Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2006, 11:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

shaz, does it mean that cauvery ford doesnt have this clause ? Do they specifically, accept responsibility for the car while it is in their custody ?
Old 20th July 2006, 11:53   #47
Team-BHP Support

Q: whenever i send my car for service (Skoda/Opel/Honda) they visually survey the car externally and note down which panels/bumpers/lights have any damage. If they can abdicate all responsibility why do they do this?

It can be implied by this that the dealer has SOME responsibility. Besides dealers are known to be difficult. In the auto world (as in other industries) it is in the manufacturer's interest to resolve this with the least ammount of "fanfare". Funny Ford India does not think likewise. Bad publicity of this kind can do more damage than the 1-2L hit they would take. After all the damaged car will be sold as a used car and there is not much one can do about that.
Old 20th July 2006, 12:15   #48
Team-BHP Support

This is similar to giving your car to a valet who in return gives you the chit for it which says that they bear no responsibility. However, I remember reading about a court case where the verdict stated that they could not be absolved of all blame just because they hand you that small chit.

I'm sure your lawyer would be able to find that case, which would only strenghten your position in this fight.

Good luck to you.
Old 20th July 2006, 12:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

i remember hearing something on FM radio recently wherein someone from teh consumer court was saying that even though its written that malls are responsible for vehicles parked inside them....they can be held responsible for any damages or thefts..

No way that you are going to accept that car ...if its was teh US ,then in daddition to a replacement vehicle you could have claimed damages for emotional trauma and also claim damages on time lost by travelling in public transport as you did not have the car with you .
Old 20th July 2006, 12:41   #50
BHPian

Prashanth,
Just because they make you sign a document which absolves them of any "accident" doesnt mean they can drive the car irresponsibly. The dude was testing the car at 110+ kmph in Bangalore city(specifically on Queens road where the accident took place according to Metro Ford). What does it say about them? Irresponsible??? Hell yeah. If it had happened maybe on a highway( where high speeds are achieved ) maybe then they might have a point. But this testing was ridiculous to say the least.

About the value of the car in the used market, the service guy said its value was 7 lakhs before repair and 7.2 lakhs after repair(!!!!). I then asked him to sell the car without repairing and pay me the remaining balance. He for some reason didn't agree to it. It was plain simple that he was lying. I then asked one of my acquaintance (who owns an used car showroom) what the value of my car would be and he said maybe around 5-5.5 lakhs, max 6 after repairing. Usually people bargain for less if they get to know that the car has had an accident. Even if they didn't know about the accident, fiesta being a recent release, they would approach Metro Ford for the car details. Metro Ford would have to tell them the truth. If they did lie about the accident to the prospective customer, then imagine what they would do to me now?

I just hope I am done with this Ford crap. At this point of time I am praying I get my money back even if it means I lose some of it. If I get a new/repaired car, I probably will ask cauvery Ford to service my car.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2006, 14:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma
Prashanth,
Just because they make you sign a document which absolves them of any "accident" doesnt mean they can drive the car irresponsibly. The dude was testing the car at 110+ kmph in Bangalore city(specifically on Queens road where the accident took place according to Metro Ford). What does it say about them? Irresponsible??? Hell yeah. If it had happened maybe on a highway( where high speeds are achieved ) maybe then they might have a point. But this testing was ridiculous to say the least.

About the value of the car in the used market, the service guy said its value was 7 lakhs before repair and 7.2 lakhs after repair(!!!!). I then asked him to sell the car without repairing and pay me the remaining balance. He for some reason didn't agree to it. It was plain simple that he was lying. I then asked one of my acquaintance (who owns an used car showroom) what the value of my car would be and he said maybe around 5-5.5 lakhs, max 6 after repairing. Usually people bargain for less if they get to know that the car has had an accident. Even if they didn't know about the accident, fiesta being a recent release, they would approach Metro Ford for the car details. Metro Ford would have to tell them the truth. If they did lie about the accident to the prospective customer, then imagine what they would do to me now?

I just hope I am done with this Ford crap. At this point of time I am praying I get my money back even if it means I lose some of it. If I get a new/repaired car, I probably will ask cauvery Ford to service my car.
Hi Suhas, this is Adarsh. We've met through Indiacar that idiotic forum. I guess you feel you're getting more professional and unbiased replies and messages here.

I dont think you should worry because you signed a document. I certainly feel it doesnt have any legal validity. You can book the idiot who tested the car. No way you're allowed to drive at 110+ kph in a crowded city like bangalore any time of a day. Even if the consumer court rejects (which I dont think will happen) you can file the case in high court. I strongly believe you should fight. As long as judiciary is there I dont think you'll fail this case.
Old 20th July 2006, 15:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

From support team:

Post deleted.

Do not give anybody's phone number in an open forum. Lots may go wrong in this process.

If you need to do so, use PM.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th July 2006 at 15:54.
Old 20th July 2006, 16:37   #53
BHPian

It is sad that one more brand of car is getting a bad name. I thought that Fiesta diesal would be good option. Now I'm changing my thoughts and am going to stick with maruti.

What use is a car if the dealers and service is bad.

I can feel the amount of frustration and difficulties you will be going through. Please do not give up the fight.

Regards

lsjey
Old 20th July 2006, 16:52   #54
BHPian

It is your complaint that made him drive at that speed, wobble at that speed means the balancing was wrong and nothing more in a new car, It is called an accident for a reason it cannot be intentional, regarding used car value ask Ford used dividion in the same dealership to evaluate and then take it to the service division for the remaining amount, if necessary talk to V T Velu, the owner or any of his relatives to solve the problem, if it was Cauvery Ford i would have helped you as I know the owners personally, mean while talk to Ford, not email but call the factory and talk to the dealership manager incharge of Bangalore or if they have a regional office here in bangalore.In case of New car they will pay only showroom costs and not the on road costs, the payment will go to the Financier. Here again the financier will not close the account within six months, even if he does they wil charge you six months intrest plus 4% foreclosure charges which you will have to pay
Old 20th July 2006, 17:53   #55
BHPian

Please write a detailed report on Mouthshut.They already have three reviews on Metro Ford.
Old 20th July 2006, 19:34   #56
BHPian

"It is your complaint that made him drive at that speed".

wow, now its my fault? I just don't know what to say about that comment.
So is he right in testing the car at that speed in the city? you are now sounding like the service manager of Metro Ford.
Nobody in their right mind would try to do it in Bangalore City. If this had happened with you would you have accepted the repaired car? No way.
And nobody would intentionally cause an accident. That would be ridiculous to say so. I am just saying it was irresponsible and I don't want to be penalized because of that. Just because you leave a car for service doesnt mean you are giving them the right to do whatever they feel like with it.

I dont care what cost they bear(showroom or on-road). I just want a new car. Its their fault, why should I pay for it?!!!! As far as talking goes, haven't heard from them in 4 weeks ( after they wanted an out-of-court settlement). this shows how much they care. I even went to the extent of asking them a new car and no compensation for what I had to go thru.

Well, whats done is done. Will see what happens next.
Old 21st July 2006, 11:51   #57
BHPian

sir no pun intended, I was telling about how the arguemrent will go in the court to preare you for the worst case scenarios, you cant be stuck on one thing only, you need to keep contingencies, whther life or any material
Old 21st July 2006, 12:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth
sir no pun intended, I was telling about how the arguemrent will go in the court to preare you for the worst case scenarios, you cant be stuck on one thing only, you need to keep contingencies, whther life or any material
i agree over here better get ur lawyer prepared for this
Old 21st July 2006, 14:45   #59
BHPian

Hey guys,
Just came back from the court. The case got adjourned to Monday.

Prashanth,

I have other points too, but what I mentioned is the most important one. If I hadn't prepared for the worst, I never would have approached the court and would have settled for a repaired car.

Believe me, it pains a lot when your brand new car ( no matter what the price and for which you waited a long time) is messed up this way.
Old 21st July 2006, 14:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
shaz, does it mean that cauvery ford doesnt have this clause ? Do they specifically, accept responsibility for the car while it is in their custody ?
hey Condor,
Well, As of late i have no experience with Cauvery ford, but they did not have this clause 1.5 years back when i last went to Cauvery ford. And the clause appeard in only recently in Metro ford cos there was a similar incident a couple of years back at Metro Ford and the owner of the vehicle sued Metro Ford.
The point is the service/ dealer can test the car but not at the cost of the owner. I have seen many service guys treat customers cars as toys and play with em as if it was their fathers car!! This is just insane..they ought to be responsible for what they do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks