Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2006, 10:07   #151
BHPian

Hi guys,
Case postponed to 10th January because the honorable judge decided to have an extended Christmas celebration and so did not turn up.
Till then take care.
Old 9th January 2007, 22:55   #152
BHPian

Ohhhhh....
i am so sorry for the wrong channel name...
It is not NDTV Profit... Its actually CNBC Awaaz!
If any senior can help me change this in the previous post?
Old 11th January 2007, 14:38   #153
BHPian

hey guys,
The same thing happened. The Ford guys asked for more time to submit their arguments in writing and for some reason the judge seems to agree with them. I was not in town so couldn't attend the hearing but had instructed my lawyer to request the judge not to give them any more time. Funny the judge thinks otherwise. The case has been reposted to the 24th. Until then take care.
Old 11th January 2007, 14:55   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
hey guys,
The same thing happened. The Ford guys asked for more time to submit their arguments in writing and for some reason the judge seems to agree with them. I was not in town so couldn't attend the hearing but had instructed my lawyer to request the judge not to give them any more time. Funny the judge thinks otherwise. The case has been reposted to the 24th. Until then take care.
what your lawyer should have done is to press for costs since Ford is taking repeated adjournements.

Another thing he could have pressed for is for Ford to deposit the value of the car in the court pending disposal of the case.

this usually results in less number of adjournements.
For furhter info, feel free to PM me.
Old 11th January 2007, 17:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

I dont think he can go to a newspaper now since the matter is sub judice.
Old 12th January 2007, 11:58   #156
BHPian

Shiva see this if it's of any help to you...

Hey Shiva,
See if this could help you in any ways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
"ARE U BEING HARASSED BY CONSUMER COURTS?

WE ARE GATHERING INFORMATION ON CORRUPT JUDGES, REGISTRARS & CLERKS
We have received many complaints from consumers that they are being harassed in the consumer courts when they go there to submit consumer complaint and attend hearings. They are not being served properly by the clerks, and the judges keep on giving hearing dates without arriving to judgment. These acts are contrary to the purpose of setting up of consumer courts that were basically meant to help the consumers. Please inform us if you have experienced or witnessed harassment or corruption. Inform us the exact time, date, and location of the incident in writing through duly signed letter. Your details will not be disclosed on this website, but you should be ready to co-operate when action against these people is initiated by nabbing them through proper channel.

For further clarifications you may contact:
Sri.ARUN SAXENA
International Consumer Rights Protection Council
B-9/55, Vijay Nagari,
P.O . Kasarvadavali,
Thane (West) 400601
Mumbai - India"
Just got this mail from one of my Friend, Lodge a complaint here this will surely help you. All the best man for keeping up the fite, don't let dis stupid guys go on...
Thanks,
../Mega
Old 18th January 2007, 18:21   #157
BHPian

As the time goes by I believe your resolve is strengthening every day. Wish you more luck! The day the judgement comes it will be in your favor!

As mentioned in another thread the defects that were noticed during delivery of my fiesta after service (work after accident) is still there. I have sent the car again to them with all the details noted and pictures attached in an email. My last attempt in getting MPL ford set them straight.
Old 22nd January 2007, 08:42   #158
Team-BHP Support

As the matter is sub-judice - I would advise people not to interfere with Ford, Metro Ford and other stakeholders with regardto this. We do not want to prejudice shivsuma's case and we need the law to takes its lengthy course.

Of course - please do your best in not recommending Metro Ford to others by word of mouth but do not interfre with this case
Old 8th February 2007, 14:00   #159
BHPian

Sorry for the delay in response guys. I was busy with my wedding.
I have not been able to go to the court either. I had a chat with my lawyer. Apparently no one from Metro Ford's side turned up for the previous hearing and the court has given them a last chance on 20th. Will keep you guys updated on the proceedings. Thanks for all the support.
Old 8th February 2007, 16:12   #160
Senior - BHPian

Wish you all the Best !

One of my collegues at office had a similar experince with metro Ford , but her Hubby being a defence personnel shot off a stinker letter to the Ford authourities and got things done in the way they she wanted it . She tells me that the guys from Ford Office in chennai was pretty prompt about returing her calls and arranging a stand in car for her sue while her own ford IKON was being repaired.

I coudl try to get you some contact details from here , but at this late hour i am not sure how effective that might be , still i will keep you posted with the contact details of the the Ford Personnel who were involved in resolving the issue with my colleague

And hey MY wishes to you on your wedding.................
Old 21st February 2007, 16:06   #161
BHPian

I was told by my lawyer that the judge gave no reason. I had asked my dad to request the judge for an early date and hence it was posted for next week.

Coincidentally today is the first anniversary of the "accident". Thought I should celebrate it with the hon. judge for letting the case drag on for so long.

Until then, you all take care.
Old 21st February 2007, 16:51   #162
BHPian

Hi shivasuma! I read this thread for nearly 2 hours now. Whew. But it is shocking that this happened to you. I'm so sorry to hear it. But I'm also happy that you're standing up to get what you need. Ford people are pathetic I know! I'm sorry too that its a year that has passed since the accident.

Our prayers are with you. Ill pray hard that you win and get back lots of compensation for all this trouble. I'll forward the message to everyone about this incident and taking a 2nd thought before buying a Ford.

Btw, I do agree 1000% on the way the ford people drive our cars. To be frank, I feel a LOT hurt when they drive like that. Once I saw this fellow playing around with MY car, when it was supposed to come to me to take it back after service, it had gone for a ride, and that too, hard on the speedbreakers. One reason why the car breaks down quickly is cause of those pathetic genius drivers!
Old 1st March 2007, 16:03   #163
BHPian

As usual the metro Ford lawyer didn't turnup. Only the assistant was present and he requested the judge for more time. The judge gave them time till 2nd March to file their side. The judge said he would pass the judgement on 2nd if they failed to submit their defense.
Old 3rd March 2007, 08:47   #164
BHPian

Hi all,
The case postponed to 16th since the president of the consumer forum could not make it to the hearing. Till then take care.
Old 3rd March 2007, 14:47   #165
BHPian

Horrible judicial system. Something should be done about this. Something like if you ask for postponement you should pay an amount (fee for every single additional postponement) every time (Say like Rs.1000-Rs.100000 or a percentage of the claim amount) to the court. It should be applicable for either party whoever asks for many postponements. It should not be refunded.

Otherwise there will not be discipline. Not only a harassment for the people involved but the judge is wasting tax payers money you see (his car, fuel, power bills, the involved party's fuel bills, delay in other cases due to handling this for such prolonged time, not only his time that of all officials involved etc etc). Judges should be judged by how they finish the cases effectively in less time. Judges who keep on postponing cases and let it drag shouldn't be promoted any further. No hike in salary should be given for them.

The corporate performance parameters have to be introduced for government officials too. Otherwise they will succeed in taking this country to dogs.
LandCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed