Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 20:29   #271
Senior - BHPian

Thats good idea we should do something about this. This is too much.

Today I heard Ford and GM both have lot of trouble with their business going down because of tough compitetion from Toyota/Honda etc. Japaaneese cars.

This is one reason why GM started aggressive business in few countries like India bringing lot of new models, since they can't survive in markets like USA they can try to make profit in countries like India.

Ford in India anyway has not so hot autoline. Only its Ikons, Fiestas have found some volumme sales. Trust me neither Ikon nor Fiesta not good cars at least according to me I never liked Ford and I suggest never buy Ford cars when we have other better cars.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th August 2007, 00:29   #272
Team-BHP Support

OT: hmmm Toyota and Honda rules, but what has it got to do with a stupid dealer in Bangalore who bashed up a car given for service!!

IMHO all dealers irrespective of manufacturer is equally good or bad, its just that some are represented well in forums like this and problems come to light, thats all.

Shiva, hang in tight, cant imagine the pain running behind all this without the car :(
Old 6th August 2007, 12:02   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Ford in India anyway has not so hot autoline. Only its Ikons, Fiestas have found some volumme sales. Trust me neither Ikon nor Fiesta not good cars at least according to me. I never liked Ford and I suggest never buy Ford cars when we have other better cars.
Agreed we have a dealer at fault, and we are doing what it takes on the forum so as not to deal with them, and also divert 'What Car' seekers to their competition. But to go at length and claim all vehicles from that particular brand is not worthy isnt the right way to go about it. Even certain MUL customers have had bad experiences, so what we call Marutis, then?

Owing to lack of first hand experience from the person who made this statement, i think we can safely ignore the above.
Old 7th August 2007, 03:11   #274
BHPian

Man..
I was about to book a Fiesta 1.4Tdci when I accidently stumbled on this thread..I am never gonna even look at a Ford in my life...

Shiva..I know this has been told time and again. but Justice will prevail and you ll get all your toil's worth....

Cheers..
Old 12th August 2007, 23:25   #275
Senior - BHPian

how long has it been?

1. File for interest claim.

2. Its easy to prove they are bluffing on 6 months delivery when every other dealership in India is giving second day delivery.

3. Ask for your money back if they cant provide you with a car. Show that its affecting your daily life.

4. Press claims that this is giving you mental stress. Call the press walas and media walas.

5. Its time you include ford India in this. They have already lost 5-6 potential customers. show them this thread.
Old 13th August 2007, 11:28   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know what to say...
But one sauggestion - if they say they can't give you a car for 6 months, this can be used as the grounds for the court to give ruling that they should then give you the money or the interest for 6 months + new car.

BTW, has the court considered the loss of interest money on your car loan when your car is actually in the custody of Metro Ford? I think court should rule to give you the compensation for this.

I am standing by for some good news.

May the good sense and integrity prevail in the court and at Metro Ford.
Old 14th August 2007, 15:55   #277
BHPian

Hi all,
Just heard from my dad ( he had been to court) that Metro Ford has agreed to give me a new car within 29th of this month. Will get the rest of the details later. Till then, take care.

Suhas
Old 14th August 2007, 16:10   #278
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. You have made it at last! If Metro had done it a year back, it would have saved their time and yours too. But, justice prevails.
Old 14th August 2007, 16:24   #279
BHPian

Considering the entire story behind them giving you a new car, would really suggest that you take a mechanic / service advisor (if possible) from another Ford dealer, to ensure that they don't pass a lemon to you.

Remember the adage....."Once bitten, twice shy". Make sure that you cover ALL the angles before signing on the acceptance form.
Old 14th August 2007, 16:25   #280
Team-BHP Support

And the note of caution in this mood of jubiliation (someone's got to do that as well). Be very careful about what they are delivering to you. Remember, a new car means a "new" car. And Ford is not going to change any terms for a new car in a one off case.

So basically you should get new set of warranties, service coupons etc. Everything has to be new about it. Also check twice over for any signs that may just make you suspicious. It pays to be doubly cautious, particularly with these guys. And, oh yes. Try not to take the same color as your previous car if possible. Check the date of manufacture of the car and also the tyres. Do not accept any car which was manufactured more than a month before.

Last edited by Zappo : 14th August 2007 at 16:27.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2007, 16:35   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey great.
Please watch out for Metro Ford's cunningness.

And do post how you verified that it's brand new car - will help everyone who gets into such situations....

---CONGRATULATIONS---
Old 14th August 2007, 18:45   #282
LLL
BHPian

:: Home - Metro Ford::

So they have the temerity to put up a website which also features a feedback page...
Old 15th August 2007, 12:03   #283
Team-BHP Support

Congrats!

As everybody is suggesting, go through proper precaution for your new car.

Off topic, I'm really interested to see the court's final verdict note. I'm sure, it'll be interesting. Share with us if possible.
Old 15th August 2007, 13:07   #284
BHPian

Firstly congratulation!

But, I would still not start celebrating till the car is safely parked in my porch especially after having gone through so much. The Metro Ford guys cannot be trusted till the deal is done and the dotted line is signed.
Old 15th August 2007, 18:37   #285
BHPian

Hey Shiva !!

I would say that put a plea in court that you have lost trust on this dealer and rather get cash / DD so that you can buy it from another Ford dealer.

As someone pointed out be extremely careful on what car he delivers to you........ could be a refurbished piece.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks