Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2006, 15:35   #136
BHPian

We are all waiting for the result of your case shiva. I am also one of the unfortunate ford customer and about to fight them on in the consumer court for delayed repair and overcharging. 3 months have gone and still not got back the car. We should start a "Dont buy Ford campaign" to wake them up and not take customers for a ride.
Old 27th November 2006, 15:42   #137
BHPian

Hi all,
I have submitted my arguments in writing. The case has been posted for the 6th of Dec for Metro Ford to file their arguments. Hopefully after that the judge will post the date for orders. Until then, take care.

Suhas
Old 8th December 2006, 13:30   #138
BHPian

Metro Ford was supposed to submit their arguments in writing yesterday, but as usual they asked for a later date and got it(26th Dec). Bumped into their lawyer before the hearing and he was bumbling about having an out of court settlement. Lets see how far they push this thing.
Until then, take care.
Old 8th December 2006, 16:04   #139
Senior - BHPian

Oops! This case is dragging on and on! It is high time we have Fast track Consumer Courts!

Shivasuma, Where is the Car? With you or with Metro ford?
Old 11th December 2006, 10:40   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Oops! This case is dragging on and on! It is high time we have Fast track Consumer Courts!

Shivasuma, Where is the Car? With you or with Metro ford?

The car is with Metro Ford. I did not take delivery of the car because that would mean I am accepting it as they give it to me. I have not seen the car in 8 months. I guess it must be in their repair centre at Peenya.

Also, I just received a letter from HDFC as my insurance is about to expire next month. Have to talk to my lawyer about that. As far as I know, I have to pay for it ( but will include it in the compensation).
Old 11th December 2006, 12:13   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just crossed off all Ford cars from my list of cars-to-buy.
@LLL : A bad experience due to the dealer does not mean the product is bad. On this forum we have many people who have had bad experiences with their respective dealers. While the above is your personal opinion, just my 2 cents here.
Old 11th December 2006, 14:16   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Bumped into their lawyer before the hearing and he was bumbling about having an out of court settlement. Lets see how far they push this thing..
Why not be open to offers ? Why cut your nose to spite their face. In doing an out of court settlement, they are admitting liability.

Option 1 would be: Look at their repairing your car plus some financial compensation for the loss of value. My guess is that car is a mess, sitting in the workshop gathering dust

Option 2 would be: Agree on a fair value predamage for your car and pay 50% of the difference between an identical new car ex showroom and your car value.

This case is going on too far, you are not winning anything by prolonging this and they have indicated an intent to settle this.

Believe me, I have seen a lot of miracles done in crash repairs at the Honda showroom so worth looking into
Old 11th December 2006, 16:06   #143
BHPian

I was open to offers, but they had ones where they would have minimal damage to them. Initially, I even went to the extent of just wanting the refund minus some amount deducted as I had used the car and it being a "2nd hand car".
Also gave them the option of selling the car + some extra amount that would be fair and acceptable to both parties. But alas, they wouldn't agree to it(because they knew the value of the car had gone down drastically after the accident).
It was like "its our way or the highway". Also, the attitude shown by them was the worst I have encountered.

I knew what I was getting into by going to consumer court. I might get a new car or I might have to go with the previous one. But, Metro Ford will definitely be more careful with other cars in the future and thats what we all want. They will think twice before taking someone for a ride.

Fiesta is definitely a good car(I have said it before) but what use is a good car if the service Ford provides is pathetic(Fiat???). Its just not my case alone, there have been many (as told by the service manager himself), but I guess others just settled for whatever they were offered because they were scared of getting lost in the judicial procedures.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2006, 11:20   #144
BHPian

10 months being without the car and going through all these harrasments. Too much to bear, but you have survived. Go on and sure one day you will get justice.

Car manufacturers who have bad A.S.S should be chucked out of the country. I would say that Fiesta is a good car, I myself own one. And ford makes lot of good cars too.

But if they dont care about a single customer then there is no point of them running a business.

The effort you have taken is commendable and such things go on to changing the rule book eventually. Good luck mate!
Old 18th December 2006, 15:04   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I was open to offers, but they had ones where they would have minimal damage to them. Initially, I even went to the extent of just wanting the refund minus some amount deducted as I had used the car and it being a "2nd hand car".
Also gave them the option of selling the car + some extra amount that would be fair and acceptable to both parties. But alas, they wouldn't agree to it(because they knew the value of the car had gone down drastically after the accident).
It was like "its our way or the highway". Also, the attitude shown by them was the worst I have encountered.

I knew what I was getting into by going to consumer court. I might get a new car or I might have to go with the previous one. But, Metro Ford will definitely be more careful with other cars in the future and thats what we all want. They will think twice before taking someone for a ride.
Shiv,
your case reminds me of my colleague in Mumbai who bought a fusion which would just stop and wouldnt start. Even after sending it to the service station atleast 4/5 times- and I could see and HEAR the exasperation of the otherwise soft spoken gentleman.. we finally got together to contact the media, along with speaking to the ford MD and copying all mails sent to media to their corporate communciations person- he understood the ramifications of a full blown crisis. Sometime later he got a refund, however i dont know how or how much.

While I speak to him to get some more details, must congratulate you for hanging on and fighting for what is right- it is easy to advice but very difficult to go through this ordeal- and its never about the money.

Its people like you who change the system and makes it easier for the rest of us. Thank you.

Samrat
Old 19th December 2006, 02:25   #146
Max
BHPian

I will make sure no one in my contacts deal with metro ford.
Old 19th December 2006, 19:17   #147
BHPian

Hi Shivasuma,

I fully support you in your cause against the Ford Dealer and the Indian judicial system.

It speaks volumes of how inefficient indian govt machinery is.

It is said that justice delayed is justice denied. Please do hang in there buddy. Wish you a resounding success.

And Ford, I'm not going to buy your vehicles.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 20th December 2006, 12:50   #148
BHPian

guess we should forward all these posts to the ford MD-then they will understand the real extent of the damage that has been caused!!after hearing the story of the gentleman and his fusion,i am glad i didnt buy a ford!!

shivasuma,wishing you all the best in your fight!!and lets hope many will be bold like you to fight for justice despite the inefficient judiciary,etc etc!!!
Old 21st December 2006, 22:33   #149
BHPian

hey shivasuma...... i just went thru the entire thread..... its hard to believe ford india simply washed their hands off the issue.... i mean i know its not their fault but they should at least have put in a strong word in your favour to metro ford......
i cant believe the kind of nonsense u have to put up wit in this

country....... 8 months and still no justice!? it mayb heading in the right direction but seems to be taking its own sweet @ss time!

hope all goes well!

P.S-from the looks of the posts on this thread metro ford seems to have lost so much business they may as well have given you a new car!!!
Old 21st December 2006, 22:35   #150
BHPian

hey shivasuma...... i just went thru the entire thread..... its hard to believe ford india simply washed their hands off the issue.... i mean i know its not their fault but they should at least have put in a strong word in your favour......

i cant believe the kind of nonsense u have to put up wit in this
country....... 8 months and still no justice!? it mayb heading in the right direction but seems to be taking its own sweet @ss time!

hope all goes well!

P.S-from the looks of the posts on this thread metro ford seems to have lost so much business they may as well have given you a new car!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks