Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2007, 12:54   #196
BHPian

Knowing how things work in India, It will be premature to celebrate till you actually get the things in black and white and in concrete form. There can be many a slip between the cup and the lip.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:18   #197
Senior - BHPian

one think that keeps coming to my mind is where are you gonna take the car for service
the metro ford guys will try to make it even and the rest of ford dealer to as the dealer have some understanding to with each other dealers
so think you are better of by taking cash and buying some other car

anyways congrates on the judgement
Old 4th April 2007, 13:22   #198
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shiva I have been a silent speactator on this thread and have followed it closely.
Stumbled upon this thread when I was reading reviews about the Ford Fiesta and was helping a colleague buy a Fiesta.. This was around the same time I joined this lovely place.

Trust me, we were on time to read what your went through and my colleague backed off from buying any car from Ford , leave alone a Fiesta.

Honestly you have worked your way to victory with the right spirit and perseverance all through.. To top it up,our judicial system dint let you down with the verdict though the hearing was postponed many a times.

I had no hopes in the system because on every instance bribes and influence works 1st with our system .

Good luck mate and am sure each and every member here is really apppyyyy for you from the bottom of their hearts .
Old 4th April 2007, 13:43   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Great news Shiva! All that hard work paid off!

However, this concerns me. It seems the judge is hesitant to put this on record. This clearly points to some sort of underhand activity, whereby either the manufacturer or the dealer is paying him off. As, if this is on record, it makes for a clear cut decision for all future cases.

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid and the judge feels that by putting it on record, the case would drag on for much longer.
Rtech,

The judge just gave them a last chance (thats what he said to them in court). He said they would be better off settling out of court because he would anyways pass an order for a new car. He said they could appeal in the state forum and stopped short of saying it would be useless trying that option.
But I will be cautious and until he writes down the order nothing can be taken for granted. If Metro Ford were to agree for a settlement I should be hearing from them in 2 days.

About the service part, (If I get the new car)I am thinking of getting my car serviced at Cauvery Ford. As far as I know my friend's relative is the owner and I might ask him to say a word or 2 to make sure they dont try any tricks. As another option, I might even sell the car if I get a good price and buy a verna.
Old 4th April 2007, 13:49   #200
Team-BHP Support

Shiva, why didnt u buy your car from Cauvery in the first place?
Old 4th April 2007, 14:47   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Shiva, why didnt u buy your car from Cauvery in the first place?
Cauvery Ford is far from my place. Metro Ford is pretty close to my house and is about 300 meters from my office. That was the reason why I bought it at Metro Ford. Also made some enquiries regarding who was better and heard that both were equally good (or bad).
Old 4th April 2007, 15:03   #202

Hi Suhas,

I am really sorry for you and your vehicle as it hurts to know becuase of someone else mistake you have to suffer,
You have done right thing by taking Metro Ford to Counsumer court.Lets hope for the best.

I have number for FORD's Direct customer griveance cell.
https://www.secure.india.ford.com/se...Page&c=DFYPage

you have to enter the complaint initally they had number but nowdays after submiting the problems they give u call.

I think they will take care of problem.

I wish u luck to get a new car and damages for irresponsible behaviour.

In india customer is not treated and taken for ride. I appreciate that you are fighting for you rights.

All the best.

Abhi
Old 4th April 2007, 15:06   #203
Senior - BHPian

Hi Suhas,

This is really a great news. We are all happy for you! We will however keep our fingers crossed till you actually drive out in your new car. May be ask for a shade that is not available with Metro Ford for your new car. This will then obviously come from the factory and even then do a detailed inspection of your new car before accepting it.

Hoping that you will also get compensated for all the trouble you have taken during these long months.

Biju
Old 5th April 2007, 13:35   #204
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
If Metro Ford were to agree for a settlement I should be hearing from them in 2 days.

Seeing how stupid metro ford is, i wouldnt be surprised if they

1. speak to you just before the start of the hearing on 11th and offer an out of court settlement

or

2. let the judge pass a judgement and then challenge it in state forum. That way they can drag it further (stupidity - they are wasting money on litigation and pissing off the judge as well)

By the way, is the judge going to allow you compensation for litigation expenses?
Old 7th April 2007, 01:33   #205
BHPian

I am new in here guys

I had a very bad expirience with Fortune Ford ( Hyderabad )

I purchased a Fiesta Petrol 1.4 EXI Model on Nov 14th 2006. I was a newbie to cars . On my friends advice i went for few accessories .. the wiring part was not done properly and after 3 days there was some short and 2 wires got burnt. I just drove the car for one day .. one day for accessories fitting and third day this happened . I took the car to service station . they said they cant do anything under warranty nor under insurance as i had accessories fitting done. They said i had to pay overall 85,000 Rs to get the complete wiring of the car done ( they cant replace two wires ) ( The car was 3 days old ) . So i just asked the accessories ppl to come and check the car as they were responsible. The service manager over there told them to get the car wiring done outside. they got someone worked in ford and replaced the two wires . it was working fine for few hours then the battery was suddenly going down even when the car was running.then again i took the car to service station . i said them i am willing to pay one lakh . asked them to take this car and provide me with a new car. they sent evaluation team ... they decided my car was worth 3 Lakhs ( I had to pay 6.8 L for purchasing it and around 50K for extra fittings overall 7.3L ) . I was just shocked to hear that they want me to pay extra 3.8 L for a 3 days old car .... at last i had to sell the car outside on 13th December for 4.6 Lakhs and get a new zen estilo which costed me around 4.56 L ( High end version ).
Old 7th April 2007, 10:03   #206
BHPian

hi students its a well know fact once u cut the wires or mess around with electricals the warranty is void and that applies to any manufacturer i think so,u should have caught the accessories guys by the collar for messing up your electriclas thats the reason always go to reputed shops,bye the way if you where ready to pay 1lakh u could have easily got the complete wiring done by ford and just to save rs85000 u let go of 3.3lakhs by selling your car for 4.6lakhs and got a zen estilo which is no where compared to the ford fiesta in terms of comfort and drive

Last edited by yogi1771 : 7th April 2007 at 10:06.
Old 9th April 2007, 16:56   #207
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations Shiva.. The kind of patience and follow up that you must have done, I can only imagine.. Its like working another job. However its great to know that the issue will close in your favour. If after such hard work and all advice , the judgement were to go in favour of the other party, it would have been the epitomy of the already sorry state of our judicial system.. Congrats again mate.. We're all waiting for the 11th now ..
Old 9th April 2007, 17:15   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Great news Shiva! All that hard work paid off!

However, this concerns me. It seems the judge is hesitant to put this on record. This clearly points to some sort of underhand activity, whereby either the manufacturer or the dealer is paying him off. As, if this is on record, it makes for a clear cut decision for all future cases.

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid and the judge feels that by putting it on record, the case would drag on for much longer.

Although I don't blame you for the cynicism, as a lawyer I feel that the judge is soing thsi to favour Shivasuma. In case Metro agrees for a compromise, he will pass an order based on the compromise and that order will be binding on both parties and will be non-appealable. in case he passes an order on merites, then either party has the right ot appeal which may drag things.
Old 9th April 2007, 17:50   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by students View Post
I didnot want to have that car again ...it messed with my time my patience my money.... so had to sell it off and get a small car which released same day when i sold fiesta .. anyways i am looking to buy one more car .. just thinking which one to go for .. Fiesta or Logan or Verna ... I love Civic but the mileage sucks
OT
fiesta verna and logan are cheaper by 3-4 lakhs than a civic
and you cann't compare all the three with a civic and no way that civic mileage sucks if you can afford 11.45L car you can live 9ish mileage

but if u you campare a guy buying a car for 6.5L he would never buy a car with 9ish mileage figure untils a palio 1.6 or ikon 1.6 but both give more than 9
Old 11th April 2007, 15:57   #210
BHPian

Hi guys,
As I expected, Metro Ford did not get in touch with my lawyer. In the court today, their lawyer failed to turn up and instead sent his assistant who informed the judge that they were not willing to give me a new car. So the judge said that he will write an execution order for a new car or ask Metro Ford to refund me the money plus interest. I will know the exact details when I get the order on 27th.

Looks like Metro Ford is going to appeal in the state commission. I am ready for yet another battle(hopefully a shorter one). Till then take care.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed