Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 18:05   #226
BHPian

Many congratulations Shivasuma..first of all for standing up against Metro ford and secondly upon getting a very good verdict in your favour although 5000 is not equivalent to the ordeal you have went through..its better than worse! Good work mate..your case must come in the media to educate people not to sit and take **** from car dealers and manufacturers.
Old 30th May 2007, 02:59   #227
BHPian

I am glad that the judgement was in your favour and I really admire your patience.

Off-topic: Even though consumer courts are supposed to be pro-consumer, the judges are still the same courrupt government employees. So it takes a bit of palm greasing to get quick judgements. When our home owners association filed a case against MCH for not honouring their commitment to lay drainage pipes even after collecting 3 lakhs (half the total cost) from owners, the judge asked for 5000 Rs for a favourable judgement. If that was not paid we would have had to wait another couple of years to get the judgement.
Old 30th May 2007, 10:13   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hey guys,
Have some good news. Finally received the orders today. According to it Metro Ford has to give me a new car + Rs5000(as legal expenses and other agonies I guess) or refund the whole money with the interest I am paying to HDFC + Rs5000. They have 30 days to do this.
Thanks to all the TBHPians for the support and encouragement. I think I still might have to fight this out a little longer but atleast I hope Metro Ford has learnt not to take any of its customers for granted.

Will let you know about further proceedings.
Till then take care and don't take **** from any of the car dealers.
Congrats!! Now u have to go on the offensive. Try to get this news published in all the newspapers. That will put some pressure on Metro to comply with the order instead of appealing. Last thing they need is bad publicity.
Old 30th May 2007, 10:51   #229
BHPian

Hey guys,
Thanks for the support and appreciation. Ideally I want my money back, but I think Metro Ford has the option left to them. I have to discuss this with my lawyer. I am a little apprehensive taking a new car from Metro. I am awaiting Metro Ford's decision. Lets see what they do.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:23   #230
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Siva. Its really good to hear that such things are possible in INDIA too!!! Anyways Hats off to your Persistance and Will Power!!!!!!!!!!

Dont worry. Enjoy your new car. Just try some other place for the services (hope there are other dealers). And if possible try to take some person from the other service centre to check out the vehicle before you take delivery. Hope someone on the forum could help you in getting contacts at any other service centre.

Could someone also help out with a checklist so that the dealer does not screw up things this time. I mean is there anything that they could do so as to cover up their losses as far as possible without the customer noticing it at first glance.

I could come up with only a few.
1. Rear View mirrors (ensure you get the one for the version eg.internally adjustable/electrical/body cooured etc.)

2. Tyres (ensure you get alloys/same brand/date of manufacture also check the spare wheel)

3.Warranty (ensure you get the warranty from the new date and not the same as the old car)

4.What about the insurance /Road Tax charges. Will you have to bear it?

IN all Just ensure you get all accessories/ goodies that are mentioned for the variant you are getting.
Take care and drive safe
Gemi
Old 31st May 2007, 18:27   #231
BHPian

Congratualtions Shiva.

Ford in India have very poor quality check,I think.

I bought a Ford Ikon in 2006,Jun from Cauvery Ford.
As far as service ,hospitality and other stuff concerned,they are very good.

But within 3 months I faced many manufacturing defects.

1. A/C ventilation problem and hence hot air getting into car.(Rs. 5000 )
2.One of the door's central locking system failed.(Rs.2000)
3.Drive-shaft assembly got some problem and one of their service centre in Kerala adviced to replace it.(Rs.8000)
4. Timer Belt noise (like old diesel vehicles) in the morning (first start)--Still a mystery for them and keeps coming back after every service..

And as it was in warratny period they replaced all parts freely.

the price written in bracket is what they'd shown on invoice as warranty replacement...

The only good side here is,when I escalated such issues to Ford headquarter in Chenai, I got someone personally assisting me to get them serviced free of cost.

And they assured me I can get them repiared anywhere in India.

for me, Cauvery,Kairaly fords of Trivandrum and Kottayam did exceptionally well service.

--Shoemaker--
--Bangalore--
Old 1st June 2007, 08:13   #232
BHPian

congratulations shiva... im glad that you have managed to expose and win against a dealership which, frankly, has been doing this kind of thing to several of its customers. My family owns a 1999 Ikon 1.6, and we have faced innumerable instances of negligence from Metro Ford over the years, so much so that we have sworn against all Ford cars for the future, regardless of how good they might be! A brief list of instances we have faced with just ONE car:

1. went to pick up the car from service, got in and saw that the back seat was missing!

2. picked up the car from repairs, realized that the AC was disconnected- took another 3 days to rectify

3. decals were refitted upside down (!) after another standard repair

4. Metro Ford lost one of our hubcaps during service

5. Interior backlights (green ones) were not reconnected after service

6. Headlights were not reconnected after service

these are just a few incidents which have taken place, and ALL have been from DIFFERENT services/repair sessions! just a taste of how metro ford deal with their customers and their cars... definitely not a place for and of car lovers.
Old 1st June 2007, 23:39   #233
BHPian

I have been a lurker at these forums from a long time and thought I would sign up.. awesome site this

Anyway, Congrats Shiva, I could feel your pain and frustration reading this topic Thats quite a victory there after what my dad told me about consumer court cases. He is a consumer court lawyer representing companies like mercedes-benz n others and he was telling me that almost always the case goes in their (the companies) favour. (after a long dragged out process at that)

The people thinking that 13 months was a long time or that 5000 was a low compensation.. heres a shocker.. many cases take 5-6 years and have compensations in a few hundred rupees for expenses (if you win the case that is) I guess in Shiva's case he was lucky that incompetent 'metro ford' hired an incompetent lawyer and probably didn't pay his fees so he didn't even turn up

So Shiva really has a very good verdict here, congrats

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2007 at 12:35. Reason: Please read the rules section. Only 2 smilies may be used per post.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:37   #234
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys,
Have some good news. Finally received the orders today. According to it Metro Ford has to give me a new car + Rs5000(as legal expenses and other agonies I guess) or refund the whole money with the interest I am paying to HDFC + Rs5000. They have 30 days to do this.
Thanks to all the TBHPians for the support and encouragement. I think I still might have to fight this out a little longer but atleast I hope Metro Ford has learnt not to take any of its customers for granted.

Will let you know about further proceedings.
Till then take care and don't take **** from any of the car dealers.
Congratulations Shiva! This indeed is great news and the victory was much deserved. Kudos to your dedication, homework and perseverance. I hope that Metro Ford (and other dealers) learn their lesson.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:02   #235
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the victory. However, I still feel our consumer courts have a long way to go! In this case, he had to live without his car for over a year, while still paying the EMI's. Plus, I'm sure the legal expenses amounted to much more than Rs.5,000/-.

Frankly the judgment by the court would have been fair had it been made within a month of filing the case. Now, I feel shiva should be given a lot more. If only to teach these dealers and companies a lesson.

If you go to see, how much will the company and dealer actually lose? hardly anything. They will sell the old car to some unsuspecting customer. They have already benefited out of keeping 5 lakhs + in their account for over a year. Frankly, this decision will not hurt them one bit.

So lets not go hopping around in joy about how we have progressed.
Old 7th June 2007, 15:46   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Shiva, so have you decided on which car you would be going for now ?
I am waiting for Metro Ford's action. They have time till 27th of this month. I hope I get my money back but the option is with them. I think they would prefer to give me a new car than shell my money out with the interest.
Old 22nd June 2007, 00:11   #237
BHPian

your persistence has paid off..truly inspiring

A close friend of mine swears never to own any ford car after all those service and quality related issues with his Diesel ikon which he has finally sold after keeping it for 5 yrs or so.

Went through all your posts and felt that your lawyer isnt an ace. Just my perception.

Few days to go and wish you get the money rather than a new ford car.

All the best..
Old 27th June 2007, 10:55   #238
BHPian

Hey guys,
Hope everyone is doing well. Metro Ford has chosen to ignore the court's order I guess(I haven't received any legal notice from the state forum). I am filing for an execution order. I think they wouldn't be foolish enough to ignore that one too.
Old 27th June 2007, 11:01   #239
Team-BHP Support

They have already failed in trying to win, and still they continue? Whats wrong with them?

Shivasuma, go ahead and file the execution order.
Old 27th June 2007, 11:48   #240
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Hope everyone is doing well. Metro Ford has chosen to ignore the court's order I guess(I haven't received any legal notice from the state forum). I am filing for an execution order. I think they wouldn't be foolish enough to ignore that one too.
Metro ford beats even my pessimism. I was thinking that they will surely go in for an appeal to drag this out, but to think they didnt do anything is crossing all limits.

I am absolutely disappointed. Someone @ Metro ford should be imprisoned till they pay up...

Most Viewed