Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 4 66.67%
Recommended 0 0%
Not recommended 0 0%
Yet to try 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2014, 23:39   #1
BHPian

Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!

Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-nss-tasc.jpg

Products/ Services Offered:
  • Routine Service
  • Warranty work
  • Accidental repair
  • Cashless facilities
  • TMI Insurance renewal

Other Services/ amenities
  • Well appointed air conditioned customer lounge with a TV.
  • Free pick up and drop services.
  • Towing facility.
  • Paint booth.
  • TMI insurance for rollover vehicles( for customers who want to shift from some other insurance to TMI)
  • Zero depreciation policy

What I like:
  • Attentiveness of the staff - have the patience to hear you out and the work you need done.
  • Do not advise frivolous add-ons ( additives, accessories)
  • Honest advice - if the car doesn't need a particular repair/ service/ part replacement, will not try to palm it off on you just to make a fast buck.
  • Updated with the latest circulars/ advisories issued by Tata Motors.
  • Well trained staff , updated on latest product lineup - the day I had gone there, the very next day a senior mechanic was to attend a workshop/ training on Zest.
  • Mandeep, the GM, is attentive and updated on the technology. A mechanical engineer himself, he had vast knowledge on all Tata cars.

What I Don't Like:
  • The approach road (about 200 metres of it) is unpaved - gives the suspension a thorough workout.
  • Finding the workshop may be difficult for some as it is a little off the main road

Small Yet Significant Points
  • Large Service bay with all the amenities of a modern workshop.
  • Experienced in Accident repair - they had recently done a chassis replacement for an accidented Storme.
  • You can go and see the service/ repair being carried out on your vehicle on the workshop floor - a big plus for me.
  • I was directed there by another BHPian - windiesel, who was very happy with their work and I too was not disappointed by the workmanship and attention to detail.
  • Costs I feel are at par with the industry - a basic service with oil change (Synthetic - Petronas 5W40), fuel, oil and air filters' replacement, fluids top up and general suspension checkup (not including washing/ cleaning) cost me Rs 4700/- IIRC.
  • Work on Sundays too. Wednesdays closed.

Address/ Directions
Address - D-34 SMA Industrial Area, Opposite Jahangir Puri, GT Karnal Road, Delhi 110033

Coming from Delhi and moving north towards Karnal, cross Jahangirpuri Metro Station, enter the industrial area from a arterial road opposite Metro Pillar No 136 and 200 metres ahead you have the Workshop on your left.

Mapmyindia Location (Courtsey: Mapmyindia.com)

Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-directions-nss.png

Google Map

Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-google-map-nss.png

Contact Information

Name of Person - Mandeep
Contact Nos :
011-27694897
011-65156189
011-32997033
+919910394697
Fax:
011-32907033
email - narainsinghandsons@gmail.com

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 31st August 2014 at 23:49. Reason: grammar !
Ironhide is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 00:27   #2
BHPian

re: Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi)

Here's the google map link

https://goo.gl/maps/6qM0R

Cheers !
Old 4th September 2014, 17:47   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi) EDIT: Now closed!

Great report, thanks for sharing! I'm certain it will be of immense help to other Tata owners.

Moved your review to the dealerships section (Team-BHP Directory is for independent shops only).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 18:02   #4
BHPian

re: Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi) EDIT: Now closed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great report, thanks for sharing! I'm certain it will be of immense help to other Tata owners.

Moved your review to the dealerships section (Team-BHP Directory is for independent shops only).

Thanks GTO - though I must confess, I had a good example/format to model this report upon

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...uz-mumbai.html (Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai))

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 23:48   #5
BHPian

Timing Chain replacement - nicely done

Had a chance to revisit Narain Singh and Sons for a Timing Chain replacement. I had called Mandeep a day earlier and he confirmed that the Service Centre would be open, the expected time it would take and approx costs.

Reached there on a Sunday at around 10 am and the Service advisor checked out the car. Their head mechanic, Vijay, whom I had specifically requested for came and looked over the car and explained to the two working on it what all needed to be done. He had them get parts, consumables, spares and tools that were required for the job and lay them out neatly. The car was tested for some noise from the rear suspension and suspension check was added to the 'to do' list. Tools and parts sourced, the work on the car began.

BHPian wanderingwolf also went with me to have his Indica Xeta serviced. The car had been having certain RPM issues and some problems in gear slotting, especially between 1 & 2. Also the check engine light was coming on. Vijay looked at the car and hooked it up to the laptop for OBD, specifically for the check engine light. Having diagnosed and isolated the probable cause, he gave out his plan of work to the two working on wanderingwolf's xeta.

Vijay working on the OBD connected to wanderingwolf's Xeta
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-vijay-obd-cropped.jpg

Mandeep, the GM came in and himself looked over the cars and consulted with Vijay about the work to be done on the two cars. Though he was to leave for Chandigarh, he was gracious enough to spend time with us and explain the work required and how it would be done.

Once the work started , Mandeep gave us an impromptu tour of the facility. The Service Center has extensive bodywork shop too where a lot of cars that
had been in accidents were being worked upon.

This safari had a Nilgai jump on to the bonnet damaging it and the windshieldTata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-safari-windshield-closeup.jpg

The spare parts/ consumables stores which is in the basement was also shown. It was neatly organised.
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-spares-main.jpg

All the parts were stacked and placed according to the catalogue.Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-spares-packed-cartons.jpg

A place for everything and everything in its place (unfortunately I myself find the philosophy hard to follow, much to the consternation of my wife !)
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-fluids.jpg

Various body panels. These are painted to match the colour and replaced with the damaged panel. You can see a nano bonnet in the foreground.
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-panels-incl-nano.jpg

Mandeep, a BHPian himself, is also a restoration enthusiast. He proudly showed us a Citroën 2CV that he was restoring. Here you can see Mandeep showing the engine bay to wandering wolf.
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-citroen-bonnet-open.jpg

The basic rubbing and paintwork had been done and he was in the process of sourcing original engine and parts from abroad.
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-citroen-front.jpg

He also showed us a vintage Kawasaki dirt bike that he intended to take up as a project after he finished restoring the Citroën 2CV. In the body shop, one thing that I noticed was that cars that had taken a frontal hit/ head on also had most of the passenger cabin intact. This spoke volumes about the structural integrity of the shells. We saw a Vista whose front had been totalled after a head on with a LCV but the passenger cabin had remained intact. Impressive.

On opening the bonnet I also noticed a dirty intercooler.I asked Vijay to have a look and he said that in all likelihood, the intercooler inlet hose (made of hard rubber) had become loose due to age and he'll have it replaced.

Dirty Intercooler. The inlet hose was replaced and it was cleaned after the Timing Chain work was done.
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-dirty-intercooler.jpg
It was raining cats and dogs that day in Delhi. For this very reason, you would see most employees sans the Tata uniform, something they are supposed to wear on the workshop floor. The heavy rain also proved to be a boon as there were lesser cars in the workshop compared to a normal day and the two cars got all the attention, and then some more

(PS : All pictures are courtsey wandering wolf)

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 6th March 2015 at 23:54.
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 00:41   #6
BHPian

Timing Chain replacement - nicely done

The work on my car started by 10:30 am and only finished by 6:30pm. There were two mechanics working on my car. The primary work was to replace the timing chain. Additional work of servicing the brakes, checking the suspension and intercooler were to be taken on when the timing chain work was finished.

Work on the Timing Chain commences
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-timing-chain-wk-2.jpg

As brought out earlier, Vijay gave out precise instructions on what is to be done to the two mechanics working on my car. he had them lay out tools, spares and consumables next to the car. The bumper was opened to access the difficult to reach areas. The engine oil and coolant were drained, the crankshaft and timing mechanism locked, the exhaust pipe disconnected and removed and work in all earnest began. The Timing Chain isn't the easiest part to replace and needs the mechanic to squeeze his hand through some of the most inaccessible areas of the engine bay.

Accessing the hard-to-reach parts
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-img_20150301_133458-2.jpg

Acceesing the engine from below. Here you can see the intercooler inlet hose that was replaced later
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-img_20150301_144658-2.jpg

Vijay answered all my queries politely and adequately. I also informed him of an issue that I had noticed earlier. When the RPM increased from 2100 to 2200, there was an almost imperceptible momentary dip in power. This happened on the recent long distance trip I had done and had again surfaced of late. Vijay said it could be related to the EGR Valve and though Tata does not advise on cleaning of EGR valve, he would have it done, time permitting of course. I wanted him to concentrate on the timing Chain replacement and hence decided to leave it for for another day, as this too was a time consuming operation.

On chatting with Mandeep, he revealed that Vijay is sent by the workshop to the Tata plant in Pune for training visits quite frequently, especially so with the new generation cars that Tata has launched in the recent times. This was evident by the knowledge he displayed when I interacted with Vijay. He seemed well versed with using the OBD and was calmly confident of the work that needed to be done. Even the mechanics working on the car were confident and knowledgeable about the various parts and and their intended function. Never once did they show any impatience politely answered all queries that I posed. By standing while the car was being worked upon, I quizzed the mechanics about various parts that go into making of an engine and how they work.

Once the car was hoisted, I noticed that there was no engine guard underneath. When asked, I was told that the earlier models of Manza did not have any engine guards, but the later models came with one . I asked if one be fitted on the engine after the work was completed and this was promptly done. The engine guard is a contoured and appropriately cut (for accessing the oil sump drain plug) thick gauge metal sheet
which is quite heavy. The part felt like it was built to last and would easily take all the underbody hits that the road threw at it. Now that was reassuring

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 7th March 2015 at 00:59.
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 23:37   #7
BHPian

Pleasant Work Experience at Tata Authorised Service Centre - Narain Singh & Sons, Delhi

Had a chance to revisit Narain Singh and Sons for a windshield related work. There was a crack at the base of the windshield of which I had no idea of having cropped up. I only noticed it one morning while cleaning the windshield. Over the next many days, maybe because the car is parked in direct sun, the crack started to gradually expand. Now this got me worried.... did not want the windshield doing a Full Monty on me at 100 km/h !

Had a word with Mandeep. He asked to bring the car over and he'd have a look at it ; maybe have it replaced under insurance. Took the car to Narain Singh and Sons on a Saturday along with wanderingwolf. He had to have his ORVM replaced and a heater installed. Vijay had a look at my car and opined that the crack may expand, though it will be a slow process. I asked them to go ahead with the replacement of the windshield. At the same time, wanderingwolf's Xeta was looked at by Vijay and work began in earnest on its HVAC system.

In the meanwhile, they removed and replaced the windshield on my Manza. Mandeep told me that the epoxy/ adhesive will take 4-5 hours to set, but I asked him to let it set for an entire day, so that it bonds well.

Windshield removed and the car prepped to take on the new windshield
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-windshield-removed.jpg

The new windshield fitted snugly
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-img20150502wa0021.jpg

The dashboard of wanderingwolf's Xeta, was opened up to access the HVAC system. They needed a heating coil for it. On tallying with the inventory software, they realised that they did not have the required type of coil stocked, but Mandeep assured that they could be sourced by the next day - and they did!

I also asked Mandeep to have a look at the ac while the car was there. On checking, they found that while the refrigerant levels etc were optimum, one of the radiator/ condenser fans (Manza has two) was not working. It was not a sensor issue; the motor of the fan was not working. The fan was also replaced promptly.

Fan housing assembly being removed
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-fan-housing-assembly-removed.jpg

Fan housing assembly removed and old fan being removed, while the new fan awaits installation
[ATTACH]Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-old-fan-removed.jpg

The new fan being set in the assembly by Vijay
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-new-fan-being-fitted.jpg

The new fan being secured
Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed!-new-fan-finally-screwed-housing.jpg[/ATTACH]

I picked up the car the next day. The car was spanking clean inside out while the windshield sparkled, with nary a line out of place. The quality of workmanship was evident. For the sealing of the epoxy, I'll have to wait for the monsoons, though, knowing the standard of their work, I'm sure that it would be flawless.

Wanderingwolf's case was more complicated. It needed opening the entire dash, accessing the HVAC system, dismantling it to a degree, installing the required part and assembling the whole thing again. This was done over a period of three days, one of which was spent waiting for the required part. Both the issues were negotiated skillfully and to the entire satisfaction of wanderingwolf . After the work on his car was finished, Mandeep had the car dropped at his residence.

While at the Service Centre, I met the owner/driver of an Indigo CS cab. The man was working for Uber and was quite happy with them, especially the remunerations. I was amazed at the way he had maintained his car ... it was gleaming, without a scratch ( a rare sight in Delhi these days) and had clean, well appointed interiors with spotless white terry fabric seat covers and footmats without a speck of dust on them. What amazed me even more was the fact that his car had crossed 2.5L kms (that's what he claimed) and was soon closing on 3 L kms ! He said that he had had no trouble whatsoever with the engine and the car performed flawlessly! He said that he always got the car serviced at authorised service centres at the appointed intervals and had had a long association with Narain Singh and Sons. He claimed that throughout the ownership period, which was close to five years, the car had never given him any trouble whatsoever ! This, kind of reaffirmed my faith on Tata !

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 27th May 2015 at 23:49.
Ironhide is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 12:36   #8
BHPian

I second your opinion, Ironside......I visit Narainsingh & Sons routinely for keeping my Manza in top shape. Mr Hardeep and his son Mr Mandeep are knowledgeable and helpful too.
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 16:08   #9
BHPian

I have an update to share. This workshop has been closed now. I visited today for my tiago's 5th paid service and was disappointed to see this closed. Triumph Chevrolet service center has taken over this place. Security guard outside has given me phone numbers of the workers who worked here, they have opened some car repairing shop nearby.
OneToughRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 17:30   #10
BHPian

Re: Tata Authorised Service Center - Narain Singh & Sons (Jahangirpuri, New Delhi). EDIT: Now closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
I have an update to share. This workshop has been closed now. I visited today for my tiago's 5th paid service and was disappointed to see this closed. Triumph Chevrolet service center has taken over this place. Security guard outside has given me phone numbers of the workers who worked here, they have opened some car repairing shop nearby.
This was my go to shop when i had Safari Dicor because of the 'feel at home' factor. I know it closed down, as they were clients and my father knows them personally. The reason was 'Tata'.
You can try out Tuli Motors, it's nearby and better than Malwa and other 'Chor' TASS.
Lego28 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed