerable service that they have rendered for my vehicle and thus making me go through trauma and torture.
Issues with my vehicle are given below for which the vehicle was given to Kundan Motors -

1. Scratch on the front RHS fender - I did not want to claim the damage under insurance , so I had specifically told the dealer representative for self payment.

2. ABS sign - Switching ON during ignition ON and not going OFF.

3. Tyre Tronics - Wrong indication of tyre pressure and temperature during running.

4. Cruse Control - Dis - engaging automatically after a while , thus giving a thrust to the vehicle during speed of 100 kms / hr.

The representative of Kundan Motors , Mr. Bhimashankar had come to my house to pick up the vehicle on 30/10/13 at 10 AM. I had asked him the expected date and time of delivery after completion of all the above mentioned problems with the vehicle. He had confirmed that they will take 1 day to repair the scratch and another day to repair the issues of sensors.
So it meant that the expected time of delivery would be 31/10/13. I did not receive a single call till 31/10/13 evening to which I made a call to Mr. Bhimashankar and asked him about the whereabouts of my vehicle. To which he said that the painting job has been done on 30/10/13 itself and now the vehicle was in service station for sensor repairs and he said even he was surprised that no one had called from service team to update me about the repair job for sensors.

On my repeated follow up , the concerned Service Advisor Mr. Rafique called me to update. He said that the vehicle was under repairs and they would take another day for completion of work and would do the testing to find if the problem still persists and then will be able to deliver the vehicle on 1/11/13 evening.

I did not get a call from anyone till 1/11/13 to confirm delivery to which I again called and followed up with Mr. Rafique. He said that the vehicle was ready but he did not have a driver to deliver the vehicle and would be definitely delivering the vehicle on the next day morning i.e. 2/11/13. I was really annoyed by now because of the attitude the service managers had in terms of handling the customer issues and on top of this none of them really cared to update the proceedings and deliver the vehicle on time post giving ample amount of time for repairs to be done.

The vehicle was delivered on 2/11/13 at 11 AM. The driver came without the bill and I was told that you have to make the payment and then the bill will be released. I immediately denied the payment without the bill which was Rs 2000 (Rs 1500 for painting and Rs 500 for labour for Sensor repairs)
----------I do not understand that if the vehicle is under warranty , why is the dealer asking for labour cost for repairs i.e. Rs 500 ? and moreover why is the dealer asking for money from customers without releasing the proper invoice or bill ??

I was satisfied with the paint job and when I checked whether the sensors are working properly , I was shocked to see that the ABS and Tyre Tronics sensors were not working and probably there was no work done. I called up Mr. Rafique to find out what had gone wrong about ABS and Tyre Tronics sensors.. He had no clue and also when I asked him whether they had checked and repaired Cruse Control. Mr. Rafique said that it is alright and I would have made mistake to dis-engage the Cruse Control. I drive to Mumbai and back twice in a month and regularly use Cruse Control and know very well how the same works !!
--------- I do not understand as to how can a service manager talk in this fashion and put the blame back on customer. I had a problem with the vehicle and was diagnosed and was taken to the nearest authorized dealer as per process mentioned in the service booklet.

I told Mr. Rafique that I wanted to report this to the GM - Service and asked him to let the GM call me immediately. After a hour , I got a call from CSM - Ms. Arti Yadav. I told her the issue and asked her that I wanted to talk to the GM.

The GM - Mr. Hrishikesh Bokare called me after sometime and I explained him the issue. To my shock he said that for a work of such nature , They would take time.... I replied to this that I would not have had any problem if you would have updated me about the repairs proceedings and delivered the vehicle on time. Also the vehicle should have been repaired and not left unrepaired...

Then I asked him to come and meet me at my residence on 2/11/13 to actually see and gauge what was wrong and also get service engineers along with him. He said that he will not come as he has to go on Diwali Holiday...

I really got frustrated by the way a competent person like a GM of one of biggest Mahindra Dealer was talking and handling a customer. Later I realized that everyone in the whole hierarchy follows the same attitude ---------- NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE CUSTOMER !!!
After a while , Mr. Hrishikesh sent 3 people from service team (He never came) .. Mr. Rafique was present with 2 service engineers. They checked the vehicle and said that they need to take the vehicle back to the dealership to find the issue again. I asked them that this is a Diwali Weekend , what will I do without a vehicle. To which Mr. Hrishikesh told me over phone that I can keep the vehicle and they will take the vehicle after Diwali holidays are over. And nothing will happen to the vehicle even if the issues still persists.

I asked both Mr. Hrishikesh and Mr. Rafique that they should give this confirmation on a the letter head of Kundan Motors that any damage (vehicle or accident) arising out of these issues, Kundan Motors will be responsible for the same hereafter and they have failed to repair the vehicle keeping it for 3 1/2 days. This was denied by Mr. Hrishikesh to which I logically asked him that minutes before he was confident that nothing will happen to the vehicle and I could use it till they pick up the vehicle again after Diwali holidays. I also gave them another option that they can take my vehicle back only on one condition that they give me a replacement vehicle with complete papers immediately so that I can use the same during the festive days.

Then the whole team started working on this and I was told that they have a Mahindra Verito Vibe which they can spare, but without any document. I refused to take this vehicle and moreover it was test drive vehicle. I was repeatedly following up with Mr. Rafique for the replacement vehicle and at 8 PM he said that you can follow up with Ms. Arti and she would do the needful and I will not be able to help you anymore.... All these issues were timely reported to Mr. Arti Yadav by me. Then Ms. Arti started working on this in the evening and she could arrange for a XUV 5OO and was delivered to my house at 10 PM and my vehicle was taken. The complete papers of the XUV 5OO were mailed to me by Ms. Arti the next day on 3/11/13 at 12 PM.

One should come and see the status of XUV 5OO , the vehicle is barely running and is in worst possible condition. But I thought that there is some vehicle with me which will serve the purpose for 2 - 3 days till my vehicle is repaired totally. I started using the same after receiving the vehicle documents and papers. But on 4/11/13 evening when I had to step out of the house again , the vehicle would not start at all. The batteries had completely drained out.. The same moment I reported this to Ms. Arti and after a while Mr. Hrishikesh called me and said that you would made a mistake by keeping lights switched ON... I told him that I had used the vehicle the same day and who switches ON the headlamps in the day time. He said he will see what he can do about it ... Mr. Arti then called me at 8 PM and said that she can arrange for the service engineer in the morning to see what is the issue.

The service engineer came today and realized that there was problem in the connection in the battery and thus it was not getting charged due to rusting. He could charge the battery and now the vehicle is in running condition------- My point is why does the GM think that it is customers fault all the time. It is very easy for him to blame the customer and turn a blind eye on the actual issue. The same was again updated and reported to Ms. Arti.

Now I need some answers from you apart from some questions and points raised in the above mail body ---

1. Does a reputed company like Mahindra and Mahindra teach their dealerships to behave and treat their customers like this??
This is truly unprofessional way of dealing with customers.

2. What action will be taken against Kundan Motors and the people mentioned in the mail body ?

3. Is it documented anywhere that the customers have to take follow up after the vehicle goes to the dealership or the dealership should update the customer ????

4. I have gone through a lot of trauma since 30/10/13.. Who will take responsibility of this ??? and what will that person do to compensate the loss and trauma and torture which I have gone through ??

5. I still do not know the whereabouts of my vehicle and do not know what is happening with the repairs ?? Who will update me on this ??
Lastly .. I bought this vehicle because I really appreciate the work that M&M have done on their flagship product Scorpio and refined it so much that now Scorpio is a global brand. Its a real pleasure driving the Scorpio.
Such incompetent dealerships under your purview are spoiling the image of M&M , whereas , they should be working towards marketing the company's name by giving better service and handling the customer the right way !!
I am really expecting a positive result out of this complaint and hope appropriate action is taken ... Also please update me !!!

Regards,
Vivek Mane

Last edited by NIP : 6th November 2013 at 14:54.
NIP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 19:49   #2
BHPian

re: Unhappy with Kundan Motors, Pune (Mahindra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Posting on behalf of my friend Vivek Mane from Pune. This is what he is facing with his 2012 Scorpio VLX and this is the email he has shot out to the honchos at M&M. No real action so far!!!

The service engineer came today and realized that there was problem in the connection in the battery and thus it was not getting charged due to rusting. He could charge the battery and now the vehicle is in running condition------- My point is why does the GM think that it is customers fault all the time. It is very easy for him to blame the customer and turn a blind eye on the actual issue. The same was again updated and reported to Ms. Arti.
Regards,
Vivek Mane
That XUV takes the cake! How can they give a standby vehicle to somebody when it isnt functioning properly (particularly when the reason for the standby is because their primary car isnt functioning properly). Pathetic attitude by the dealership people; all of them. I have a Mahindra too and I just hope this never happens to me. I wish your friend gets his Scorpio back at the earliest and in pristine condition.

The more I hear about all these electronic bells & whistles failing on the Mahindra vehciles, the more I think that these vehicles are not worth buying (particularly; The VLX Scorpio and the W6/W8/AWD XUV's). With Mahindra, I guess its best if you just buy a vehicle which has a chassis, an engine, seats, 5 tyres and a suspension! Nothing else if you value your peace of mind!

C'mon Mahindra; wake up!!! RISE MAHINDRA RISE!
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 21:47   #3
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^^ Rahul, the thread is about bad service provided by Kundan Motors. So all the comments about M&M products do not really belong to this thread. There are n number of other threads where generic M&M bashing goes on. You can take it up there. In today's world, pure mechanical vehicles are seen only in Flintstones.

-------------------------------------------

NIP, I have dealt with Kundan Motors Bhosri in the past and some of the names you mentioned do ring a bell. I am not at all surprised by this experience. Extremely incompetent and causal folks. Take it up strongly with M&M customer-care. That's the only way to get them to fall in line.

Last edited by SDP : 6th November 2013 at 21:48.
Old 6th November 2013, 21:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
^^ Rahul, the thread is about bad service provided by Kundan Motors. So all the comments about M&M products do not really belong to this thread. There are n number of other threads where generic M&M bashing goes on. You can take it up there. In today's world, pure mechanical vehicles are seen only in Flintstones.
You will notice that i am bashing both Mahindra and the dealership. Things are not always differentiated in black and white; there are a variety of interconnections.

In this case, there is no reason why Tyretronics and other electronic gizmos should be failing in the first place (and they fail very often). So first Mahindra is at fault! And then secondly the dealership is at fault for the pathetic service experience! It is not fair to bash one while leaving the other out especially when the issue at hand connects both of them.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 6th November 2013 at 21:53.
rahul4321 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed