Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2006, 00:49   #16
BHPian

i'm sorry guys, but there is a misunderstanding, when i said that i realized the gap initially, i meant like after a week after it was delivered.

It's a tiny gap, i never thought it would turn out to be such a big thing.

When i went for first service they said that the gap was a manufacturing defect.

After complainging to the head office AVG, they took my car and told me that evening that the car had been hit by me and i had it hit straight and repainted. They removed the fender and showed the marks of the fender been hit straight at the rear end of the fender. Left the car in AVG.

Called GM and he took the car to the head office workshop of AVG in Kottayam and said the car had not been hit and that all is well, and he just decereased the gap, and he said that he'll enquire on what happenned and call us back. No reply from him after sending many mails and calls for like one and a half months.

Complaint to Maruti, the customer care manager had my car fixed and after removing the fender confirmed that the car had met with an accident.

Then i found the photo of the car in AVG Thiruvalla before it was delivered to me and showed it to the customer care manager. The customer care manager informed the CEO of AVG and the customer care manager called me up today and said that she confirms from the photo that the car in the photo is my car before it was delivered and she said that the CEO is now on our side, and says that probably that the car had come in that condition from Maruti. The customer care manager said that the CEO is now on our side and has informed Maruti and finding out the invoice number and all the information of how it was moved to AVG from Maruti.

Guys, i have proof that the car had been received to me after it had met with an accident, and the AVG CEO also agrees with me.

The customer care manager also said not to complaint to anyone else for three days till the enquiry is over. I wonder why?

The thing that i can't understand is why the GM said that the car had never met with an accident, probably to keep me quiet for some time. These AVG ppl have been driving me in circles for the last 4 months, there should be a price for my time, patience and the humiliation of being accused of getting my own car fixed in a local workshop and not admitting it. I just want those service guys and the GM to be taught a lesson.

If it means going to the court i'll do it.
Old 8th August 2006, 01:58   #17
BHPian

But then u said your fender has been replaced by the maruti customer service guys ??
That is the most u could expect under the current circumstances.
Legal option is almost out of question for the following reasons . . .
- even if some guys have spoken on your behalf, they'll not repeat the same in court.
- it will be next to impossible to prove that the car in the pic was yours.
- Point raised by Manson about signing the acceptance form while receiving the car.
- They'll argue that the damaged part was replaced free of cost and there is no more residual damage.
- suing him will cost u money to begin with along with follow ups and the case could drag on for a long time, at the end of which the decision may even not be in your favour.

What u could do at the most is to get a few freebies from the dealer after threatning him with negative publicity either via press, pamphlets or some TV channel. U could always claim to have influential contacts in the media.
Negative publicity is more scary for a dealer than the legal option.
Even if the sale of a couple of cars is affected, he stands to loose tens of thousands !!

This is what I had done long back with a Ford dealer and had my way

Last edited by bikefreak : 8th August 2006 at 02:17.
Old 8th August 2006, 08:23   #18
Team-BHP Support

Things are getting overblown

With our transport system etc, there is some transit damage. As long as it is repaired and is as good as new, are all these cases going to be worth it ?

Unless you can post the pics, my take is that the car had some superfiscial damage but was not repaired properly. You should focus on that.

Considering, you accepted the car as is and there is weak proof that the same damaged car i nthe pic is yours, you should be glad that the dealer is willoing to repair to as new
Old 8th August 2006, 14:01   #19
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I think you should take this with a pinch of salt this kind of stuf happens all the time in the new car industry due to transportation hazards its all cool if youve got a new fender and I dont think taking this to court would in neway change the outcome,besides you'd end up spending more...makes no sense.
Old 11th August 2006, 17:10   #20
BHPian

We called the customer care manager again and she said that CEO was out ot town, in Delhi, and that she'll call back on 19th of this month.

Till then i'm going to have my fingers crossed. She had also adviced me not to approach Maruti or Customer Court in the mean time. She said it'll be the most beneficial for us if we don't approach anyone for the time being.
Old 23rd August 2006, 01:47   #21
BHPian

hi guys,
well the customer care manager was supposed to call me on 19th, but she called yesterday ie on 22nd. She said that the manager had sent a mail to Maruti, and that it hasn't been replied to. She called like at 1:00pm.

At 2:00pm, there was another call from a person called Sabu Varghese and he said that he wanted to know how the paint work on my swift was which was done in a Workshop, which had a MRF paint booth, in Mavelikara, 12kms from my place and about 25 kms from AVG. He said that he wanted to get his WagonR painted as well. I said that i had never given my swift anywhere for repainting. I asked from where he was calling from and he hung up.

I went later that day searching for that workshop and enquired if any Swift had the fender repainted in the last 4 months. They said no. It was a big isolated worshop with not much cars. I told them about the incident and they said that 2 guys had come in a WagonR, said that the wanted to have there side door painted because it was scratched. They said they wanted to talk to one of their customers who had a repaint, then they said that they had a friend who had a grey Swift repainted there, and also had them check on the computer with my car register number. The guy in the workshop remembered the registration number they wanted to be checked. It was my number plate. They also said the car was an AVG car. And then they left.

What does this mean, that AVG is investigating every workshop and checking if my car had been repainted anywhere?

The customer care manager told me 10 days ago not to call anyone, like Maruti or Customer Court, or we might end up at a loss. Are they trying to convince any workshop to say that the car had been repainted in some workshop, the customer care manager said that she agreed that the car in the photo was my car and it was taken before it was delivered. Are they trying to con me again? This is so frustrating, they make me wait for 10 days and they said they had sent a mail.

I had a friend who works in a Tata workshop, and had him check my car, he said that PDI will never miss a gap between the fender and bumper. That it is probably a damage in transit, and not fixed properly.

I'm just frustrated, I'm going to call the Customer Care Manager today and tell her all this. I'll probably call the regional manager as well, i hadn't called so far because the customer care manager adviced not to.

Please guys, give some input.
Old 23rd August 2006, 17:35   #22
BHPian

for the first....calling maruti or the court will not deem u to get into loss..they are just trying to threaten u thats it...that means they knw somehting that you as a customer should not know as approaching the court will give them a bad name and also result in firing some guys responsible...instead of them calling the shots...which u shudnt have allowed them to get back to u...next time u call the shots as the damage ws done by them and not you and u are just claiming ur fair share...u have to slightly hint them with an ultimatum...otherwise as u knw they take a helluva time to get back....and also make u run around and spend ur time and energy...another thing i am doubting is that the guys in the transit must have done the damage and then not really reported to the main manager of that dealer and probably he's or some people involved in it is just hiding it and fixed it wihout the notice of the manager to save their jobs..try and run check with someone who might get in touch with the mechanics of the place i mean in terms of friendly approach...they might be able to give u an idea...(internally)...
really sad to know that now there is so much of dishonesty and no respect for hardearned money...shame!!
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:33   #23

Thats right, if you haven't already, drop some names and go ahead and file a formal complaint with Maruti to start with.
Old 24th August 2006, 02:17   #24
BHPian

Well, yesterday i called the customer care manager, i told her that i can't wait for any longer. I told her about the phone call and how i went enquiring till that workshop and all that. She said she had no idea, and that she will call her CEO and get back to me in half an hour.

She called back and told me that her CEO had set up an investigation, and that was a part of the investigation. I told why where they investigating outside AVG, when i have proved that the car was damaged when i received it. She said that there was an investigation in the employees of AVG as well, all who were involved in my car. She said there would be a decision regarding my car in 2,3 days. She said that the CEO was tracking the transit details of the car. I was like why are they doing that now, i bought that car 4 months back.

She also said that they had received a legal notice, i had given a complaint to internet consumer court site which had been given in this site somewhere. That was long ago, like 2 months ago, i had got a mail saying that a notice had been given to AVG and that we'll be contacted as soon as they get a reply. After that there was no reply from consumer court.

Well i guess i have to wait for another 2 days now. This is just so frustrating. I had called Maruti online like after i found the photo, and they told me to contact the regional manager. Well i was just waiting for the reply from AVG, now i have to wait for another 2 days.

Well, babeonwheels, thats exactly how i'm going to be playing now, thanks a lot guys.

It feels nice to have atleast some people on my side, thanks to teambhp.
Old 24th August 2006, 07:03   #25
BHPian

HI BUDDY
according to my they are just tring to buy time...
they are playing a game with you...
they are always asking you to wait for another few days...

i think they are waiting when you will come and say its enough give the car back to me, will dirive the same car...

post this issue in local news paper...
then it would be taken seriously and work would be done...
Old 26th August 2006, 01:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
HI BUDDY
according to my they are just tring to buy time...
they are playing a game with you...
they are always asking you to wait for another few days...

i think they are waiting when you will come and say its enough give the car back to me, will dirive the same car...

post this issue in local news paper...
then it would be taken seriously and work would be done...
Another misunderstanding, my car is with me now, its not at AVG. I have kept it there 2 months ago when they accused me of that, and i said i would accept the car only after we could talk to the GM.

Anyways thanks for the advice.

Most Viewed