Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2014, 18:14   #1
BHPian

BMW Infinity Worli - Truly incredible service

I'm so very, VERY pleased at the service @ Infinity Cars Worli.

Excuse the wall of text, but I feel it's important to specify every little detail so the whole picture comes together well.

--

20th/21st October - Called Infinity Malad to inquire about purchasing a Demo 520d from them, was quoted 45L. I said okay, and the chap over the phone piped up and told me they were running discounts of 10L on new cars. Now, Malad is way too far for me, so I thanked the gentleman and told him I'd be contacting Worli. He sounded happy enough.

22nd October - Called Worli to inquire about their discounts, offers, and when a TD can be arranged. My guy was called "Pratamesh". Ask for him, top notch salesman. He offered to bring the car down to my place on Friday, and we locked it in.

24th October - TD Car and Pratamesh show up 5 minutes early. I appreciated his punctuality very much, as I had back-to-back appointments the same day. TD went well, he explained the features, the differences between the Modern Line and Luxury Line, and about the BSI (Now called RI) and BMW Assure Packages. No stumbling or bumbling when I asked questions. Pleasant and chirpy. Non-intrusive and definitely not over-eager. Great stuff. He let me have the car for however long I wanted. I drove her from Bandra to Worli, and back to Bandra again.

I invited him upstairs so we could talk numbers. We finally came to 57.25L OTR for an Imperial Blue 520d, w/ BSI + BMW Assure. I was transparent and said I'd check with Navnit before committing further. He seemed perfectly fine with that, which I appreciate. The thing I appreciated the most was the lack of "pushy-ness". Always quick to respond to phone calls, but never pushing me to lock in the car ASAP. The best part? He brought the car down to me on this particular day because it was convenient to me. I had no idea it was his day off.

25th October - Went to Navnit. Bad experience, bad idea. They didn't "offer" anything, but told me they'd have to check with their upper management to approve any figure. Pushing hard for a booking amount on the spot. Left and immediately called Pratamesh. Told him I'd lock it in right away @ 55L. He countered with 56L, and I pulled the trigger. (There's a whole saga about Imperial blue that you'll find in my ownership thread, when I do make one..)

26th October - Pratamesh offered to send someone out to my place to collect the cheque and finalize the paperwork. I declined, it was a Sunday and Mom wanted to get out of the house.

We got to the showroom at our own time, and was immediately greeted by Deepak, as Pratamesh was out (informed about in advance). He was clued up about our offer and car, which was pleasant. Mom saw the silver 520d which was sitting on the showroom floor. I think she took a liking to the lighter colors at that point.. We got down to talking, and was in the process of finalizing the car when Mom got a bit indecisive about the interior. All credits to Deepak, he went out of his way to show us every interior he could.

He brought us over to the showroom car, explained the trim and interior options, then brought us down to the pre-owned section to see another interior color/trim. We then went out to the demo car to see the third interior color/trim, and the final icing on the cake was when he called for the Nariman Point demo car so we could see the final Interior/Trim. What absolutely excellent service. The Nariman Point car arrived in about 20 minutes, during which he sat with me in the Worli Showroom car, explaining the BMW Live and BMW Connected Apps for my phone.

When the car finally turned up, we had a look, and settled on the interior/trim combination.

Next problem! We became slightly indecisive about the exterior color. We had two options available to us for a 31st delivery, Black Sapphire Metallic and Imperial Blue. There was an Imperial Blue car sitting in the pre-owned section, blocked by some 2 other cars. "Not a problem" he says! Tells us to wait upstairs as he goes down and proceeds to pull out the vehicle so we could see the color in the light of day.

Finally settled on Imperial Blue, sat down, finished the paperwork with ease, and now we collect our new baby on the 31st.

--

I am truly and genuinely touched by the lengths these two gentlemen have gone through to sell us the vehicle. They were interested, and had just the right amount of enthusiasm.. Never pushy and always responsive. I am not the easiest customer at the best of times, but I was handled with absolute respect and never with a frown.

Sure, Navnit phoned back and said they'd give me the same car for 1L off, but I declined. I wanted to give my business to Infinity. They've earned it.

If you go hunting for a new BMW, contact Infinity Worli, and ask for either Pratamesh or Deepak, you won't regret it.
Stiggy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 19:47   #2
BHPian

re: BMW Infinity Worli - Truly incredible service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
Sure, Navnit phoned back and said they'd give me the same car for 1L off, but I declined. I wanted to give my business to Infinity. They've earned it.
Do you mean to say Navnit was ready to give you the car at 1 lakh discount then what Prathamesh had offered? And you still have stick to Prathamesh, if so then I would say a good gesture of appreciation for Prathamesh from your side.

Appreciate the patience and selling skills of Prathamesh and Deepak.
Old 26th October 2014, 19:54   #3
BHPian

re: BMW Infinity Worli - Truly incredible service

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Do you mean to say Navnit was ready to give you the car at 1 lakh discount then what Prathamesh had offered? And you still have stick to Prathamesh, if so then I would say a good gesture of appreciation for Prathamesh from your side.

Appreciate the patience and selling skills of Prathamesh and Deepak.

That is correct, the SE at Navnit said she'd do 55L.

Here's my problem though, she wanted me to come into the showroom with a cheque. Only after putting my foot down did she agree to talking about a price without a booking cheque. Ridiculous.

Even so, I could sense she was upset at me not bringing in a cheque and therefore was unwilling to confirm any price with me. She said "tentatively" that it was 56.3L for the car I wanted, only after I informed her that I was going with Infinity did she call me, and literally shouted at me, telling me she could've done 54-55L.

The best part? I asked if she was giving me the price off-handedly or if this is approved by her sales team.. She backtracked and said she'd have to get it approved first.

In short, too many complications and too many headaches. Infinity were direct, transparent, and extremely easy to deal with. Well worth the 1-2L I lost out on the deal w/ Navnit.

Last edited by Stiggy : 26th October 2014 at 20:00. Reason: Spelling & Grammar
Stiggy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 17:01   #4

Re: BMW Infinity Worli - Truly incredible service

Dear Stiggy
Very well said. When I was reading your thread, my mind kept going back to my experience with Infinity Worli. Prathamesh was in touch with me from 2012 when I had initially enquired about the X1. Somehow it didn't work out then. But when I decided to give the F30 a try in 2014, I called Prathamesh. I was pleasantly surprised when he not only remembered my name but also recollected my place of stay and my whole X1 experience. Nice touch.

My TD included few short rounds in and around Worli and a long one from Worli to Chembur. I wanted to test the car on the roads I would be taking often. I was hesitant to ask for a 15km TD but Infinity seemed perfectly fine with it. I expressed my intention to finalize & Prathamesh made the final offer. No haggling and no ‘I-will-check-with-my-superior-and-revert’ stuff. No fuss.

Am saving the best experience for last. I took a final call on booking my 320d Sportsline on a Sunday but the next day was a bank holiday and I could release my payment to them only on Wednesday. Infinity did all the paperwork, finance, registration and delivered the car to me in the next 48 hours. Friday evening (Oct 11th) I took delivery of my car. BMW & Infinity put a few e-tailers to shame with a 48 hour delivery time for a brand new car. Mind blown.

Kudos to Stiggy for taking the time out and thanking those who have made your purchase a special & memorable experience.
Kudos to Infinity & Prathamesh for raising the service bar and complimenting the already great suite of BMW products. Best wishes.
Old 13th March 2015, 01:17   #5
BHPian

Dear Stiggy, I totally agree with you. I've had dealings with Prathamesh for quite some time now. We first test drove the 3 GT when BMW was doing a marketing thing in my city. He later brought a 520d for me to test drive. Although we did not finalize at the time and still haven't decided, he was always a gentleman. Never Pushy, never annoyed.

Was checking in to see if any good offers were going on on the 520d recently and learned that he's left Infinity.

Anyways, I was just wondering, is your Ownership thread up yet? Would love to get a review of the LCI facelift 520d!
Old 3rd April 2015, 13:02   #6
BHPian

Venom / Stiggy,

I bought my 520d from Prathamesh and Deepak as well. Excellent service, very friendly and genuine interest in the client. In fact they were so good that I went in enquiring for a 3, ended up buying a 5!

Hopefully the service experience at Infinity will be good as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Was checking in to see if any good offers were going on on the 520d recently and learned that he's left Infinity.

Anyways, I was just wondering, is your Ownership thread up yet? Would love to get a review of the LCI facelift 520d!
I have been lazy and not put up the ownership thread, but can give you details of the offer I got if you PM me
Old 3rd April 2015, 13:40   #7
Team-BHP Support

I too was pleasantly surprised when I bought the X3, the service this time was far better than when I had bought my 3 series 3 years ago. Probably due to the fact that my salesman was Winston this time. He took care of everything in a timely manner, and I've even referred him to other members who have bought their cars from him and been happy.

The aftersales too, barring a few silly experiences has been good. If anyone here faces in issue PM me I can put you in touch with the right people.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 15:44   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Stiggy (good name, be careful of Jeremy!) - thanks for this thread, it feels nice to know that good sales people are doing a good job. I have a small request to make.

My all time favorite is the BMW Z4 convertible in dark blue or black color. I can't afford a new one. However, I am inclined to look at a pre-owned petrol BMW with automatic transmission. Petrol because the buy price will be less than diesel and automatic because I want to own an automatic. Can you PM me the contact numbers of Prathamesh and Deepak please? Let's see if they can turn up something!

Dear Akshay - may I request you to PM me Winston's number?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 28th April 2015, 04:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Stiggy (good name, be careful of Jeremy!) - thanks for this thread, it feels nice to know that good sales people are doing a good job. I have a small request to make.

My all time favorite is the BMW Z4 convertible in dark blue or black color. I can't afford a new one. However, I am inclined to look at a pre-owned petrol BMW with automatic transmission. Petrol because the buy price will be less than diesel and automatic because I want to own an automatic. Can you PM me the contact numbers of Prathamesh and Deepak please? Let's see if they can turn up something!

Dear Akshay - may I request you to PM me Winston's number?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hey Behram,

Sorry for my extended absence, there's quite a lot going on right now, with both family and work.

According to some of the forum posts on here, it appears that Prathamesh no longer works at Infinity, which, if true, is a true shame. I have no doubt that any other sales representative would be just as helpful with your query, though.

(Here's to hoping Prathamesh has gone to Autohanger and Mercedes. I have my eye on an S500 next )
Stiggy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 10:16   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Behram,

Sorry for my extended absence, there's quite a lot going on right now, with both family and work.

According to some of the forum posts on here, it appears that Prathamesh no longer works at Infinity, which, if true, is a true shame. I have no doubt that any other sales representative would be just as helpful with your query, though.

(Here's to hoping Prathamesh has gone to Autohanger and Mercedes. I have my eye on an S500 next )
OK thanks, attrition rates at dealerships in India is ridiculously high. I believe a used S is for sale for about 25.

B
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 10:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
OK thanks, attrition rates at dealerships in India is ridiculously high. I believe a used S is for sale for about 25.

B
Sadly, true. Wish it were different. It's always nice to build a working relationship with a salesperson. Streamlines the experience slightly.

I find it a little more useful to build a relationship with a manager or one in a senior position at the dealership. They tend to switch around less, I suppose..

I was talking about a brand new, 2015/16 model. Nothing like a 2 and a half ton German luxury saloon that'll match a 911 Carrera to 100, eh?
Old 28th April 2015, 10:32   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sadly, true. Wish it were different. It's always nice to build a working relationship with a salesperson. Streamlines the experience slightly.

I find it a little more useful to build a relationship with a manager or one in a senior position at the dealership. They tend to switch around less, I suppose..

I was talking about a brand new, 2015/16 model. Nothing like a 2 and a half ton German luxury saloon that'll match a 911 Carrera to 100, eh?
Cool! These things depreciate so fast, its not funny. Let somebody else be the fall guy, that's why buy used!!!
Old 28th April 2015, 10:57   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Cool! These things depreciate so fast, its not funny. Let somebody else be the fall guy, that's why buy used!!!
While true, if we all purchased with that in mind, there wouldn't be any fall guys for you to reap the benefits off of!
Stiggy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks