Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2014, 18:21   #1
Team-BHP Support

Renault's Round The Clock initiative for Scala and Duster

Renault India recently launched a limited period campaign called 'Round The Clock'. This initiative which would see its dealerships and service stations across the country, remain open 24 hours a day on the 24th and 25th of May, 2014. The company claims that the response to the campaign has been strong which has prompted it to carry out the next edition of the initiative on the 29th , 30th and 31st of the month.

Under the 'Round the Clock' initiative, Renault car owners could win assured gifts like LCD TVs, smart phones, e-book readers, tablets, camcorders and digital cameras. Customers could also avail of LOW EMI offers, additional 2 years warranty and free roadside assistance for 4 years.

The offer is applicable to select variants of the Scala sedan and Duster SUV only.

Renault's Round The Clock initiative for Scala and Duster-1800412_650698478343143_666613045852827693_n.png

Last edited by Aditya : 29th May 2014 at 18:29.
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 19:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault's Round The Clock initiative for Scala and Duster

What does keeping a dealership open for 24 hours have to do with anything? Its not that someone waiting to buy a Duster/Scala hasn't got the time during the day and would be able to buy one during these days just because the dealership is open in the night.
fine69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 19:58   #3
BHPian

They should first create a proper website that displays the specifications of their cars!
The other day I was trying to find some information about the scala and their current site doesn't even have the specs or the brochure available for download.
Old 29th May 2014, 21:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
They should first create a proper website that displays the specifications of their cars!
The other day I was trying to find some information about the scala and their current site doesn't even have the specs or the brochure available for download.
Thats not right. Just click "skip to car info" and you have all details. But agree it should have been on the landing page.
mail4ajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 22:20   #5
BHPian

Showroom open 24 hours !!!! Why on earth would someone visit a car showroom (not service station) at 2 in the morning?

Maybe people who have had one too many drinks during the weekend and stumble out of the bar half out of their senses would think it to be a good idea.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 23:11   #6
BHPian

We were seriously contemplating buying the Duster, and had visited the dealership during the offer period. You get to chose a gift among those listed, free roadside assistance and extended warranty as well as a discount. The offer is interesting, although the Duster still seems expensive.

Also, 'round the clock' is definitely not being followed. I'm not sure if showroom's are even aware of this clause. When I asked mine what time they'd close, I was told 7.30pm. I asked what 'round the clock' meant and they looked stunned.
sukrit7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 16:02   #7
BHPian

It would have made more sense if they opened service centers 24 x 7. I do not see a sane & serious buyer visiting showroom to make a booking or receive car delivery at night. Poor marketing technique, I'd say.

Time to rethink your strategies dear Renault! This one is just a sham.
Old 19th June 2014, 16:58   #8
Team-BHP Support

Actually, there are two things here.
1. This is a marketing gimmick, all right.
2. Renault did not think of this one for sure. Ford already runs a similar initiative once a year. Midnight Carnival or some such... The trick is the same. The dealership is open through the night. Drop in, pick a gift, get some discounts or offers etc... book your car

Mostly people nowadays enjoy gimmicks even though they know it for one. So going in for a midnight carnival (thats what it is), booking the car has a thrill to it. But does that add any new buyers to the list? May be not unless of course the company has thrown in some juicy bits like special discounts etc.

Most Viewed