Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 13:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Review: Galaxy Toyota @ Okhla Industrial Area, Delhi

I have been getting my Innova serviced /repaired at Galaxy Toyota B-23, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase 1. New Delhi from October 2009 till date.

Address and contact details
Review: Galaxy Toyota @ Okhla Industrial Area, Delhi-contact.jpg
Pros
  1. Friendly staff who don't get defensive when one berates them for deficient services.
  2. Well-stocked spare parts department
  3. Overall timely deliveries. Very few instances of taking extra time.
  4. Open 24x7
Cons and their mitigation.
  1. Like any dealership of any manufacturer, they are harried for time. They won't give your car individual attention that it deserves, because Toyota in its infinite wisdom, has set time limits for each job.
  2. The first casualty of the above, is the Rs 1432/- service inspection charges. They actually don't perform an inspection as per the manual. You need to stand there and remind them to check each point against what the owner's manual stipulates. Caveat emptor!
  3. They will sometimes foist a fresh ITI graduate to perform service or a running repair. Read about my horrendous experience with one such moron:
  4. Quote:
    Dash it all... last time I had my A/C serviced - the technician actually thought it prudent to cut the after market reverse camera wire going from the stereo to the rear number plate - all because it was in the way of the evaporator-which he wanted to take out for a thorough clean. It did not occur to him, that he could have created space for the evaporator, by loosening the nuts around the stereo , detaching the camera wire, and then pulling on the evaporator unit. After a few sheeping grins from him as he explained his act, and after I had raised enough hell, to get the GM on the floor, the worker cleaned up after his dastardly act. Now, this happened at one of Toyota's flagship dealers in New Delhi (India's capital) - so you can well imagine what kind of service capabilities exist on the ground!
The buyer (you ) are well-advised to enquire from the workshop job-controller (Sharma-ji) - about who exactly has been assigned your job and his level of experience. And then STAND next to him, while he completes the work!
6. As mentioned in point 2 above, don't depend on the assigned mechanic to figure out the faults.
Instead do a walk-around of the vehicle, and a walk-around underneath the vehicle to personally discover any issues. For me, here's an example of a leaking seal between the prop-shaft and the gear-box. The mechanic who was tasked to just clean the ABS-Sensors and service the vehicle, had put the car on a lift. But he did not bother to walk underneath with a light to check for leaks - which I did - and I found the leak. Even so, he told me there's no point in fixing the leak because it does not look serious.

Review: Galaxy Toyota @ Okhla Industrial Area, Delhi-leaking-seal-gear-box.jpg
Review: Galaxy Toyota @ Okhla Industrial Area, Delhi-offending-article.jpg

joybhowmik is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks