Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 16:05   #211
BHPian

Shivasuma

I was reading about a similar case today, where the hyundai car company was ordered to reimburse the amount paid by the Defendent in lieu of a faulty car

Hope this info can help you in some way

Cheers
Courtesy:
Fuel leak lands car maker in Rs 6-lakh soup-Auto Discourse-Fast Forward-Indiatimes Auto
Old 14th April 2007, 14:45   #212
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hi guys,
So the judge said that he will write an execution order for a new car or ask Metro Ford to refund me the money plus interest.
my 2 cents:

it would be good if judge specifies cost+interest. you should ask for money only. Metro ford would need to deposit some portion of this amount with state forum before appealing. Also, interest amt would continue to increase while metro ford drag this. (more money per car )

you wont get this advantage if judge were to specify a car and knowing metro ford - i expect them to give u another lemon. They will probably think that after going through this, you wouldnt have the energy to go to consumer court again for the new car.
Old 23rd April 2007, 20:31   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Shivasuma

I was reading about a similar case today, where the hyundai car company was ordered to reimburse the amount paid by the Defendent in lieu of a faulty car

Hope this info can help you in some way

Cheers
Courtesy:
Fuel leak lands car maker in Rs 6-lakh soup-Auto Discourse-Fast Forward-Indiatimes Auto
Hi sreedotk,

Thanks a million for this info. I can't thank you enough because these are the precise words I have used in my complaint against Tata Motors for the defective Sumo Victa GXTC that they have sold to me. This would make an icing over the cake.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-motors.html

Moreover I am glad that more and more people are pulling these manufacturers to the right Forum to get their due. Its only a matter of time before these guys would realise that its not worth going this far and would willing to replace the car over the counter than than pay a full refund plus damages.

Three cheers to Sreedotk.... Hip Hip Hurray............

So long....
Old 24th April 2007, 21:26   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the court today, their lawyer failed to turn up and instead sent his assistant who informed the judge that they were not willing to give me a new car.
It looks like their lawyer is more arrogant than Metro ford chaps!!

I guess once you get the order, you should go to town with it and make sure it appears in all the newspaper, especially those in circulation in Bangalore, regardless of whether they appeal or not. For good measure, I hope they also publish the name of lawyer who lost the case
Old 24th April 2007, 21:52   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
It looks like their lawyer is more arrogant than Metro ford chaps!!

I guess once you get the order, you should go to town with it and make sure it appears in all the newspaper, especially those in circulation in Bangalore, regardless of whether they appeal or not. For good measure, I hope they also publish the name of lawyer who lost the case
I know i should not be saying this , but the way our friend has been treated we should all show our solidarity and boycott metro ford for any purchases of any of the ford vehicles and also detain our freinds and relatives from doing so. After going thru the entire thread i see that our consumer courts are just consumer friendly only for the namesake. More powere to you shiva and all those people who have supported him. I think if anybody has contacts in the press one should make this thread public and put metro ford to shame. That is the only way of nailing these metro ford people's A**.
Old 25th April 2007, 01:09   #216
Senior - BHPian

I think members in Bangalore and Hyderabad should visit Metro Ford in the disguise of customers, listen to all their sweet talking and then finally mention to them about this case and how blatantly they cheated the customer and you don't want to deal with them.
50 such incidents and they would get the point. If possible talk to senior people at dealership.
Old 25th April 2007, 16:32   #217
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
50 such incidents and they would get the point. If possible talk to senior people at dealership.
I dont think even senior staff would have the temerity to treat a customer like this unless they had the backing of owner.

So, i think, its the mindset of the owner of metro ford that has brought the situation to this. Talking to sr management wouldnt help. Its the owner who needs to understand that finally he is loosing the customers.

If the dealership goes red, most employees would find other jobs and owner would be left with debts/losses AND COURT CASES

Last edited by LLL : 25th April 2007 at 16:36.
Old 6th May 2007, 20:40   #218
BHPian

yeah, the judge asked me if I wanted an execution order and I have asked for it. Unfortunately, the judge is on leave and I will get the order sometime next week.
Old 8th May 2007, 20:34   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
yeah, the judge asked me if I wanted an execution order and I have asked for it. Unfortunately, the judge is on leave and I will get the order sometime next week.
Seems like this is a regular practice with the Distt. Consumer Forums. Just when the ORDERS have to passed the Judge goes on Leave. In my case, a long long lone and when he returns he doesn't remember a thing. To refresh his memory the case has to be rerun again. Anyway, you can't do much and I can only pray that God gives you the strenght to withstand this delay. MERA BHARAT MAHAN.
Don't lose hope and keep your spirits high.

So long....
Old 21st May 2007, 04:31   #220
BHPian

Sometimes you wish you can file a case against the Consumer Court itself under Consumer Court.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:15   #221
BHPian

Hey guys,
Got to know that the judge had dictated the order and its gone for corrections, if any. I hope the judge has it the way he said and that I don't get a shock by seeing the order.
Till then, take care.
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:30   #222
Team-BHP Support

@shiva : Isnt it possible for your lawyer to have a look at the contents of the order that was passed?
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:15   #223
BHPian

benbsb29,
We will get the order this week. The order has gone for corrections(I guess grammatical and checking of contents again, etc). As soon as the correction is done, I will get it and so will Metro Ford. I don't think we can get hold of the order before corrections.
Old 23rd May 2007, 01:53   #224
Senior - BHPian

This verdict is getting very annoying...delays every time.. I would have given up by now.. Hats off shivasuma for hanging on to it.

Godfather
Old 29th May 2007, 17:57   #225
BHPian

Hey guys,
Have some good news. Finally received the orders today. According to it Metro Ford has to give me a new car + Rs5000(as legal expenses and other agonies I guess) or refund the whole money with the interest I am paying to HDFC + Rs5000. They have 30 days to do this.
Thanks to all the TBHPians for the support and encouragement. I think I still might have to fight this out a little longer but atleast I hope Metro Ford has learnt not to take any of its customers for granted.

Will let you know about further proceedings.
Till then take care and don't take **** from any of the car dealers.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks