Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:11   #181
Team-BHP Support

Suman.. reading the judgement passed out to Varun had me in a state of shock.. no idea what state the poor guy himself would be in.

Under the present circumstances, what do you think Metro Ford would provide shiva with? Now they know that they have him at their mercy.
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:14   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Under the present circumstances, what do you think Metro Ford would provide shiva with? Now they know that they have him at their mercy.
I have no idea & it is kind of scary. They'll probably offer some paltry compensation (and maybe interest) and he'll still be stuck with the repaired car........can't see them giving him a new car now unless, as Rtech mentioned, there is a landmark judgement passed.......
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:54   #183
BHPian

If the judge is dragging his feet, then it could well mean that Metro Ford may have bribed him. Do not be surprised by that. These judges are as corrupt as other government officials. And they have the " Contempt of court" clause to protect them from charges of corruption. I was told by a person how he got a judgement from supreme court in his favour by paying Rs 1 Lakh 20 years ago( at that time 1 lakh was a huge amount).
Old 27th March 2007, 14:03   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Suman.. reading the judgement passed out to Varun had me in a state of shock.. no idea what state the poor guy himself would be in.
can some one provide me the link to this?
Old 27th March 2007, 14:17   #185
Senior - BHPian

Hey shiva one question ?
Assume that the judge passed a order than u get a new car and some compensation for legal and all . Can the metro ford guys challenge this at higher court and block your new car and compensation , then again you have fight them at the higher court ,untill it reached apex court :( ?

what will u do then ?

Shiva have to got this to newpapers ,all tv channels where ever possible ,thats the only way u can get a fair justice .
Damn shoot everyone .
Old 27th March 2007, 14:45   #186
Team-BHP Support

@black12rr : With the case currently being in court, Shiva cannot approach the media, as it would be seen as trying to sway opinion in his favor.
Old 4th April 2007, 10:19   #187
BHPian

Hi guys,
I have some good news. The judge said he couldn't give me all the reliefs that I asked for, but was going to pass an order asking Metro Ford to give me a new car. The order will be passed on the 11th. He meanwhile asked Metro Ford to settle the matter before it goes on record. So basically Metro Ford has time till 11th to agree to give me a new car by going in for a settlement with me. Will let you guys know what Metro Ford does.
Thanks for all the support. It wouldn't be possible without you guys. Thanks again.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2007, 10:27   #188
Team-BHP Support

Great news Shiva! All that hard work paid off!

Quote:
He meanwhile asked Metro Ford to settle the matter before it goes on record.
However, this concerns me. It seems the judge is hesitant to put this on record. This clearly points to some sort of underhand activity, whereby either the manufacturer or the dealer is paying him off. As, if this is on record, it makes for a clear cut decision for all future cases.

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid and the judge feels that by putting it on record, the case would drag on for much longer.
Old 4th April 2007, 10:37   #189
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shivasuma, this is WONDERFUL news! Hopefully, this is light at the end of the tunnel though I too am wondering like Rtech as to why he didn't put it on record. Your patience & perseverence have paid off, you deserve this! I'm going to keep my fingers & toes crossed till the middle of next week - hopefully you'll be having your new car by then.Cheers!!!!

Last edited by suman : 4th April 2007 at 10:42.
Old 4th April 2007, 11:38   #190
Senior - BHPian

Thats great! you owe us a beer!!!
So where do you plan to service it after getting the car. I wonder whether there is any 'record' till now on this case. If there is any type of record, it will be sufficient for such things to be fought with. Will be of much help for others out here. Keep happy and enjoy. There was a lot of interest in this one off case in the whole forum if i am not wrong.
As your sign says, you have suceeded. Now go on holiday.
Old 4th April 2007, 11:53   #191
Team-BHP Support

Well done

Make sure the new car is registered in your name etc and don't sign anything off or withdraw case until you have the car in hand. They might sign an agreement, make you withdraw case and then sit on it
Old 4th April 2007, 12:15   #192
LLL
BHPian

well done!!

my 2 cents...

If judge were to pass a judgement, it would allow metro ford to challenge it in state forum and allow them to drag this further. On the other hand, if he were to pass a judgement, u can challenge it in state forum for insufficient compensation. So basically he is allowing both parties to settle this faster and giving some benefit to both.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:22   #193
Senior - BHPian

Congrats shivasuma, this is indeed terrific news for all. Dont be too concerned about the order as long as you get a new car registered in your name, as ajmat has rightly said. Make sure this happens before you give in to any of their demands.
cheers
Old 4th April 2007, 12:38   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Well done

Make sure the new car is registered in your name etc and don't sign anything off or withdraw case until you have the car in hand. They might sign an agreement, make you withdraw case and then sit on it
And make sure you do a thorough PDI. Considering their behaviour/lack of integrity in the past, I am sure they will try to pass off a lemon to you.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:45   #195
Senior - BHPian

Well done Shiva! Make sure that the dealer does not try any smart moves with you this time around get the car, register it in your name & then only fulfill whatever they ask you to do.

Most Viewed