Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 17:33   #1
BHPian

Maruti's Mobile Service - At your doorstep!

Note to Mods: Please merge or delete post if found irrelevant in place or content. Tried searching for a similar thread but couldn't locate one.

My experience with Mithra Agencies' (Madhapur, Hyderabad) Maruti Suzuki's Mobile Service (MMS).

My Ritz is long due for 2nd free service. I did not have enough time to drive down to a service station to get it done, Mithra Agencies has been following up for quite sometime, I feel ashamed for delaying such a simple service.

They called up last week to inform about mobile service, been out of town and called them this morning to check when they can come. They informed me that the mobile service team is around my locality and will be coming afternoon.

A team of 3, a service advisor and 2 mechanics came around 4 and finished off their work promptly in an hour and a half.

They came in a fully equipped Versa, with refilling liquids, a small generator to pump air, water for washing, wheel balancing equipment and all. I remember only one of the mechanic's name - Hanumanthu Naik. Good job his team.

They are professional and thorough in what they do. They will also suggest if we need to visit workshop for any work.

I recommend utilizing this service, will save you time, effort for small services.
BusyBoyKK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 16:08   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti's Mobile Service - At your doorstep!

Man, this is just awesome! Unbeatable convenience.

Do you have any pictures to share?

Any extra charge for doorstep service?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 16:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Carnation (Jagdish Khattar company) has such service in Gurgaon. I tried to use it on a Sunday but they were completely booked!
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:40   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
My experience with Mithra Agencies' (Madhapur, Hyderabad) Maruti Suzuki's Mobile Service (MMS).

My Ritz is long due for 2nd free service. I did not have enough time to drive down to a service station to get it done, Mithra Agencies has been following up for quite sometime, I feel ashamed for delaying such a simple service.
Even I am facing delay's in getting my Swift serviced which is due for the third service (10K kms one). I already have done 10866 kms in 4 months but the ASC I regularly go is having power issues and is not getting time to service cars.

My SA is delaying as he doesn't want complaints from me.

Thinking to call this MMS tomorrow home!

Anurag.
Old 22nd April 2014, 18:03   #5
BHPian

How did they manage to dispose the water used for washing. I too got a call recently informing this facility but did not avail for the apprehension of disposal of used water.
Old 22nd April 2014, 20:12   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh.n View Post
How did they manage to dispose the water used for washing. I too got a call recently informing this facility but did not avail for the apprehension of disposal of used water.
Why apprehension?

They use a shampoo to wash the car and spray it off. Similar as we do when we wash cars at our home. Do you collect the water?

Sorry I didn't understand you doubt hence asking. No offence.

Anurag.
Old 22nd April 2014, 20:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Carnation (Jagdish Khattar company) has such service in Gurgaon. I tried to use it on a Sunday but they were completely booked!

I have used it in Dwarka, it's very okay for a normal service. Nothing beyond.
Old 22nd April 2014, 22:20   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

No extra charge. They were thorough professionals, did not even seem to be expecting a tip. They just asked to rate their service when customer care calls me.

Pictures Googled, just for reference. Equipment and vehicle are similar.
Maruti's Mobile Service - At your doorstep!-maruti_mobile_border.jpgMaruti's Mobile Service - At your doorstep!-mobilesupport.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh.n View Post
How did they manage to dispose the water used for washing.
It was a tiny holed pressure tube, not much of waste water. Should not be a problem. In my case, due to the summer heat whole area just dried off in minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Even I am facing delay's in getting my Swift serviced which is due for the third service (10K kms one).
Maruti is appealing to folks like us. I was apprehensive initially and asked the service adviser over phone to send a person to pick up and drop vehicle. He was prompt in saying why do you want to waste fuel, we will send the mobile service.
Please post your experience and some pictures if possible, which I missed.

Last edited by BusyBoyKK : 22nd April 2014 at 22:23.
BusyBoyKK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 23:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

How do they change the oil without a pit or hoisting the car up, especially if the gear oil is to be changed? What about under-body inspections?
Old 22nd April 2014, 23:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
How do they change the oil without a pit or hoisting the car up, especially if the gear oil is to be changed? What about under-body inspections?
Gansan, I cannot answer that as I am not a techie. This service is good for basic servicing, they would ask you to visit a workshop after inspecting the vehicle. You could probably give a ring / visit a service station having MMS.
Old 22nd April 2014, 23:52   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't think kind service is for DETAIL examination.

A normal routine fluids change, filter change, wash and tightening etc. If at all any detail work is needed the ASC is anyway there. This type if service helps people who have low time to spend.

Anurag.
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:18   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, this is just awesome! Unbeatable convenience.

Well in my case they charged me Rs 120 for doing the service at my door step.

The work they did was neat. They brought a power wash too to clean the exterior of the car, they had the blower to clean the interior also. For washing of the under body of the car they gave me a coupon with which if i visit there service center with in the next two months they will again give me a full car complimentary wash.

The work they do are-

1) General check up and servicing. (This includes a test drive of your car)

2) Fluid changes like Engine oil, oil filter, gear oil, coolant. They do have a hydraulic jack in-case they need to lift the car for oil drainage.

3) If you mention over the phone regarding a particular parts change and if its feasible they will do it at your door step.

4) Fitment of accessories like stereo, wheel cap, seat cover, fog lamp etc etc.

5) Changing of any fused bulb or a blown out fuse or some basic electrical/wiring problem.

What they don't do-

1) Body work.

2) Wheel alignment and balancing.

3) Under carriage washing.

4) In-case a major work is needed to be done then they will ask you to bring your car to the service center.

Verdict- I will prefer the doorstep service if your car has no major problem. The service executives at the service center can more easily extract money from you by adding many unnecessary extra's which they cant do at your door step due to lack of equipment's.

Just for example a most common ill practice of Maruti is they ask for getting a engine de-carbonizing done for a car with just 30,000kms on the odometer which is a complete rip off! They cant ask for all these at your door step! Plus you save your time. Paying rs 120 for coming to my door step is okay as it saves me the fuel bill for going to there showroom and coming back plus it saves time. The most important piece of mind is the mechanics cant mishandle my car in my absence which is a very common practice in the service centers. So i give a thumbs up for this service.

Sharing three pics of them working on my car at our door step.

The maruti Eeco which came for doing the mobile service.

Maruti's Mobile Service - At your doorstep!-img_1113.jpg

Power washing my car.

Maruti's Mobile Service - At your doorstep!-img_1115-1.jpg

The Fully equipped Eeco.
Maruti's Mobile Service - At your doorstep!-img_1114.jpg
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:25   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Please post your experience and some pictures if possible, which I missed.
Since I was not able to get time to get the car serviced, my dad will go tomorrow and give the car for service. I'll be taking his car to work.

Sorry as I couldn't help with the using of the MMS!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 08:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Is this an initiative from Maruti or from the dealers? If it is from the dealers, it may be difficult to start this in every city.
If this is indeed from Maruti, we can see this very soon in every city

Last edited by jinojohnt : 24th April 2014 at 08:46.
Old 24th April 2014, 10:00   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Is this an initiative from Maruti or from the dealers? If it is from the dealers, it may be difficult to start this in every city.
If this is indeed from Maruti, we can see this very soon in every city.
This effort seems to be from the dealer (Mithra Agencies) and not from Maruti Suzuki. This dealer is third position in sales and service but number 1 is Varun Motors, they too are planning to start such service.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks