Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2006, 18:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani

Here are their respnonses.
1. It's dealer's policy. Nobody questions.
2. We have to pay bribes to RTA people. If that is right, they should be stupids for paying a bribe or 500 for something that is Rs. 15.
3. We do not have to answer every question from the customer. yeah, i understand. I already took the delivery.
My answer was equally arrogant. If you are not getting money without cheating the customers, shut down the shop and go beg on the roads.
I got the same answers. How funny? I guess the dealer salesmen are trained in these objection handling answers.
Old 30th June 2006, 17:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

I received a reply from the dealers Popular after I send a mail saying I will walk into the MUL office in Chennai.

The customer service manager met me today and apologised. He said that the Rs 5000 of the onroad cost that was not explained was the RTO service charges. I asked for a receipt for the amount and he said he cant give that.

I said I want a written explaination how such practices are being followed and the dealers and MUL take a collective decision to stop such activities. We are like slaughter goats on the chopping block.

Am I justified and correct on asking for such a explaination? Please post your thoughts on this.
Old 26th July 2006, 22:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Bribes To The Rto

guys, guys, guys,
please dont fall into that trap...why should u bribe the RTO..u r buying a new car, u r paying all the taxes upfront...u r buying from a reputed dealer...why should u bribe anybody...r u faking ur identity or ur address...why? why ? why??
why do u want to bribe anyone?/?

actually the money they take from us as bribe...only 25% of it actually goes to the RTO as bribe...the rest is shared among the salesmen, RTO liason guy etc... i know this one for sure...overheard in a bar...could it not be true ???
Old 26th July 2006, 22:59   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I am actually quite surprised that they haven't replied to your email yet.
When i emailed Fiat and Honda regarding some questions i got a reply the very next day.
Infact, i got a call from a Honda Dealer just a couple of hours after sending them the email wheras Fiat replied the very next day (i hadn't given them my no).
But then again, it was before buying not post delivery.
Cheers
Old 27th July 2006, 00:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
I received a reply from the dealers Popular after I send a mail saying I will walk into the MUL office in Chennai.

The customer service manager met me today and apologised. He said that the Rs 5000 of the onroad cost that was not explained was the RTO service charges. I asked for a receipt for the amount and he said he cant give that.

I said I want a written explaination how such practices are being followed and the dealers and MUL take a collective decision to stop such activities. We are like slaughter goats on the chopping block.

Am I justified and correct on asking for such a explaination? Please post your thoughts on this.
Dude u are throughly justified in asking for what and where your money has gone and demand a reciept too.If they dont give u the reciept dont pay.When u are putting in your hard earned money you should demand an explanation for where it is going.
Old 27th July 2006, 10:37   #21
BHPian

Paying at RTO is anecessity, that cannot be avoided by the dealer, the manufacturer only has hold till the showroom price after that the dealers have a union of sort where all the other charges are fixed, please chk the other dealers in your area everybody will be at the same price. The extra you pay is given out as handling charges, registration charges, number plate charges etc, this is a necessary evil. If this is not paid the registration cannot be done by the dealer. The reason for paying the bribe is a dealer in a day registers anything fron 15- 20 vehicles which have to be taken to the rto, they avoid taking the vehicle to the rto becos of the traffic situation, time and chance of damage and lack of manpower and thin margins from the manufacturer which cannot hire extra manpower.If at all you need transparency , you have to get the temporay certificate done at the dealer point by paying whatever he says usaully 500-1000, and then approach the rto yourself for the rgistration,Mind it you have to do the temporary certificate at dealer point only because he has to give his trade certificate no to do the temporary regeistration ther is no other way
Old 27th July 2006, 10:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Surprise]Why did you choose Popular Vehicles, when you have ABT Maruti, Cars India, Khivraj Motors & the newly launched Kapico.[/
QUOTE]

my friend bought a red swift from kapico in chennai ...and they did not even wash teh car before delivery ....and when he told them about this ..it seems they were very rude ....this was his first car and nowhe has decided never to buy any other maruti product in future
Old 27th July 2006, 16:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

[quote=speedsatya]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Why did you choose Popular Vehicles, when you have ABT Maruti, Cars India, Khivraj Motors & the newly launched Kapico.[/
QUOTE]

my friend bought a red swift from kapico in chennai ...and they did not even wash teh car before delivery ....and when he told them about this ..it seems they were very rude ....this was his first car and nowhe has decided never to buy any other maruti product in future
not to worry...ur friend will change his mind very soon....it is not the product that is bad, it is the service during sales...the service after sales in maruthi is the best in india & the most affordable too... ur friend will soon realise that so cheer up
Old 27th July 2006, 18:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

[quote=esteem_lover]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

not to worry...ur friend will change his mind very soon....it is not the product that is bad, it is the service during sales...the service after sales in maruthi is the best in india & the most affordable too... ur friend will soon realise that so cheer up
I agree 100% to this view. I have been cheated several times at the authorised service center, the dealership(you already know about it), But I will still go out and buy a Maruti product no matter what happens. Sometimes, these cars get into your blood................I have already planned my upgrade to Baleno in 3-4 years although I have driven my Alto just for about 1500kms.
Old 27th July 2006, 18:45   #25
BHPian

Guys stop blaming the dealers for it, it is the system in place that warrants the dealer to charge heavy, the RTO personnel ar all rogues, no money no registration, as they have to pay higher ups for promtions/transfers. The best thing would be that the customer applies for the registration directly to the RTO before purchase, and gets it done, or else let NGO do the job, this way total transparency
Old 28th July 2006, 07:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Is Like A Non-Return Valve

I have mailed several people in Maruti ranging from their MD to their "expert" who answers queries in the magazine that comes free with every Maruti purchased new.....no replies or answers at all.

I have even posted some queries/comments on their website...no acknowledgements.

Maruti's attitude seems to be on the lines of a "Sarkari" Babu style company.

The only saving grace is that their products are well engineered and reliable(courtesy Suzuki).
Old 28th July 2006, 10:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth
Guys stop blaming the dealers for it, it is the system in place that warrants the dealer to charge heavy, the RTO personnel ar all rogues, no money no registration, as they have to pay higher ups for promtions/transfers. The best thing would be that the customer applies for the registration directly ............

It's not only in new registration, it also applies all the work's of RTO, For ex. transfer of ownership when u buy 2nd hand vehicle.
While i purchased my zen with 2nd hand car dealer in rajajinagar, he asked me to pay Rs.2500/- for transfer formalties, but i made it through one of friend who is the RTO agent, i paid him Rs.1050/- . after this, when i retrofitted LPG kit, to endorse in RC book, dealer asked me to pay Rs. 1500/-, i refused & asked him get me the all required doc's to RTO, with the help of my neighbour, who will work in B'lore north RTO, i made it for only Rs.55/-[govt fee], saving of rs,1445/-, so u have to search for these type of links to deal with RTO's, if u are ready to waste your time & energy, u can do RTO works by yourself.
Old 28th July 2006, 10:40   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

OT - Apart from new vehicle registration, I have found that my life membership with AASI really helps. I do pay AASI's fees, but then when there is work at the RTO, their person comes to the RTO for the work. And in case of buying a used car, their valuation fees was Rs/500.
Old 28th July 2006, 11:40   #29
BHPian

although i really resist the concept of bribe but its a tradeoff between ur time & money.

usually one wud have to take a full day off to get the vehicle registered. add to it the running around to various departments, tea-time, lunch-time & fultu sarkari attitude & god forbid before ur work gets over some1 shouting "ab kal aana". i mean this is really the scum in the system. if u r ready to do this & invest ur day then by all means this is the best policy.

but in today's world we try to squeeze every single off for our family & friends. given a choice i wud choose to spend some money on the registration & rather spend that day with my family.

IMHO this department should be closed & outsourced to a private player, who will give better service & we can grab hold of in case of ny descrepency.
Old 2nd August 2006, 17:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

[quote=mail4ajo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover

I agree 100% to this view. I have been cheated several times at the authorised service center, the dealership(you already know about it), But I will still go out and buy a Maruti product no matter what happens. Sometimes, these cars get into your blood................I have already planned my upgrade to Baleno in 3-4 years although I have driven my Alto just for about 1500kms.
hey aj,
u didn't read my post properly... i said the service during sales is bad...............BUT the service after sales is good.......if u feel that popular cheat is no good...try ABT. they have a branch in arumbakkam. take that extra effort, man, if u r really pissed off. i have experienced the best & the worst efforts from maruthi, but i will still say that they are the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks