Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 19:29   #286
BHPian

Agree to Namit...

Please take reference from some old cases get on to a nice consumer court lawyer and file the objection court will give u a favour as you won the case and you are holding few strong points. but this depends if your lawyer is good.
Old 16th August 2007, 15:23   #287
Team-BHP Support

Shivasuma, i nearly missed this last update. Congrats once again, and like the others mentioned, you know what you need to look out for when accepting delivery.

Go to collect the car at a time when there is good lighting, rather than sometime towards the evening.
Old 16th August 2007, 19:16   #288
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shivasuma. Ask help of few bhp members from Bangalore to accompany you when taking the delivery. Can help in checking the car thoroughly.
Old 19th August 2007, 09:40   #289
Senior - BHPian

Thats good news. May be we can do like this. We all can come there to make sure everyone check the car and Metro Ford give proper car.

I still feel you should go for cash refund instead of new car. Because Indian mentality in the past has prooved not following what they promise.

Our law and order is in the condition it can be hijacked anytime by group people. This is very unfortunate. I am happy at last justice came in your favour.

All the best!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th August 2007, 13:48   #290
BHPian

Just an update.
Metro Ford was supposed to get in touch with us.Till now I haven't heard from them. Hope they are not doing this to buy time. As told by them, they were supposed to give me a new car by the 29th, that is, tomorrow. The next hearing is also slated for tomorrow.
So I hope they stick to their words or things won't be good for them.

Suhas
Old 28th August 2007, 13:53   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Suhas,

I truly hope you finally get what was your due from Day 1. Best of luck to you and do keep us updated.

On another note, one of the factors which made me buy my Aveo and not the Fiesta was your experience.

I hope Ford punishes Metro for destroying their image among the very people who form the target group for their 'sporty' Fiesta!

Best of luck again!

I did
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Just an update.
Metro Ford was supposed to get in touch with us.Till now I haven't heard from them. Hope they are not doing this to buy time. As told by them, they were supposed to give me a new car by the 29th, that is, tomorrow. The next hearing is also slated for tomorrow.
So I hope they stick to their words or things won't be good for them.

Suhas
Old 29th August 2007, 17:42   #292
BHPian

Hey guys. Had been to court(probably for the last time). Metro Ford lawyer said that the new car was ready and I could come and finish the paper work and take delivery. They also gave me the choice of color.

When the judge asked them why they didn't contact me earlier, they said they were waiting for a response from my side( they had earlier said that they would get in touch with me). The judge gave them a sound warning and asked them to finish everything soon or he would issue an arrest warrant.
Next step is to transfer the loan on to the new car. Hopefully I will have my new car in a week's time(depends on how fast HDFC processes the paperwork). Will post the pics as soon as I get the car.

I would like to thank each and everyone here for their support and encouragement. A big thanks to team-bhp. There were also some who doubted my decision of going to the consumer court. A big thanks to them for giving me the motivation to fight on.
Special thanks to Varun Roy who always told me to fight it out whenever I was down. I pray that he also gets his due.

I was thinking about panther Black as the color(earlier one was platinum). What do you guys think?

Until next time, take care.

Suhas
shivasuma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2007, 12:55   #293
LLL
BHPian

when are you collecting the car? pls do remember to take a few t-bhpians, your lawyer, some car experts and some strong guys.

we dont know what metro ford might be capable of....

and finally congrats again for this long battle.
Old 30th August 2007, 14:19   #294
BHPian

Thanks for the advise guys. I will keep that in mind. Had been to Metro Ford today morning and finished some paperwork. The HDFC guy was also there. He said it would take upto 10 days for the paperwork to finish. I opted for the panther black(well, order from wife,lol).
The GM of Metro Ford Mr.Surender was pretty nice and cordial to me. Seems like a nice gentleman but I will still be on my guard. He said that the car is ready to be delivered but I had to first get a NOC from HDFC for the previous car.
I will let you guys know about any updates.

Suhas
Old 2nd September 2007, 13:28   #295
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
shivasuma,

As for color, just in case you havent decided, why not try the 'Jewel Violet'? Looks classy, in my opinion.
Totally agree. Violet is the classiest colour that Fiesta could offer. Even the Verna Violet is cool. Suggest you avoid the black. Its difficult to maintain, the AC needs to work harder (less mileage) and will avoid deep gashes from vandals. Think hard before you leap as I am regretting my choice of opting for Black

(after thought) Your wife would love it too.

So long....

Last edited by varunroy : 2nd September 2007 at 13:30. Reason: after thought
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:39   #296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
moderators, perhaps this thread can be mothballed and stored. its getting a bit long in the tooth with enough generous appreciation from "fans" and "friends" and "justice seekers" and "lawyers" and "fellow warriors" and "villains" and "heros".
We plan to clean this up by keeping the facts and the relevant comments but until SS gets the car in his name, on the road etc. he still needs our support
Old 6th September 2007, 20:17   #297
BHPian

Ah, finally!!!!!!!
Got delivery of my car today at 12PM. Did a thorough inspection and found no fault. Some features have changed compared to previous ZXi TDCi model. Like the single CD player and radio is out and they have added electronic side mirrors, rear defoster and driver seat height adjustment.

The GM of Metro Ford Mr.Surender was very courteous and extended any help needed. I have to decide now whether I go back to them for service or not.

Moderators, please do the needful for this thread(as requested by a gentleman who is more frustrated with this thread than I was when going through this ordeal).
I will post the pics of my new car as soon as I take them.

Thanks for all the support.

Suhas

Last edited by ajmat : 7th September 2007 at 17:31.
Old 6th September 2007, 21:56   #298
BHPian

I'am also going through a similar problem..http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-repairs.html
Old 7th September 2007, 10:19   #299
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Suhas,

How about summarizing the ordeal, writing about it and then putting it on the net in form of a blog or something !!
Old 7th September 2007, 17:04   #300
BHPian

Congrats is a small word

Hi Suhas,

Bravo,Thats the best news I have heard for long long time. My family and me have already had a small celeberation after hearing the good news. More than the outcome we would like to pat your back for the sheer grit, determination and patients you have shown during these tough days. Thats a job well done and how!

Take good care of your new car, thats not only beautiful but dutiful as well.

So long....

Most Viewed