Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 14:15   #256
BHPian

Hi LandCruiser,
If I remember correctly, it was a helpline number and email ID that I used for Autocar. Its available to subscribers only. You can get that from any copy of Autocar.
I will try and post the information as soon as possible.
Old 13th July 2007, 14:18   #257
Senior - BHPian

Do not give up Shivsuma.....remember my idea posted here in same thread.... Pls do that if that is workable.

OR

Print some pamphlets and distribute to newspaper dealers to put it in newspaper.......

We need to teach them a lesson.
Old 13th July 2007, 14:29   #258
Senior - BHPian

We all with you shivasuma, really apprecaite your patience.

Its not only Metro Ford, most of Ford dealers are bad big time, I heard many bad stories, they just loot car owner with big bills, They never repalce few parts and charge without repairinig. I am greately disappointed about the way few coampnies do business in India!

My friend told me every car manufacturer earn more for service than sales. So what they do is loot customer with giving more and more ideas of service. This damaging the car while testing and even after court order not respecting is another example of cheating public.

Long way to go India to see smooth and calm life anyway lets hope patince wins.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:18   #259
BHPian

Hey guys,
Some update. Just got to know that the state forum dismissed Metro Ford's appeal.

Suhas
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:29   #260
Senior - BHPian

Thatz great news Suhas!

Hope Metro Ford has no other option than to refund the entire amount!.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:33   #261
Team-BHP Support

Hehe... about time they dismissed these stupid appeals which do nothing but waste time of either parties, as well as that of the court's.

Another victory for you, shivasuma.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:33   #262
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats good News. Its very unfortunate that they still don't learn lesson. Anyway this is how it goes in India. They never learn also. Insist on refund and don't buy Ford again. There are better cars now compared with Fiesta.

Last year I bombed news about my experience with Maruti and BIMAL auto agnecy and also your Fiesta problem from Metro Ford and couple of other stories like this to thousands of contact I have in India and abroad. Many of the folks either avoided the corresponding dealerships or baught cars from different manufacturer. This creates very small impact on them I know but what If 5% of customers who had similar experiences start spreading the news I am sure one day car companies/dealers who sucks hard earned money (blood) of innocent Indian will learn a lesson.

OT Today BIMAL auto agency guys called me and requesting me to upgrade to SX4 or Swift D and after I told them I am not interested they called me again within 5 minutes and I took class for 20 minutes explaining why their some of the products don't deserve place here they listen my words and both said bye and conversation ended. If I had filed case against them they would have not called me and offered me upgrade I think.

If you receive a call from Metro Ford to buy Fusion D / test drive call them for Test drive and bang ( in words ) their crappy product.

We are with you Suhas, I am waiting for the day they will refund your money. PM me your birth details (name, place, date time) I will check with my strologer (very good astrologer)
how soon you will find success. I am serious not kidding. Although still I dont trust astrology few things made me trust.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 23rd July 2007 at 15:45.
Old 24th July 2007, 20:23   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Siva -

can metro ford approach national commission now..what does your lawyer say? in how many days do the buggers have to provide you the refund + compensation for damages?

also, technically, now the case has been closed and not sub-judice..can u approach media..what does ur lawyer say? i hope you are getting my hint...
Yes, Metro Ford can approach the National Commission.

There is nothing called sub-judice in the consumer Court. You are free to discuss any case related stuff with anyone and in any forum.

No magazine or news paper would dare write anything against FORD or any other car maker for the simple reason that these publication would lose huge advertisements money from these manufacturers. At the most some Newspaper would write a very vague story about the case without directly implicating the maker in some of their rural publication.

So long....
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:17   #264
BHPian

Hi all,
There was a hearing yesterday regarding the execution petition. As usual, Metro Ford asked for time to file objections(for not giving me the car in 30 days). The next hearing is on the 14th.
The below is the reason given by Metro Ford's lawyer. He said even if they wanted to give me a new car, they couldn't give me one for another 6 months since they had a lot of bookings. They really think people will take whatever crap they dish out.

Will let you guys know what happens next. Till then take care.

Suhas
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:20   #265
Team-BHP Support

Buggers !!!!

But, God forbid, is this the worst case scenario ? that you get the car in months ?

Any chances of getting the money back from them ?
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:27   #266
Team-BHP Support

6 months to deliver a new Fiesta? What are they looking at? Giving you a 2008 model?!

I dont understand why the judge in question doesnt understand they are needlessly dragging this !!
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:35   #267
Senior - BHPian

Why not someone go pose as a buyer and ask how long it'll take for a fiesta to be delivered an record a small video of the conversation. I assume it could very well be admitted as proof that they are dragging the case.
Old 3rd August 2007, 13:45   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Why not someone go pose as a buyer and ask how long it'll take for a fiesta to be delivered an record a small video of the conversation. I assume it could very well be admitted as proof that they are dragging the case.

As I understand, such form of electronic recording is not admissible as evidence, unless and until
  • either the person being recorded has been explicitly informed that he is being recorded, and the same is the beginning of the "recording"
  • OR a judge authorizes the use of a hidden recording device in order to catch the "culprit" unawares
However, this will definitely serve the purpose of warning future buyers of the two-timing approach used by Metro Ford, as such recordings have a lot of shock value, witnessed by the "stings" being carried by all news channels now-a-days.

Any lawyer types on the forum can comment on this further.
Old 4th August 2007, 09:16   #269
BHPian

Teambhp is god to me now

First it was my friends scorpio's mileage problem that got resolved within a matter of hours ...

Second - We were planning to gift my dad a ford fiesta (as my dad is reaching a semi-retirement age we decided to gift him a cheaufer driven)& i had done some initial enquiry @ metro ford also ... Now noway me going to buy fiesta to my dad , now i feel its much better to go to with verna....

Shivasuma what has happened with you is really horrible & kudos to your patience .......
Old 4th August 2007, 16:26   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
The below is the reason given by Metro Ford's lawyer. He said even if they wanted to give me a new car, they couldn't give me one for another 6 months since they had a lot of bookings. They really think people will take whatever crap they dish out.

Will let you guys know what happens next. Till then take care.

Suhas
shivasuma, please press for penal interest on the amount already invested. they just cannot give just a lame excuse & get away with it.

@the bangy boys... i think it is high time you guys did something regarding this. make a dharna, put up posters, get some news crews, give interviews, at least threaten the metro ford guys of these acts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks