Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2013, 01:49   #1
BHPian

Audi Ludhiana - Awful sales & service experience

I booked a white Audi A4 with Audi Ludhiana. They told me I would get the car in a day or two. He made us wait a few days and after enquiring where the car was he told me that they did not have any White Audi A4 and started pushing us for a teak brown one. I got angry and told him why did he waste my time and days and took the advance for the car when he didnt even have it.I ended up getting a refund and my time wasted. Really bad experience. He lied to me and wasted my time just to clear his stock. Audi are you listening? No matter how good your cars are, people will shy away if they have such experiences.
Thats just the sale part. I eventually bought it from another Audi Showroom but my car was still to be serviced in Ludhiana. They changed stuff that was to be changed at the 30K service costing me around Rs 5k extra. They tried to push me for Wheel Alignment and Balancing for another Rs 6k If i hadnt asked them why was it more than the 15k told at the time of purchase they would have done it and pushing my service costs further.
V12Doc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:01   #2
BHPian

re: Audi Ludhiana - Awful sales & service experience

Such dealers are every where , I had the same experience with ZEDEX Nissan in delhi when I bought Sunny for my Dad , It was supposed to be a surprise gift for my dad , but poor handling , false promises and fake assurances from the owners made my buying experience a bitter one.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your bad experience and I must confess its not out of the ordinary to clear existing stock before pushing new ones. When they promised you a white car should have done that, its bad of them on that part

Also, with regards to the changing parts/components? Can you outline what exactly they changed?

Were you not asked to sign a service job card before handing over the car to them?
Old 25th November 2013, 13:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad experience and I must confess its not out of the ordinary to clear existing stock before pushing new ones. When they promised you a white car should have done that, its bad of them on that part

Also, with regards to the changing parts/components? Can you outline what exactly they changed?

Were you not asked to sign a service job card before handing over the car to them?
I sent the driver to take the car for service as nearest service center is 160 km away. They did it as a part of the routine service. They changed pollen filter and air filter one of which was to be changed at 30k instead of 15k
Old 25th November 2013, 14:33   #5
gemi_kk

@V121Doc, Sorry for a bad experience when buying a premium European car.

Also, would you please eloberate on which parts have been changed in the first service. Also, did they push for wheel alignment & balancing in first service?

I think, Vento & polo has its first scheduled service @ 15000 Km's. So, should the owner get the allignment and balancing done prior first service? I think, owner should get it done, because i dont think the alignment can last for 15K kms on our roads. Fellow vento/polo owners, please comment on this.

I see that the number of threads bashing VW group products are comparitively much higher than any other group's products. On an average, we are seeing 2 threads per month bashing VW group's products + HarishV's thread which has been running from the past couple of years breaking the DDLJ records.

Maruti sells ~1Lakh cars per month. Hardly we see Maruti/Maruti Dealer bashing thread. So is the case with Hyundai. Ofcourse people are not satisfied with hyundai because of expensive service costs but still people are satisfied with vehicle.

OT: If europeans are so bad when it comes to running service centres. Why not hire a Japanese Operations head and give him full control.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 25th November 2013 at 14:46. Reason: Adding value.
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 16:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
@V121Doc, Sorry for a bad experience when buying a premium European car.

Also, would you please eloberate on which parts have been changed in the first service. Also, did they push for wheel alignment & balancing in first service?

I think, Vento & polo has its first scheduled service @ 15000 Km's. So, should the owner get the allignment and balancing done prior first service? I think, owner should get it done, because i dont think the alignment can last for 15K kms on our roads. Fellow vento/polo owners, please comment on this.

I see that the number of threads bashing VW group products are comparitively much higher than any other group's products. On an average, we are seeing 2 threads per month bashing VW group's products + HarishV's thread which has been running from the past couple of years breaking the DDLJ records.

Maruti sells ~1Lakh cars per month. Hardly we see Maruti/Maruti Dealer bashing thread. So is the case with Hyundai. Ofcourse people are not satisfied with hyundai because of expensive service costs but still people are satisfied with vehicle.

OT: If europeans are so bad when it comes to running service centres. Why not hire a Japanese Operations head and give him full control.

Actually its not just Europeans, Its just that we dont expect a lot after buying say a 5 lakh car compared to a 35 lac one. Also Europeans in our brains are a standard that is hard to beat so we do expect some things from them. Every Dealer does the same, Dont even get me talking about my experience while buying a fortuner and the service scam on 2nd service . They actually didnt tell me about the wheel alignment they just told me over the phone that the service cost is going to be around 20k+ and when i told them why it was over the 15k as initially told, then they told it was wheel alignment. So thats kinda bad and would easily get an unsuspecting owner. The parts changed at first service were -
1. Engine Oil
2. Air Filter
3. Pollen Filter
4. Oil Filter
5. Labour
Dont remember exactly but these are what I remember. The service cost is justified if we reduce the Pollen filter as they are using synthetic oil and the service is after 15k compared to others that are serviced at 10k. With the car I am actually very satisfied as the while package it provides. Its not the Company's fault but the dealer's. And most people dont even know what needs to be changed and when so they dont really care.

Also they take advantage if you send your driver rather than the owner taking the car for the service as they think the owner will probably overlook the costs. Rest assured they handled the car very very professionally way better than any other service center does. Got my car cleaned and shining. They even cleaned the seats, dash and even the interior of the storage spaces along with the boot and engine bay , The car felt it had just come out of showroom. Just not happy with the extra things they changed when it was not needed.

I have a lot of cars in my extended family including Maruti and trust me I would never touch a Maruti car with 10 feet pole. Its not their fault but Indians as a whole who would put their life in danger if a competitor gives 1km/l more than the other.
V12Doc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks