Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 23:02   #1
BHPian

Booked City diesel with Paras Honda, Jodhpur. Dealer noncommittal on delivery date

Hello!

I had booked the New Honda City VX Diesel (Top-end variant) with Paras Honda (Jodhpur) on 28/1/2014, and was committed a delivery on or before 10/03/2014. I am attaching the receipt of the same.

The sales executive, and the manager, have since stopped taking my calls, as I wanted to complete the remaining formalities. When I did get a chance to speak to my sales executive, he said he wouldn't be able to deliver the car to me, and was non-committal about when he would be in a position to do so. He offered me to go a variant lower, so that he 'may' be able to honor my booking in the month of March, or else he does not have an answer.

What would be the best channel of approach towards Honda for me? Should I just call the toll-free number or drop an email ( I was unable to find the appropriate person/address to mail). Am I not supposed to be answered by the dealership, even if there were to be some issues with either the production or in the case of over-bookings? I smell a bad practice here.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked City diesel with Paras Honda, Jodhpur. Dealer noncommittal on delivery date-img20140304wa0016.jpg  

mathranik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 06:50   #2
BHPian

re: Booked City diesel with Paras Honda, Jodhpur. Dealer noncommittal on delivery date

As I can see the expected date of delivery is mentioned on the booking receipt. If they have stopped taking your calls, go and meet them, and give them your grievance in writing and ask them to acknowledge it.

While I am sure your meeting the dealer will sort your problem, if you still feel you are not satisfied then you can write to the company.

My personal suggestion is to try and keep it more amicable, you have to take delivery of the car, better go to the dealer and reason out with them and ask them why are they behaving in such a manner. I think this should help.
mints21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 08:04   #3
gemi_kk

re: Booked City diesel with Paras Honda, Jodhpur. Dealer noncommittal on delivery date

As mints21 said, go and talk to the dealer. The situation should improvise. I hope this gets addressed at dealer level itself.

If not, you have a Ton of choices.

i think i shouldn't suggest this here but,
Go and explain your situation to your advisor and tell him that you will take care of him (~Compliment in some form). This should push the things faster.

Drop a mail to Honda. you can find their mail id in Honda's website. Or talk to them on 1800 113 121 / 011 39898918. Threaten them that you will close your booking.

Post a comment on Honda's FB page saying you are planning to drop your honda idea just because, Honda & its partners are playing games with you.

If you have any political/police connections. use it. this is the right time.

And the last.
Go and buy a Verna after doing all of the above. By the time you are completed with the above checklist, you will better understand how your future relationship will be with the brand & dealer. And you tried your best.
A good relationship with the brand and dealer is very much important. After all, they are the ones who needs to honor warranty, if required. If they are not good. its not wise sticking to them. You are not getting it for a discounted price? Are you? Then why are you so worried?

You are buying a Honda city Top end model. so i guess you can push some more money & get a much better product. Service costs with other brand wont cause a significant dent to your pocket.
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 08:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

I can see pure dealer arrogance. Shouldnt it be other ways round with the dealer chasing the customer to complete the formalities? My suggestions would be to visit the dealer and talk directly to the top mgmt. If the SA is the culprit here, it would become clear. If the dealer bosses themselves are acting pricey, then communicating to Honda is the only alternative provided the dealer starts acting strange to cancellation demands.

Other alternative would be to cancel the booking and try other Honda showrooms if available in the city. But do bring the issue to Honda's attention.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 08:48   #5
BHPian

Thank you, everyone. The car is booked by my uncle and Dealership is around 200 kms away! I have complained to Honda toll free and they have promised a resolve in the next 24 hours. I expect to receive a call from the dealer today and shall update you guys here for sure.

With a 13 lac + vehicle, I expected better attitude from Honda dealer. I hope it isn't a bitter experience here on.

Thanks again!
mathranik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 09:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Thank you, everyone. The car is booked by my uncle and Dealership is around 200 kms away! I have complained to Honda toll free and they have promised a resolve in the next 24 hours. I expect to receive a call from the dealer today and shall update you guys here for sure.

With a 13 lac + vehicle, I expected better attitude from Honda dealer. I hope it isn't a bitter experience here on.
Thanks again!
This is the right thing to do. Honda is extremely responsive and i am sure they will come back to you (with the right response!). If there is a delay, they will be forthcoming as well.
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 09:38   #7
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks again!
They are flying on the sky as they have become overconfident about the sales of Amaze and City. They are thinking the customer will bend but that shouldn't be the case here. Complain and escalate the matter ONLY after you meet the Sales Manager personally.

If nothing happens change the dealer and transfer the booking.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 12:28   #8
BHPian

Got a call from the Dealership, and the tone showed no sense of apology or regret. She didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. I have posted on their Facebook Page, but I've heard they delete the complaint posts from the wall. Let's see if they show any empathy to my case.

It is highly unfortunate that Honda is resting on its laurels rather than capitalising its opportunities in a highly competitive market where there is no dearth of products and sales are falling drastically. Hope they learn a lesson!
Attached Thumbnails
Booked City diesel with Paras Honda, Jodhpur. Dealer noncommittal on delivery date-screenshot_20140305121944.png  

Last edited by mathranik : 5th March 2014 at 12:29.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:36   #9
BHPian

It is good to see that Honda has responded and they are allocating the desired car for you.

Dealers are not equipped to handle delays and the best thing for them is to start avoiding calls.

However, I think you must wait for the delivery. I do feel that this post on the facebook was not required.

A certain degree of regret by them is least important, what is more important is that you get the delivery of your car asap.

Leave it at this and wait for the delivery day and go to the dealer with a happy note. No point in writing on facebook.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 12:51   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
It is good to see that Honda has responded and they are allocating the desired car for you.

Dealers are not equipped to handle delays and the best thing for them is to start avoiding calls.

However, I think you must wait for the delivery. I do feel that this post on the facebook was not required.

A certain degree of regret by them is least important, what is more important is that you get the delivery of your car asap.

Leave it at this and wait for the delivery day and go to the dealer with a happy note. No point in writing on facebook.
We have not been allotted a car yet, and they have bluntly told us now that they won't be giving us the delivery before April, in any case. When I requested them to give me their Area manager's number, I was firmly denied the same.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dealer's need to be made sensitive to customer's needs. It is the dealership experience which makes or breaks a brand, they are the face of the manufacturer. Sometimes a complaint needs to wake the dealer the manufacturer up from their sleep or bring them down to earth.

I would suggest to cancel the booking for that peace of mind or look out for other Honda dealer. Hopefully the experience at different dealership would turn out to be pleasant.
Old 5th March 2014, 13:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I can see pure dealer arrogance. But do bring the issue to Honda's attention.
Very correctly said sir and Honda should be mindful of the fact that customers promote the brand and if we as customers do not purchase a brand then it will not survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
They are flying on the sky as they have become overconfident about the sales of Amaze and City.
Hi mate, Overconfidence never pays back. It is we the customers who have judged these brands and the sales figures are generated because of us only for Honda.

Quote:

Sir, Dealers are puppets of the parent brand and I totally agree with your view. However, At the time of delivery it will be a good idea to make the dealership understand the importance of the customer who is not bound with the information channels or protocols of the brands.

Quote:
I have complained to Honda toll free and they have promised a resolve in the next 24 hours. I expect to receive a call from the dealer today and shall update you guys here for sure.
Just a piece of suggestion to you mate, Please be prompt to decode the VIN number in our forum before you take the delivery of the car. There are many cases in the recent times where in the customer was being given an old manufactured car at the new price.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 13:16   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Very correctly said sir and Honda should be mindful of the fact that customers promote the brand and if we as customers do not purchase a brand then it will not survive.

Hi mate, Overconfidence never pays back. It is we the customers who have judged these brands and the sales figures are generated because of us only for Honda.

Sir, Dealers are puppets of the parent brand and I totally agree with your view. However, At the time of delivery it will be a good idea to make the dealership understand the importance of the customer who is not bound with the information channels or protocols of the brands.

Just a piece of suggestion to you mate, Please be prompt to decode the VIN number in our forum before you take the delivery of the car. There are many cases in the recent times where in the customer was being given an old manufactured car at the new price.

Thanks

AD
Well-said! I shall bring it to forum's notice, and take it from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Dealer's need to be made sensitive to customer's needs. It is the dealership experience which makes or breaks a brand, they are the face of the manufacturer. Sometimes a complaint needs to wake the dealer the manufacturer up from their sleep or bring them down to earth.

I would suggest to cancel the booking for that peace of mind or look out for other Honda dealer. Hopefully the experience at different dealership would turn out to be pleasant.
A lot of Honda dealers (and I have tried Ahmedabad, Jodhpur and Udaipur) have been high-headed with their attitude towards Honda City customers, saying to the effect "We don't even need to market our car..naam hee kaafi hai!".

On the other side of horizon, I have also booked a Fiat Punto 90hp () that I would take delivery of , tomorrow. From the point of TD at home (thrice!), the color selection, discounts, to the booking process, the ride has been super smooth (Just like Punto's), and the staff has been extremely pleasant. We, in India, have pre-conceived notions about certain manufacturers and their dealers as well as their after-sales support, but I was proven wrong pleasantly. A lesson to be learnt by Honda then, maybe?
Old 5th March 2014, 13:18   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Send an email to the Honda customer care, copy the dealership, copy a few local newspapers, copy CNBC pehredaar, add this thread's link, the screenshot of your fb post (also mention if its gets deleted or not) - explain all the facts and what the dealer/company has done so far to help you. Also, if there is an option - ask for your booking to be shifted to another dealer.

And, take the price list - mention the extra amount being charged against the SC order etc. I am sure they must be charging extra "handling charges". Calculate the RTO Tax and fees - there must be a difference there as well.

Don't take this rubbish lying down.

EDIT: I would also suggest, add the dealer's name in the thread title.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 5th March 2014 at 13:22.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 13:21   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Send an email to the Honda customer care, copy the dealership, copy a few local newspapers, copy CNBC pehredaar, add this thread's link, the screenshot of your fb post (also mention if its gets deleted or not) - explain all the facts and what the dealer/company has done so far to help you. Also, if there is an option - ask for your booking to be shifted to another dealer.

And, take the price list - mention the extra amount being charged against the SC order etc. I am sure they must be charging extra "handling charges". Calculate the RTO Tax and fees - there must be a difference there as well.

Don't take this rubbish lying down.
I'm sorry I have tried looking for Honda CC email address, but have failed. Could you share it with me, if you have it? I guess I would do as suggested, since it's a bit too much to take.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks