Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2014, 13:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refunded

Quick update:

No response yet from Maruti/Sai Service. I have taken a couple of steps more.

1. Contacted Maruti using the service feedback link in my previous post.
2. Sent a reminder to my previous mail.
3. Submitted a query on Sai Service website's contact us link.
4. Posted link of this thread on Maruti's Facebook page again yesterday night, after finding out that my previous post was deleted.
Old 19th March 2014, 13:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refunded

What do you guys think? Parent company doesnt know what all crap these dealers levy on customers? There is a proper audit by parent companies. They very well know what the service centres are selling.
Bardahl guys are very aggressive in marketting, and so are the 3m and wurth guys. They give heavy commissions to service advisors whenever they cone a customer.

Steering rack overhaul - i see many guys are charged for this. If the steering rack is making noise or developing play in just 20000 kms , boss MUL has to change it FOC. Its a critical part and i would not leave it to the mercy of service centre guys.

Even i was charged for this Bardahl stuff during my service. They did it without informing and said the MUL recommends it. I denied paying any charge for the same and asked them to remove all the junk they put into my car.
They couldnt remove it but removed it from my bills.

Fiat doesnt recommend any additives and the service centre never dares to use any such thing on the Fiat cars.
I can see the same malpractice going on in TATA workshops as well. When i took my safari for first service at Concorde-Pune the SA was trying to cone me with interior cleaning, bardahl etc. I straight away told him that he can do it from his own pockets and i wont pay a penny for it. He then smiled and said, no problem sir just give me good feedback.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 15:45   #48
BHPian

Surely a loot, specifically a caliper pin grease for 700 rupees ? it doesn't hold any thing more than 100 grams of grease if am not wrong,

so, 7000 rupees per kilo of greasing ?

Surely Maruti is going bad by its strategy nowadays, i remember less than 4000 rupees bill for my Ford Figo 20k service (that too Diesel)

All the best.

If possible Sue the dealer
Old 19th March 2014, 16:28   #49
BHPian

I had a similar experience when my dad took the car for 40K service last year. They had charged us around 13K at Mandovi JP Nagar. As i was abroad, i called up the works manager and he admitted for some unnecessary jobs and assured us that he will give us some discount on the next service. So from then on, i make sure to check each job on the estimate sheet and then only give a go ahead. I heard, even Kalyani is notorious for these kinda rip offs.
Old 19th March 2014, 17:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has deleted the posts on their facebook page once again! This time, someone else (a fellow member, perhaps?) also had posted this link 2-3 times. All those posts have been deleted. I still haven't received any reply to emails. Haven't checked with dad whether they called him.

Shame on Maruti.

Last edited by AkMar : 19th March 2014 at 17:12.
Old 19th March 2014, 17:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Maruti has deleted the posts on their facebook page once again! This time, someone else (a fellow member, perhaps?) also had posted this link 2-3 times. All those posts have been deleted. I still haven't received any reply to emails. Haven't checked with dad whether they called him.

Shame on Maruti.
I think it is now evident that this is a open blatant day light robbery which is being encouraged by Maruti with full support from their end to the dealer.

By not responding to your issue they are further endorsing their "no care attitude" towards its customers.

It is also now a known fact that they are fully aware of your issue but are simply choosing not to respond.

Shame on Maruti.

The punch line of their advertisement should be changed from "India comes home in Maruti" to "Looted Indians by Maruti comes home in Maruti.
mints21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 18:32   #52
BHPian

The way Maruti and the service station are responding to your messages is typical Indian corporate style. Looks like Maruti and it's A_S_Ses plan to join the Skoda league very soon.

Because I started hearing the typical brake squeal, I took my car to Greencars Koramangala. The point of interest here is that the squeal stopped on it's own by the time I could take it there. I gave them the go ahead to change the brake pads if required and the SA asked for 2 hours.

When I returned I found that the car had not even been dusted (leave alone wash) and the SA tells me the brake pads were fine so they just cleaned it and put it back. And the labor charges for brake pad cleaning? 660 bucks.

In all, I feel like I paid them 660 just because they kept the car parked at their place for 2 hours. I'm not even sure anything was done because I could not discern any change in brake behavior.

The silver lining is that almost 1000 km on, the squeal never resurfaced and the car is still running on the old pads.

I'm beginning to have serious doubts whether my next car will be a Maruti. They're killing one of their biggest strengths.
Old 19th March 2014, 18:47   #53
BHPian

Akmar,

I do not think Maruti is going to do anything on this Case. Sai service is too big for even maruti I think. Get this, all the dealers are connected to the the central maruti system so that your service is visible across all dealership except take a guess - Yep it is sai service. I learnt this the hard way when I had a warranty issue in my swift and other dealerships refused to entertain warranty claim saying that my service were not visible and that I had missed them. Only when I provided the bills were they conviced to honor the warranty. My suggestion - Find a different service station next time o better still go to an independent garage as your car is out of warranty now.
Old 19th March 2014, 18:47   #54
BHPian

AkMar,
You mentioned these 'extra' services were written on the jobcard. Your dad assumed it part of regular service.

Didn't they put an estimate cost also in the jobcard? For me, they always put estimated cost also. (Mine is not Maruti, nor Sai Service). I thought this was standard practice and all service centres are supposed to do that.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 19:07   #55
BANNED

I am actually surprised seeing this thread on Sai Service.

I have been their customer since 3 years now:

1 lakh run Ritz was serviced from 0 kms till the 1,00,000 kms service

and

Swift ZDi where 2 services done by now.

No complaints and pretty open with all details updated before the job is done on the car. I mean if there is some problem encountered by them while servicing they call me and ask whether to go ahead with it or no. All the used parts are kept in my boot and the bill is crystal clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
In all, I feel like I paid them 660 just because they kept the car parked at their place for 2 hours.

It is like a very expensive parking lot and that is the parking charges to be paid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
The car was back, with a bill of Rs 17-18K. Sai Service had done what they are best known for.
A few questions buddy

1) Did the Swift have an accident or any damage to the fenders? Asking this because I can see fender clips in the bill. This is added only if there is any damage to it.

2) Difference between Grease2 and Grease Sachet?

3) 6 sachets of Scree wash concentrate?!

4) Engine wax treatment - What the heck is this?

5) Silencer Coating - Why and for what?

6) Service Pluse - What is this?

7) Headlight renovation!

8) Glass polishing!

9) Panel cleaning!

Maruti should look into this non-sense and such a bill for a car is meaning-less and a pure rip-off. Sai service better apologize and refund the amount.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th March 2014 at 19:19.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 20:20   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am actually surprised seeing this thread on Sai Service.
No complaints and pretty open with all details updated before the job is done on the car.
Which Sai Service are you referring to? I believe the thread is regarding Sai Service in Mumbai. I ask since your location says Hyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is like a very expensive parking lot and that is the parking charges to be paid
And one with a 'parking at owners risk' disclaimer too
Old 19th March 2014, 20:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I think it is now evident that this is a open blatant day light robbery which is being encouraged by Maruti with full support from their end to the dealer.

By not responding to your issue they are further endorsing their "no care attitude" towards its customers.

The punch line of their advertisement should be changed from "India comes home in Maruti" to "Looted Indians by Maruti comes home in Maruti.
Dear Sir, Going by your views, I feel Maruti is also following the trend of poor customer service started by some of the most reputed auto brands in the recent past. I agree with your sentiments and it's high time for them to react. Maruti should understand the fact that 1 dissatisfied customer can create a big dent on their image.

Quote:
Maruti has deleted the posts on their facebook page once again! This time, someone else (a fellow member, perhaps?) also had posted this link 2-3 times. All those posts have been deleted. I still haven't received any reply to emails.
This is the escapist attitude of Maruti. It is very bad on their part to avoid customer grievances like this. In my view you can approach the consumer forum to settle this issue if in case there is no revert from Maruti's end.

To make you comfortable; You can approach to Pehredaar for this issue.

Here is the facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/Pehredaar

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 19th March 2014 at 20:25.
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 20:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shame on Maruti.
Go to their workshop, meet the manager and make some noise. Maybe that would get some of your moolah back. Else just forget about getting anything back.

Just make sure that next time you go for servicing anywhere, you be there, atleast for sometime to supervise and be very clear on what you expect. Even FNGs would try to rip you off. Very few honest people are left nowadays.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 20:30   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Which Sai Service are you referring to? I believe the thread is regarding Sai Service in Mumbai. I ask since your location says Hyd.
Yes, I mean Sai Service - Hyderabad. AFAIK, that setup has 4 or 5 ASC's for Maruti in Hyderabad and most of them have a good name to them, hence my surprise. That's all.

Quote:
And one with a 'parking at owners risk' disclaimer too
Old 19th March 2014, 20:42   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vinod Agarwal (from another Maruti service station) drops the following email:

Quote:
As a MASS Owner,

1. We do not charge for Caliper Pin Greasing.

2. We charge Rs. 200 for Stabilizer bar Bush replacement and Rs. 100 for Joints( Link Rods).

3. We never got any complaint for Steering Noise in a Swift with only 20000 km.

4. Only one Screen wash (99000m99027) required for one car.

5. Caliper grease 99000m25020 should be used in swift. 99000m25010 is used for Maruti 800 only.

6. Maruti recommends NOT TO USE any Oil and Fuel additives.

Last edited by GTO : 19th March 2014 at 22:58.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks