Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2014, 12:28   #16
BHPian

re: Skoda does it again, Marikar (TVM). Rapid problem since 4 months. EDIT: Solved

Sad to hear this.
Skoda products make a great VFM case for themselves in the market specially considering how diesel-crazy we are. A lot of first-time customers are fooled into buying the cars without considering the after-sales support quality or the past history of issues with the company.
My brother was happily considering the new Octavia until he heard about the famous 'Skoda After Sales Experiences'. He wont touch Skoda with a barge pole now.

I dont understand, in this age of social networks how can a company be so chilled out about customer issues. Maybe its our toothless legal system which gives them the guts to treat the customers like junk.

Try doing this in China. Before you know it, the company will be thrown out of the country.

Shameful really.
Old 11th February 2014, 12:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda does it again, Marikar (TVM). Rapid problem since 4 months. EDIT: Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I can agree with your post only if you meant to keep out the word 'reliability' from good. A good car should be reliable too. If you are talking about smooth and powerful engine along with well built & premium cabin and body structure, that is Skoda- but so many cars failing to the ratio of cars sold puts a question mark on the reliability. Hence, do not agree with the 'good' remark
I agree with you fully. I should have used "fun to drive" instead.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 13:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Sad to hear this.
Skoda products make a great VFM case for themselves in the market specially considering how diesel-crazy we are.
Value for money in terms total cost of ownership over the life of the product?

Quote:
Try doing this in China. Before you know it, the company will be thrown out of the country.

Shameful really.
You have given the correct reason why Skoda (or any other manufacturer/seller in India) behaves the way it does.
Old 11th February 2014, 14:21   #19
BHPian

Even after all these threads people still buy skoda , even many team bhp member buy skoda cars albeit very few have good experiences but most have bad experiences.

Now a days it seems that its fashionable to buy expensive , unreliable cars and the term "quality of products" excludes durability , reliability and after sales support.

Being reliable is a down-market trait and budget brands like skoda are premium brands in India .

People who buy other reliable brands such as hyundai , honda , toyota etc by paying similar amounts of money(some times even more) in their respective segments as the skoda cars would be called as foxes calling the grapes sour.

People who know from their friend's , relative's experiences or technical expertise would be taunted for not being able to afford one.

Buying elantra or city might get you poohs and paahs where as buying octavia or rapid may be a symbol of royalty.

Any criticism of the brand may get you held by the scruff of your neck (though by very-very-very few people) .

All I'm saying is that I genuinely feel that skoda cars are not up to the mark and neither is their after sales support. Most evidences support this fact and very few are to the contrary.

No brick bats please I feel scared even before submitting my reply
fuelinmyveins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 15:10   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
People who know from their friend's , relative's experiences or technical expertise would be taunted for not being able to afford one.
I know what you are saying! At times, customer's have bigger ego than the manufacturers themselves!

But why are we hearing so much of such things happening only to Skoda cars? As if all other cars are bullock carts where nothing can go wrong? Poor quality control or poor build?

Or is Skoda playing the testing ground/ beta version for Volkswagen cars?

Last edited by saket77 : 11th February 2014 at 15:12.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 13:08   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda does it again - Marikar Skoda (Trivandrum). Rapid problem unsolved for 4 mo

Mod note: Please stay on-topic. The OP has a specific issue with his car at a specific dealership. Do not use this thread to generalize on the brand in question (we have enough Skoda threads to discuss those aspects) nor bring in other brands for comparison because these do not add value to the discussion. Any further off-topic posters will have action taken summarily on their accounts.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 18:42   #22
BHPian

Re: Skoda does it again - Marikar Skoda (Trivandrum). Rapid problem unsolved for 4 mo

A positive update : My friend received a call from Skoda India last Thursday where they heard his grievances in full. They promised to get the issue rectified by Monday. The person who called seemed very straight forward and they seem to have been following T-BHP threads on Skoda related issues.

He has received the car yesterday and nothing was charged. Marikar went the extra mile to ensure that he was happy. They told him that one of the fuel injectors had a problem, but they replaced all four as a good will gesture. They showed him the faulty injector as well. There was a sea change in the attitude and he certainly was very happy when I talked to him.

It need to be seen how long before any issue crops up. My friend is yet to close the case since it is too early to say anything.
kutts is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed