Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 13:56   #241
BHPian

After going through your thread its great to see you win the court battle.. Hats off to you and good luck...

I think Metro ford will never learn from their mistakes... Heights of negligence from Metro ford... They should be taught a lesson.. Please publish this is some of the newpapers/magazines...
Old 27th June 2007, 15:00   #242
BHPian

Good to know that you won the case.I think Metro ford will never learn from their mistakes.You should definitely not leave them,publish these in newspapers,ACI etc,forward the link of this thread to all friends with cc to metro ford and Ford customer care.
For this Attitude of metro ford they are already loosing their customers which makes a bigger loss than giving you a new car.
Old 28th June 2007, 00:26   #243
Senior - BHPian

Have been following this thread for quite some time now, CONGRATS on winning the case,
Metro Ford is owned by a reknown family and they own many car dealerships in the family, for manufacturers like GM, Merc and Skoda also is in the same family I guess.
Try and publish the whole story on some newspaper, I guess most mainstream papers like TOI etc are majorly biassed and will not publish the thing, but if they do then it will get huge negative publicity all over.
Old 28th June 2007, 08:46   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Have been following this thread for quite some time now, CONGRATS on winning the case,
Metro Ford is owned by a reknown family and they own many car dealerships in the family, for manufacturers like GM, Merc and Skoda also is in the same family I guess.
Try and publish the whole story on some newspaper, I guess most mainstream papers like TOI etc are majorly biassed and will not publish the thing, but if they do then it will get huge negative publicity all over.
errrm

Metro Ford is owned by the India Garage lot - M&M, HM etc

TVS - Merc, GM

TAFE - Skoda and TAFE tractors

Advaith + Garuda + Cauvery are owned by one group
Old 5th July 2007, 20:23   #245
Senior - BHPian

Congrats shiv....

To teach them a lesson, my suggestion would be hold the placard that says Metro Ford servicing sucks in front of their showroom.....You can do this with the help of some of your friends / family members. All u need to do is stand there for couple of days with the placard preferably on holidays.....U also need to hold out some printouts/pamphlets informing your incident with the servicing.....

This incident was supposed to be done by my colleague in Kolkata (his home town). Actually, he had bought a Nike shoes and after one week the sole ripped off. He went to showroom and asked for refund / replacement. They did not agree. All he informed them was the above idea and they quietly agreed for replacement and they replaced his shoes. Tough shoes has a very less value compared to car, but i feel this idea works.

Just give a thought about the above idea...........
Old 6th July 2007, 16:38   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Metro Ford has chosen to ignore the court's order I guess(I haven't received any legal notice from the state forum). I am filing for an execution order. I think they wouldn't be foolish enough to ignore that one too.
This is really bad by metro ford. Please keep your patience. Things should work out.
Old 12th July 2007, 11:38   #247
BHPian

I have an update guys. Metro Ford has filed a condonation (for delay in appealing) in the state forum. So they have decided to fight the case further. I will get to know of the first hearing soon. Till then take care.
Old 12th July 2007, 11:57   #248
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what makes Metro Ford fight! It looks like an open and shut case against them. Either their lawyer is intelligent enough to make them believe that he is intelligent or they are banking on you not fighting it out against them. I admire your fighting spirit and I hope that things are faster in the state court. All the best to you.
Old 12th July 2007, 12:02   #249
BHPian

I don't know what they are thinking. I just want to make sure no hanky panky happens in the state forum. I have heard stories about such things ( Varun's is one such). I got to be very careful and cautious.
Old 12th July 2007, 13:10   #250
BHPian

shivasuma - i went through the whole thread - I have already advised 3 ppl I know (who were talking to metro for a new car) against metro ford.

Keep it up, you inspire us all to fight with the stupid system and I am sure you will soon get the brand new car and compensation. Btw a belated congrats on your wedding

All - Do we know what other dealerships metro groups own, I will tell everyone in my office to stop buying cars from these guys and try to officially get these guys as the not preferred car vendors for our company car lease scheme. Others can do the same in their companies also - as bangy is a place where a lot of buying happens via company car lease and metro will see a big hit in sales - maybe ford will take notice too.
Old 13th July 2007, 11:26   #251
BHPian

LLL,
I don't think I can oppose the condonation. Metro Ford will have to deposit some money while filing for an appeal.
I think its more of an ego issue with Metro Ford now rather than fighting for what they perceive as the right. They probably are also afraid of more such cases if they agreed to the district forum's order. They don't want this case to be an example.
Old 13th July 2007, 11:42   #252
Senior - BHPian

Shiva its high time u go to local and national news channels , or send few of ur ppl with big video camera to take a find out about the incident .This will surely scare them off.
Let the news come in local and national channels and see how they buckle , man arent u tired ?

Last edited by black12rr : 13th July 2007 at 11:43.
Old 13th July 2007, 12:55   #253
BHPian

Black12rr,
I wanted to do it a long time ago but was advised against it by my lawyer. I had written to Autocar and Overdrive to get it published but I guess they get their revenue from Ford too and hence ignored my letter/email.
Old 13th July 2007, 13:44   #254
BHPian

Shiv, could you give me the autocar, overdrive contact details. I want to give a try writing to them on some issues that I have faced with Ford. Filthy idiots cant fix the vibrating steering in my fiesta for the last 6 months!
Old 13th July 2007, 13:53   #255
BHPian

Shiv, You could post some information like given below as a recap of the events.

Incident date:
Case filed date:
No of postponements of the hearing:
Judgement date:
condonation filed date:
personal time loss for you:
personal money loss for you:
other details if any.

As the thread has grown really big this recap will help understand the full history easily. For the benefit of everyone. Would you like to communicate offline to as many people as possible. There are so many techies out there in bangalore wanting to buy a fiesta may be. Let us stop it big time from them turning up at metro ford.

Most Viewed